December 9th (2010), 3 nights Bahamas (Wonder)

I CANNOT believe it's almost here!!! I booked it soo long ago and now here it is!!!!!

I'm not ready at all though...just maiking lists of everything we need to bring!

I have a few things packed like the FE gifts but since we are doing back to back cruises and going to WDW also I am totaly at a loss on how much to pack.

We arrived at AKL Jambo House this morning and have now checked into our room and in the process of putting things away.
We had spent Thanksgiving with family in New Jersey and today we are just relaxing, getting settled and catching up on lost sleep so we can get a great start tomorrow morning.
If anyone wants to get in touch with us while we are here on property you can reach us at Jambo House room 5014.
Safe travels to all and if we don't see you before we will see you at the Promenade Lounge. :grouphug:

Enjoy your stay at Jambo House. It's my favorite. See you at the Promenade.

Heading to Orlando tonight!!! Safe travels to everyone! See ya on Thursday :cool1:

~Katie

Hello Everyone!

We booked this a few weeks ago but it has taken me this long to figure out how to get started on here. This is our first Disney Cruise and I will be traveling with my husband Dave and just turned one year old daughter Gracie!

We have no idea what to pack. We live about an hour from port and we are worried we will be COLD!

I can't wait! So stinking excited. I hope we get to meet everyone!

I would love to meet up with you guys at 3 on sailaway day but how will you all know eachother?

We have late seating cause we booked so late and are in the Palo 2nd night. When do we get our dining rotation? I hope we don't miss the room that changes color. That looks like a blast.

Also I know it is too late to get in the FE but I will try to drop something off for you all anyway if we can make it by all your cabins! Gives me an excuse to wander the ship while Dh stays in with the baby! Whoo Hoo!

I would love to meet up with you guys at 3 on sailaway day but how will you all know eachother?

We have late seating cause we booked so late and are in the Palo 2nd night. When do we get our dining rotation? I hope we don't miss the room that changes color. That looks like a blast.

Also I know it is too late to get in the FE but I will try to drop something off for you all anyway if we can make it by all your cabins! Gives me an excuse to wander the ship while Dh stays in with the baby! Whoo Hoo![/QUOTE

Welcome, welcome:welcome: Glad you can join us. The more the merrier...

You will get your dining rotation when you get your KTTW card (room key).
It will be printed on your card. They are usually APT, TAP or PTA.
A-Animator's Palette, P-Parrot Cay, and T-Tritons.

If you get TAP, which would put you in Animators on the 2nd night, go to WaveBands when you first board and try to change your rotation.

You will be able to spot my husband and I as we will have our names on (Doug and Audrey). Hope to see you at 3 pm on Thursday.

Safe travels to all....

Also I know it is too late to get in the FE but I will try to drop something off for you all anyway if we can make it by all your cabins! Gives me an excuse to wander the ship while Dh stays in with the baby! Whoo Hoo!

I'm not the organizer of the FE's, but I would think it's not too late...I can add you to our list! What cabin are you? The FE list is in post #100

As far as missing the painter's palate...the night we did Palo's last cruise...we just had 2 dinners!! We'll get our rotation when you get to the rooms usually!

As far as packing, there isn't anything extraordinary you'll need. Bathing suith, shorts, tshirts, maybe a sweater, a nice outfit for Palo's, a nice outfit for the nice dinner/pictures, lots of diapers (I did a cruise with a 4 month old 3 years ago), they have strollers usually that you can borrow, on castaway cay (my favorite place on earth) they have carts you can put the baby and your stuff in, maybe a few beach toys, they have towels you can use, sunscreen, birth certificates/passports, standard toiletries - they have the same stuff hotels do, toys/lovee/blankie, camera. I do not think there's a formal night on the 3 day cruise. Here's a list http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/planning-library/packing-list/

See you thursday!!

Meredith
Hope that helps!

You will love the cruise we had lots of fun. This is our second cruise the first time we went our baby was 16 months. She turned 2 this Oct. Like the previous poster said bring lots of diapers. You find out you're dining rotation when you register at the port. It will say 3 letters on your key to the world card and those letters represent what restaurant you will go to each night. If you have any questions just ask we will try to put a lil something together for your fish extended. I might not have enough supplies to make you the same gifts as everybody else but I'll put together something for you.

we are in 6098.
I think it might be too late for me to try to make a FE. Can I hang a stocking?

BTW thanks for the PM, I don't have enough posts to message back.

I see 2 of you have Lil Lil ones too, it will be great to have others for the baby to play with.

SO excited for all you guys!! Have a WONDERful cruise!! :thumbsup2 Wish I was there! :worship:

Could I ask a favor?!?! Would one of you nice people let us know if there is "soda water" (carbonated water) at the beverage station. They have it on the Magic and someone didn't remember seeing it on the Wonder last month.

TIA!!!! :goodvibes Again, have a WONDERfully MAGICal Disney cruise!! :wizard: Sandy

we are in 6098.

I see 2 of you have Lil Lil ones too, it will be great to have others for the baby to play with.

Yes you can hang a stocking you'll prolly have to bring string or something to hang it with since the lil loop won't fit around the fish.

SO excited for all you guys!! Have a WONDERful cruise!! :thumbsup2 Wish I was there! :worship:

Could I ask a favor?!?! Would one of you nice people let us know if there is "soda water" (carbonated water) at the beverage station. They have it on the Magic and someone didn't remember seeing it on the Wonder last month.

TIA!!!! :goodvibes Again, have a WONDERfully MAGICal Disney cruise!! :wizard: Sandy

Yes I will check that out for you!

we are in 6098.

Stockings work great. I have seen many different kids of FE's. Even, a fishing net. See you at the promenade. I will be using a ECV electric scooter duiring the curise. I have bad knees and am trying to avoid too much walking. Se we should be pretty easy to spot.

So excited everybody!! Welcome to those who are new :flower3:

BAD BAD NEWS!!! I'm sick :sad1: I went to the doctor yesterday and she said I have viral pharyngitis.. so basically, it's a sore throat that they can't do anything about. I've been pumping myself full of airborne and echinacea trying to ward it off. Had to take yesterday and today off of work since I have almost no voice and I talk all day for a living :rotfl: We're going to Garden Grill for the candlelight package tomorrow night, so I'd darn well better feel better!

I made my fish extender last night - I did the no sew one on the FE info page. Um.. it didn't quite go as planned, lol. It doesn't look awful.. but there may have been a lot of four letter words involved and DH had to intervene before I started a rumble with the iron. I'm not crafty.. like, at all. But it has pockets so.. it'll serve it's function!

Can't wait to meet everyone at 3 at the lounge! :yay:

So excited everybody!! Welcome to those who are new :flower3:

BAD BAD NEWS!!! I'm sick :sad1: I went to the doctor yesterday and she said I have viral pharyngitis.. so basically, it's a sore throat that they can't do anything about. I've been pumping myself full of airborne and echinacea trying to ward it off. Had to take yesterday and today off of work since I have almost no voice and I talk all day for a living :rotfl: We're going to Garden Grill for the candlelight package tomorrow night, so I'd darn well better feel better!

I made my fish extender last night - I did the no sew one on the FE info page. Um.. it didn't quite go as planned, lol. It doesn't look awful.. but there may have been a lot of four letter words involved and DH had to intervene before I started a rumble with the iron. I'm not crafty.. like, at all. But it has pockets so.. it'll serve it's function!

Can't wait to meet everyone at 3 at the lounge! :yay:

Ohhh nooo...Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I have been worried the same would happen with our fam. Low and behold, DS16mo came down with something last Thurs. He was seen in Urgent Care on Sat. He is on anti-biotics. The doc said the cruise should not be a problem, but would not write a note attesting to that. As of yesterday, DS is doing much better. Still congested, but that is the only symptom he has left. Waiting for a call from his regular Dr. to give a final word or to see if she will squeeze us in for an appt to come see her before we hit the road headed to Orlando tomorrow. DS health comes first. So if she says no, than he won't go. But seeing how quickly he has gotten better and being on the antibiotics, I think she will give a green light. Knock on wood.

Hope you are feeling better today and are able to enjoy the candelight event. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Take care,
H:flower3:

On board now, i checked and didn't see any soda water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter