December 9th (2010), 3 nights Bahamas (Wonder)

Hi all,
I'm Katie. I'll be on this cruise with my niece (7) and nephew (5). Also my parents are coming too. We are doing Disney World for 4 or 5 days before the cruise. Would also be interested in doing fish extenders. I just went on my first Disney cruise in May, it was awesome!!

Hi Lucy! A quick question for you....how long after your reservation did you get your DCL-DVD? I have booked I think in early Feb, yet haven't received any such DVD....

I'm so very excited! Every day I look at my little countdown...185 days to go...Yay!!!

Best,

Melia

Hi, Just getting back to you as our wireless connection was down....uhum....apparently it was an operator malfunction!:laughing:The DCL-DVD can be ordered by calling 800-951-3532 or going to www.disneycruise.com.

Another neat thing I found and just signed up for online are free park maps that are customized just for you. It doesn't have any operational hours or parade times, but it was another great keepsake, and free! The address is www.disneyworld.com/maps then just click on the customized option. Just look into all the drop down boxes to make the choices for each park map and follow the "next" buttons to the end. You may choose to print them out or have them mailed directly to you.

Fish Extenders gift Exchange. Gifts are delivered to the others guests rooms and placed in a exdender hanging from the "fish" by the cabin door. These can be whatever you like. In the past we have recieved post cards and items from the givers home state or country. Also popular are pirate night goodies, think Oriental Trading Co. We have also given coloring books for kids, and keychains for adults. The options are up to you. It's alot of fun and I will be happy to coordinate this. PM me your cabin number and names and ages of children, names only for adults. I will send eveyone a list the first of November so we will have time to do the necessary shopping. Therefore a cut off date of November 1 would allow all participants adequate time.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I have my gifts pick out already but they are a surpise so no hints.

Hi Disney Fan and K8e,

It would be fun to meet each other at some point during our cruise. Since you two have some experience, could you share how this is done? Should our group have a "name" ?
Thanks from all us newbies!

Hi, Just getting back to you as our wireless connection was down....uhum....apparently it was an operator malfunction!:laughing:The DCL-DVD can be ordered by calling 800-951-3532 or going to www.disneycruise.com.

Another neat thing I found and just signed up for online are free park maps that are customized just for you. It doesn't have any operational hours or parade times, but it was another great keepsake, and free! The address is www.disneyworld.com/maps then just click on the customized option. Just look into all the drop down boxes to make the choices for each park map and follow the "next" buttons to the end. You may choose to print them out or have them mailed directly to you.

PS on the maps above...these came in the mail last week and they are adorable! They are printed on good quality paper and even the envelope is fun. Definately worth the time to fill out for WDW fans and kids would love it!

Hi Disney Fan and K8e,

It would be fun to meet each other at some point during our cruise. Since you two have some experience, could you share how this is done? Should our group have a "name" ?
Thanks from all us newbies!

We can name our group if we want. Does anyone have suggestions for a name?

I'm going to me on this cruise with DH, DD and DS...we cannot wait. It will be DH and my 4th cruise, DS's 3rd and DD's 2nd (unless you could in utero). I LOVE the ship when it's decorated for christmas!

I would also LOVE to do the fish extenders too!!! DS is 6 and DD is 3!

I'm so excited, just started to book our excursions the other Day. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait for Dec 9th to get here. I am interested in doing FE.

I've never done fish extenders but it seems like we have a few people on here who are interested so I though I'd try to organize it. If you're interested in doing the fish extenders, send me an e-mail to meredithwolff @ hotmail.com (without the spaces) with the ages of your kids and your room number. We could make it like a secret santa since it is so close to christmas! :santa:

For anyone who is unfamiliar with fish extenders, they are something you hang from the fish next to your door (you can make one or I've see
n them on e-bay). Then it works like a secret santa. Each person is assigned a room number of another participant and you buy little gifts (usually from oriental trading or something that pertains to your home town.

PLus we could organize a disboards meet and greet one of the days of the cruise. Maybe the Nassau day after we return to the ship?

Thanks!! See you all in less than 3 months!

My DH and DS (and myself, of course) are going to be on the Dec 9th cruise too! I just put down the deposit for the cruise today. Due to my DH's job we can't ever plan too far out and we always get travel insurance 'just in case'. :thumbsup2

We've done WDW so many times (not surprising since we live in Florida) that we had to find something different to do this year. We've even stayed at every single hotel compound in WDW as well (actually not the Treehouses, but I count those as a part of Saratoga Springs so I stand by my 'accomplishment'! ;) ).

Anyway, DH and I had done a Carnival cruise to Cozumel earlier this year and had a good time but figured Disney must be 100 x better. So it is my birthday and Christmas present as well as my DH birthday present as well.

Love the info about the FE, I just ordered a customized one off of Ebay.

Can't wait for December either! :yay:

Wow, just realized that the cruise is 3 months away today!!! :cool1:

I also just checked for military rates and found them posted on the disney cruise web site. Even my TA didn't have the rates listed in her disney agent booking site. She was able to get us the military rate and we upgraded to an oceanview room (we were booked in an inside cabin). SO EXCITED NOW!

:cheer2::banana:

This thread is gaining members, welcome! What is everyone doing to prepare for the trip?
Does anyone have any door magnets for their door? (I need to search for some easy directions)
Is there anyone who knows what the average temperature is on the Bahamanian cruises during our dates?
What are you most looking forward to on this WONDERful Winter cruise?

We will be joining you on this cruise.
My husband and i will be celebrating our 11th anniversary on
the 10th.
We would love to take part in the fish extenders but i don't know who to contact for this cruise as i have read a couple of people are looking after it.
Please let me know how, where, when and who, the logistics are for this cruising fe.

A

My 2 bestest friends and myself will be joining you all on the Cruise:dance3:!! This will be our first cruise. I am scouring the boards for all info I can get on the cruise to make it the most magical and memorable trip. My best friend Suzanne (she is a DIS'r also) and I are 'veteran' Disney goers. However, this will be our 1st cruise ... and our other friend Barb - this will be her first trip to WDW AND the cruise....we are so excited.

I'm thinking this idea with the Fish Hanger is really cool (isit just for kids??) ... and maybe a meet up. We are 'childless' this trip (no grandkids for Suzanne):woohoo:.

Guess I'm going to have to get busy and make some magnets for our door and a fish hanger :) I do like the 'secret santa' idea.

I think myself and my 2 friends would be interested in this...need to get a quick affirmation from them. However, there aren't any "kids" with us this trip -- just us 3 adult women. Can we still be a part of the Fish Hangers???

I think anyone who wants to do it can, young or old!!!

So what are we going to name our group?

I'll gladly organize the fish extenders :fish:, but have no idea how to go about doing it. We've been on many cruises, but never done the fish extenders.

I'm ordering one on e-bay now!

Meri

We will be joining you on this cruise.
My husband and i will be celebrating our 11th anniversary on
the 10th.
We would love to take part in the fish extenders but i don't know who to contact for this cruise as i have read a couple of people are looking after it.
Please let me know how, where, when and who, the logistics are for this cruising fe.

A

I think I am taking care of this. If anyone else is please let me know so we can compare notes. I am planning on sending our a complete list the first week of November. We need cabin number number of adults, and ages of any children. Please include your screen name and first name in a PM with the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter