• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 9-17 temperature??

kenny

DIS Veteran
I was looking and noticed that the day temps for this time period are low to mid 70's, which is fine, but how are the night?

I know they can vary but what are the average evening temps? We are going to MVMCP one night and my wife wanted my dd to wear a nive chirstmas outfit for pics but I am worried that it will be too cold.

Also not sure what we should be packing.

Thanks

The last few years we have gone the first weekend in December we wore everything from shorts to gloves and winter coats. One year it POURED rain and the MVMCP was a real washout! Last year things temps were warm during the day (capris and sandals) but cooled down at night for jeans, and heavy hoodies.

We are leaving on the 6th and I plan on taking jeans, capris, a pair of shorts, and tees and sweatshirts for layering. Since I am coming from Michigan and we have to park and wait off site for a shuttle to the airport, I am wearing a heavier fall jacket that I can layer over a sweatshirt if it gets cold like it did one time! I also throw a pair of magic gloves in my pockets...it can get chilly waiting for the parade after the sun goes down.

pinnie

Sorry somehow it double posted!!!

pinnie

We did MVMCP a few years ago and it was freezing. Pack the cute outfit for the kiddo AND gloves, hat, coat and leggings, just in case.

We'll be there during that time period as well and have been going in December for the past 4-5 years. Our first year it got into the upper 30s at night and kids were still in the pool at WL at night. Last year was generally cold day and night (for a Floridian). Nights were in the 40s and 50s and the days in the 60s for the most part. We did get a warm day on our last day.

Have to agree with the previous poster.........temps can vary from day to day.As it gets closer check the 10 day forecast, most of the time it does get chilly at night, although it says 50's it feels colder because of the dampness down here. Be prepared for anything ..........I always go to the MVMCP and have worn everything from ski jackets to shorts and on a couple of occasions have even worn gloves!

That time of year can vary widely. I've been there many times and have seen daytime temps in the 50's to the 80's. Generally if it is below 70 during the day, it gets cold at night. I've taken a light winter coat for evenings on some trips. Always bring gloves.

Actually we look forward to the colder weather because it puts you more into the holiday spirit. Get cold please (but not too cold). :thumbsup2

We were there two years ago during the first week in December, and temps were in the mid 80's during the day, and 60's at night. Pretty warm! We wore shorts all week! We will check the forecast a couple of days before we leave, but intend on bringing a good mix of clothes, from shorts, jeans and capris, to Tshirts and sweats! Will bring some gloves too.. just in case!

We went last Dec 11-17 and the nights were chilly as were some days. I ended up buying lightweight gloves at Epcot one day at 4pm and we decided to leave a short while later because when the sun went down, it got real cold! We noticed quite a few people coming into the park as we were exiting who were wearing scarfs and gloves. The temps really to vary at that time of year.

Muushka said:
We did MVMCP a few years ago and it was freezing. Pack the cute outfit for the kiddo AND gloves, hat, coat and leggings, just in case.
A NC "freezing" means light jacket, maybe a sweatshirt to one of us from up north. :)

Just kidding...a little. :) We were there mid-Nov in '04 and the nights can get chilly. Probably mid-50s when we were there. We left our jackets in the room one night and regretted not having them.

That said, I was in Sarasota one day when it was 65...the natives were in hats, scarves, and gloves. We were in long sleeve t-shirts and sweatpants. But, we're from Ohio...I know a few people from Minnesota who would have been in shorts and a tank top... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter