December 7, 2014-Magic-Western Caribbean

Tom and Denise

Earning My Ears
My wife Denise and I decided to start a cruise meet thread to replace the one that went inactive. We live in Hobart, Indiana, which is actually part of the greater Chicagoland area. This will be our 5th cruise and the 4th on a Disney ship. We love the Disney cruises even though we have never travelled with children. For now, we are looking to organize a Fish Extender. We have participated in two F/E's on previous cruises, but this will be the first we are putting together ourselves. We will also be starting a Facebook group for those who prefer that form of communication. We will have plenty more information to come....

ROLL CALL

Tom and Denise - Tom (50s), Denise (50s). Hometown: Hobart, Indiana

Roll Call: To add your family to the Official Roll Call, please post in the thread as much of the following information as you desire or contact us (Tom and Denise) via PM:

- Names, Gender and Ages of Cruisers
- Hometown
- Stateroom(s)
- Dinner Seating

Thanks, I just did my first Disney Cruise February 18th on the Dream. I also did the fish extender. It was very fun, I am definitely interested in doing it again. I am traveling with my 2 grown daughters but we are kids at heart.

Thanks for doing this Tom and Denise. :thumbsup2 This will be my fifth Disney cruise but my sisters first. I have done F/E's and am looking forward to playing. We live in the foothills of northwestern NC between Boone and Winston Salem. My first Disney cruise was with 3 of my 5 grandchildren. The rest were with my late husband. This will be my ninth cruise all together. Boy am I happy to get back to Disney even though the others were good. Can't wait to meet everyone.:woohoo:

Hello, we have requested to join the Facebook page! This will be our third Disney cruise, but our first time joining in the FE!:wave2:looking forward to cruising and the fun of preparing to cruise!

Hi all! My name is Suzanne. My DH Jeff and son Wyatt (9) will be on the 12/7 Magic sailing. This our second DCL cruise. Our first was a 5 night double dip on the Dream in 2012. We are from Pittsburgh PA.

We have never done an FE before. How does it work? Looking forward to planning and getting excited!

FYI the link to the 12//7 Magic Western Caribbean in the Stickie links to the old thread :)

An F/E is easy. First, get a fish extender. You can make one, buy one, or just use a bag. It's just something to put the small gifts everyone exchanges in and hangs on the fish outside the cabin door. The gifts can be simple or as extravagant as you want-candy, notepads, magnets, small first aid kits, etc. Use your imagination. There are several links to see what others have made. Just google fish extender gifts and enjoy.:thumbsup2

From Tom:
We promised more information this weekend, and here it is! Please bear with us as we work out the details. As I've stated, we've done a couple of F/E's but this is the first one we will be organizing.

We will have a cruise meet on embarkation day. The time and location will be announced as we get closer to December.

Please provide the following information if you want to participate in the fish extender:

1. Cabin number
2. DIS Board name
3. Facebook name
4. Name and gender of adult guests (ages optional)
5. Gender and ages of child guests (names optional)
6. Any allergies (for candy or food gifts)
7. Any special occasions or comments

You can post your information on either the DIS Board or Facebook.

After we close registration sometime in November, we will distribute the information to everyone in a spreadsheet.

If anyone has any questions, please post them here. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for the group, this is the place to discuss them.

1. Cabin number: 6576
2. DIS Board name: suebedo
3. Facebook name: Suzanne Wybranowski
4. Name and gender of adult guests (ages optional): Suzanne (45) & Jeff (43) Wybranowski
5. Gender and ages of child guests (names optional): Wyatt (9)
6. Any allergies (for candy or food gifts): none
7. Any special occasions or comments: nothing special

Thanks for the heads-up. I sent a request to the thread to change the link.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for organizing this meet thread. My wife and I just booked this cruise and we're looking forward to meeting you all.

I posted this link on the cruise meets page and requested to have it linked also.

Hi all! My name is Shannon and I'll be sailing this as an adult mother/daughter cruise (myself, late 30's, mom 60's). We are both big Disney fans and survivors of the "infamous" Hurricane Sandy Fantasy sailing (!) and this will be my fifth cruise, all DCL. We are from Pittsburgh PA and cannot wait to see the reimagined Magic! We look forward to getting to know everyone as we all start our countdowns. Planning on adding a few park days, as well.

Just wanted to drop by and say hello.

I believe my husband Jim a/k/a Johnny Quest already checked in.
We love this itinerary and early December is the perfect land and sea trip.

Can't wait!

christine

Hi.
I'm Brenda and my husbands Ken. We're from Manitoba. We're both in our 60s

I'd like to meet up with others but I'm not interested in a F/E exchange.

Brenda
from MB

Hi Everybody My wife (Kathy) And I (Dave) have literally just booked this cruise. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. This will be cruise #5 for us. #6 scheduled for July 2015 on the dream. We want to do the FE. How many Cabins do you have signed up? Tom is there anyway we can get the spread sheet earlier than November. Reason being we are creating something that is Family name specific and a month time to create just isn't going to cut it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter