December Airfare???

knovak

DIS Veteran
We will be heading to Disney from December 18 to 22 this year to take advantage of free dining and to experience Disney decorated for the holidays.

When is a good time to look for airfare?

Right now is pretty high - about $420 per person round trip out of Detroit. I usually pay $190 to $240 other times of year. I know it's more around the holidays, but I would assume it will drop some from these prices since I am 7 months out.

I actually purchased our airfare for our December '14 trip in April '14. I'd never booked that early before, but got a nonstop fare on Delta out of MSP for $206. Our dates were December 13-20. If I were you, I really would look now.

FWIW, Delta did end up cancelling the flight we were originally booked on, and we actually ended up on a flight that worked better for us (and was more expensive than the one we booked). I think that's the one time that Delta's frequent schedule changes actually worked in our favor!

You are traveling at one of the busiest air travel times of the year. I would book soon; it's very likely prices are only going to increase.

I've been watching flights and researching prices for the last couple of months for that departure date as well. From what I have figured out prices are likely not going to come down and may only go up as that is one of the busiest periods of the year for travel. If you can travel on the 17th you may find better prices. That's what I did and was able to get flights for $888 on the 17th vrs minimum of $1092 on the 18th from the airport I am travelling from.

:mad:If you sneak away on the 17th...and fly SWA...I see "as low as" $332 RT per person....Many times those Friday fares will "force" us to us to add a "bonus day in Orlando at little cost difference!
Don't wait too long...Big oil is doing everything they can to get those fuel prices back up!
Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter