December 9, 2012 Disney Dream Cruise Meets

Yeah, I didn't realize earlier it is dated as posted by Disney in 2009. So who knows. But I think it still helps to get the spirit and excitement stirred up:santa:

Tracy

I forwarded you the list I got from Christopher most recently.

oops, somehow I loaded an old thread and replied to the bottom of page 14. Sorry folks, I can't figure out how to delete this.

Hello all my DH (Ron) and I (Renee) just booked this cruise tonight actually we will be on the 3 night right before so we are doing our first B2B We were on the Fantasy in August but not on the Dream yet can't wait :cool1:

Hello all my DH (Ron) and I (Renee) just booked this cruise tonight actually we will be on the 3 night right before so we are doing our first B2B We were on the Fantasy in August but not on the Dream yet can't wait :cool1:

WOW again you beat me to the posting of our newly booked cruises......:lmao:......can not wait to get on the ship..yes I love to cruise and looking forward to our first BTB......:thumbsup2

Hello everyone!

For those considering mailing your FE gifts I found and copied this from facebook "I found that by making room in my suitcase for them, I had room for ones that I received and for a few purchases. So I'm glad I packed them. Ended up with an extra suitcase but it was worth it, otherwise I don't know how I would have gotten everything home." Just something to think about, I am in NO way trying to tell anyone how or what to pack.

Also just a friendly request, if I may be so forward, can those who are new and joining the part B of the FE please list basics for your cabin so we can get started. How many adult women, how many adult men, how many boys with ages and how many girls with ages. That will be a great help for those of us in group B in getting the goodies ready and not quite so much pressure on Christopher to get new lists out right away with every sign up.

Also don't forget we have a facebook group that is closed you may request to join at https://www.facebook.com/groups/365253410235094/ So far it has been pretty easy with my list to know for sure if someone is part of the group. If I get a request I am not sure of, I may send you a message for more information before I approve. We want to keep it private so we can post pictures now and later and not have to worry about them spread all over the web or visible to the world.

Does anyone know if you carry on has to actually be carried by you? We are all allowed 1 carry on and a purse for women correct? I can't imagine we would have so much it would be an issue, but we have never done this before. If we packed a regular size back pack for my 5 year old, I would never expect her to actually carry or wear the thing. Can we carry it? Is there any limits on size of purses?

Tracy

Does anyone know if you carry on has to actually be carried by you? We are all allowed 1 carry on and a purse for women correct? I can't imagine we would have so much it would be an issue, but we have never done this before. If we packed a regular size back pack for my 5 year old, I would never expect her to actually carry or wear the thing. Can we carry it? Is there any limits on size of purses?

Tracy

If you are talking about carrying items onto the ship, I don't think it will be an issue for you to carry your son's backpack. I've seen people roll on small suitcases, etc. I don't think the cast members are as strict as airline employees as bags per person, sizes, etc. The only carry on rule I've heard Disney enforce is the hard sided coolers.

yes if your talking about carry ons for the ship as many as you want but just remember that you have them with you till you can get into your room

Hello,

This is our first Disney cruise. (Family of 3) We decided last minute to go on the Dream December 9th so I have just started my research and have quickly learned about FE's. It sounds like a fantastic addition to our cruise experience, but I saw on the initial post that it said FINAL list. Is there any openings left to participate?
This is also the first time I have even joined a forum, let alone posted on one, so I'm not sure if this is bad etiquette or not (asking so close to the cruise date). Please accept my apologies if it is, but I figured I had to give it a try.

Thank you!

Hello,

This is our first Disney cruise. (Family of 3) We decided last minute to go on the Dream December 9th so I have just started my research and have quickly learned about FE's. It sounds like a fantastic addition to our cruise experience, but I saw on the initial post that it said FINAL list. Is there any openings left to participate?
This is also the first time I have even joined a forum, let alone posted on one, so I'm not sure if this is bad etiquette or not (asking so close to the cruise date). Please accept my apologies if it is, but I figured I had to give it a try.

Thank you!

Yes you can join. We started a Group B for the last minutes. I will need your basic info and have sent you a PM with my e-mail. If you send it soon I will get out another list ASAP.

If you are talking about carrying items onto the ship, I don't think it will be an issue for you to carry your son's backpack. I've seen people roll on small suitcases, etc. I don't think the cast members are as strict as airline employees as bags per person, sizes, etc. The only carry on rule I've heard Disney enforce is the hard sided coolers.

Thanks so much!! I was a bit concerned reading all the things that have to be in my bag. Then all the suggested items I see to have in your bag. Not that I do everything I see listed as a suggestion. But some are pretty good.

Were planning on bringing reusable water bottles to get water or soda from the drink station. If we bring those in carry on should they be empty? Do the cruises follow that fluid limit like planes?

Eli (Elizabeth) is a girl by the way, everyone confuses that.:goodvibes

Tracy

Thanks so much!! I was a bit concerned reading all the things that have to be in my bag. Then all the suggested items I see to have in your bag. Not that I do everything I see listed as a suggestion. But some are pretty good.

Were planning on bringing reusable water bottles to get water or soda from the drink station. If we bring those in carry on should they be empty? Do the cruises follow that fluid limit like planes?

Tracy

no they don't have to be empty...we always carry on a few bottles of water for the room and also our rum and we bring a couple of those double walled cups with a lid and straw for soda/rum

Tracy

Oh no please don't tell your daughter I confused her for a son.

I haven't ever tried to carry on an open beverage so I'm not for sure if they frown on that. Probably not cause sometimes (not often) you have to wait awhile in the lobby so I don't think they would have a problem with people having drinks.

For my purse and carry on, we just have our valuables (phones, cameras, jewelry, medicine,etc.). I totally ignore the tips about having extra clothes in case luggage gets lost, etc. We like to live dangerously ;).

My only tip is if your daughter likes to swim (and the weather is nice) definitely carry on your suits so you can swim before 1pm. Pools are never crowded when guests are boarding. We take the time after lunch to walk around the ship, taking pictures, enjoying the ship. If DH and I were swimmers, we would definitely take advantage of the empty pools.

Oh I won't tell her, like I said it happens all the time though. Some even call my oldest Ali (Alexandrea) Ali like the fighter! and that happens standing there looking at her!

I plan to have the girls just wear their suits under their outfits. And i was thinking with the weather it might be ok to just dress in something that would be acceptable for dinner as well. Its not like we should be in really hot weather or anything. And you don't have to dress too fancy for dinner from what I have read. And I also have seen lots of people just totally ignore the dress code for dinner anyway, not that we plan to do that.

I am also trying to find information on medications. All the threads I am finding are old.:sad2: so I guess I need to post a new thread instead of wasting my time. I typically use one of those pill organizer things. But I had seen I am supposed to bring everything in original bottles. I am wondering if that is just to get on the boat for TSA? Or do I have to bring all that to my meals to take my meds too? Those are really my big concerns for space in the bag, but by the replies from you and others on carry on space shouldn't be an issue at all. Just how much we really think we have to carry.

We do plan to randomly add stuff to each suitcase though. So a little of everyone's stuff is in each bag. That way were not totally out should something get misplaced. Although with us driving there I can't really see anything like that happening.

Tracy

Oh I won't tell her, like I said it happens all the time though. Some even call my oldest Ali (Alexandrea) Ali like the fighter! and that happens standing there looking at her!

I plan to have the girls just wear their suits under their outfits. And i was thinking with the weather it might be ok to just dress in something that would be acceptable for dinner as well. Its not like we should be in really hot weather or anything. And you don't have to dress too fancy for dinner from what I have read. And I also have seen lots of people just totally ignore the dress code for dinner anyway, not that we plan to do that.

I am also trying to find information on medications. All the threads I am finding are old.:sad2: so I guess I need to post a new thread instead of wasting my time. I typically use one of those pill organizer things. But I had seen I am supposed to bring everything in original bottles. I am wondering if that is just to get on the boat for TSA? Or do I have to bring all that to my meals to take my meds too? Those are really my big concerns for space in the bag, but by the replies from you and others on carry on space shouldn't be an issue at all. Just how much we really think we have to carry.

We do plan to randomly add stuff to each suitcase though. So a little of everyone's stuff is in each bag. That way were not totally out should something get misplaced. Although with us driving there I can't really see anything like that happening.

Tracy

My husband has a lot of prescriptions because of health issues. We bring all of his medications in original bottles. I believe the only people who would question the medications are TSA and Customs. I am use to carrying our huge ziploc bag of medications but if you are really worried about space, you can have your pharmacy print out the prescriptions on paper and carry that with smaller bottles or baggies. As long as TSA and Customs see that you have a valid prescription there shouldn't be an issue.

Tracy

Only time I have had problems with TSA are with liquid medications.

(Epi-Pens, Diabetic Supplies, liquid antibiotics should all be in marked containers with prescription label. Your vitamins or allergy pills should be fine in the travel containers. We took lots of pill medications with us overseas last year and did not have problems.

We have gone to our pharmacy to get travel size bottles to separate a liquid medicine once for travel to keep it under the oz weight. They put a duplicate prescription label on it.

Thanks so much for the answers, I have spent quite some time this morning trying to find the answers.:thumbsup2

So once on board I can use my little pill box to go ahead and set them up then bring just what I need in a small container to meals?

Tracy

Thanks so much for the answers, I have spent quite some time this morning trying to find the answers.:thumbsup2

So once on board I can use my little pill box to go ahead and set them up then bring just what I need in a small container to meals?

Tracy

Yes you can use your little pill box at dinner. I have one for DH that I carry around for him on the ship. There would be no reason for any servers on the ship to question you and if they did, that would be an invasion of privacy.

Tracy
just think of it as a floating hotel once u pass through security nothing is checked again and going to dinner is just like going to any other restaurant I know everything seems at times over whelming when its your first cruise but once you get the first one down you will think back y did i stress so much I know I did after the first and now this will be the 9th Disney and 10 overall

Hello everyone!

Tracy

The last time I went through Port Canaveral (In January 2012), I carried a suitcase (a size that would fit in an overhead storage thing on a plane) and a rather large messenger bag with me. Your carry-on bags just have to be of an appropriate size to fit through the x-ray machine (just like the ones they use at the airport) and you have to remember that you have to carry them the whole time you are in the port and on the ship until approx. 1:30 when the staterooms are available. My suitcase was on wheels and I just rested the messenger bag on top of it.
I do not think that there is a "1 carry on and 1 purse" limitation at all like there is on a plane.
Even if there were, Nobody would mind you carrying the "carry-on" for your child.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted here. Been so busy. Actually flying down the day before now (yay) and staying at Coronado Springs (cast member Discount, thanks to friends who still work at WDW. Too bad doesn't work for the Cruise Line.)... I think we'll be sleeping in and taking a leisurely drive down to PC in the morning, maybe try to get there around 12:30 or 1:00, enough time to check in, get on board and eat before the staterooms are ready, without having to fill in time exploring while toting luggage with us.

I'm sorry, why am I so long-winded? Can't wait to see everyone! It's officially 30 days, now! (well, if you are on Eastern time... and in 10 minutes, if you are in Central time, like me.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter