• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 7,2013 Wonder from Galveston

I'm sure that we will love DCL! Hoping to have grandkids in the next few years so we can enjoy seeing it all with little ones in the future. Our boys were big fans of anything Disney growing up. We're not getting any younger, so though we'd give it a try.
We plan to enjoy Texas before and after the cruise. Not sure how easy it is to get to the port...TX departure is new to us.

:cool1: It's almost time, 4 days away from getting to check-in online and I'm starting to get excited. Anyone else stating up to midnight to check-in?

:banana::banana:

:cool1: It's almost time, 4 days away from getting to check-in online and I'm starting to get excited. Anyone else stating up to midnight to check-in?

:banana::banana:

Definitely excited and waiting for the online check in. Have to get Palo brunch scheduled! :thumbsup2

Definitely excited and waiting for the online check in. Have to get Palo brunch scheduled! :thumbsup2

Remember everyone...It is midnight EDT. So when it hits midnight in New York City...that go time for EVERYONE, regardless of what time zone you are in. I say this, as I made the mistake (only one time :rotfl:) of waiting until midnight Central time. :scared:

Hi! I'm Marla and my DH, DD and 2 DS will be going on this cruise. It's my DH's and I second time to go on a cruise, but it's all of ours first time on a Disney Cruise.

I've been reading through some of the threads and I'm so confused. I have no idea what a Fish Exchange is? Also, saw something about door art? My kids are older (14,11,8) so they don't really have favorite Disney characters. Where should I go to find out about all these things?

Someone also said something about online check-in starting soon? How does that work? Sorry, this is all new and there is so much information on this site that its easy to get lost or distracted.

Looking forward to meeting y'all! :yay:

Hi! I'm Marla and my DH, DD and 2 DS will be going on this cruise. It's my DH's and I second time to go on a cruise, but it's all of ours first time on a Disney Cruise.

I've been reading through some of the threads and I'm so confused. I have no idea what a Fish Exchange is? Also, saw something about door art? My kids are older (14,11,8) so they don't really have favorite Disney characters. Where should I go to find out about all these things?

Someone also said something about online check-in starting soon? How does that work? Sorry, this is all new and there is so much information on this site that its easy to get lost or distracted.

The FE is a Fish Extender. By the door of all SRs there is a fish or starfish or seahorse. It is there for DCL to be able to leave you notes or mail. Well, we DCL fanatics decided to use it for something additional. We hang a "Fish Extender" off of it, which is a decorated pouch, usually with 3 or 4 compartments. People who participate, become part of a gift exchange where you make or buy things for all others in your FE group and you deliver them to their FE at any time throughout the cruise. If I can get a picture on here, I will...

Also, door art...we DCL fanatics also like our door to be pretty, so we decorate it with all sorts of Disney DCL related stuff. Important, no tape...must use magnets...again, if I can get a pic on here I will.

Online check-in and bookings are based on what level of Castaway Club Member a person is. You become a Castaway Club member AFTER your first DCL sailing. After 1 cruise you are Silver, After 5 cruises you are Gold and after 10 cruises you are Platinum. Platinum gets to check-in first, then Gold, then Silver and then first time cruisers. Platinum goes 120 days out, Gold 105 days out and Silver 90 days out...I am so sorry, I dont know when first timers go, as I can't find that anywhere. LOL Besides, that was 17 DCL cruises ago for me! LOL:cool1:

1-2011MaidenVoyageDreamTrip012FEFull.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup2 Most of the questions can be answered through the FAQ thread on the cruise board. It has links to the Fish Extender and magnet links, along with food photos, and a ton of other great info threads. That, and I'm sure everyone will toss in their help as well.

And if you're on facebook, there is a facebook link in the thread listing the fish extender information. If not on facebook, just let tbdolphin know if you want to participate, as she is keeping up with all that. And doing an excellent job at it!

Cruise is getting closer...thinking about shopping for end of season shorts at the local stores! Stuff I have worn all summer is looking TIRED!!! Countdown.....Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec.!
Those of you who have posted door decorations...Wow! This is our first Disney cruise. I better get started on something soon. I have a few ideas!

Yay! Got our Palo reservations for brunch on Thursday and Dinner on Sunday. Hope you all get the reservations and excursions you want!

Yay! Got our Palo reservations for brunch on Thursday and Dinner on Sunday. Hope you all get the reservations and excursions you want!

Excellent! We scheduled our brunch for day two. And got an early port arrival time so we can enjoy more time onboard. :cool1:

Still trying to decide on excursions. At Nassau, we're still considering going to Jaws beach, but it's either rent a taxi or do the onboard 4 hr car/limo rental thing. Guessing that if we ran into problems and booked through the onboard part, the ship would wait. Not so much if we ran into issues with the self paid taxi. Might have to call DCL and see if that is the case. I'd like to do the Chocolatier making at Greycliff, but can't do it all at the same time!

Hi, I'm brand new to the group and to Disney Cruising.
I am travelling with my best friend on the Dec 7th out of Galveston.
The FE exchange looks really fun and different. I would love to be involved. I requested to join the FB page.
Thanks to all in advance for any suggestions and help along the way.

Oh BTW - Was wondering if DCL has a soda package or how that works. I usually cruise CCL and they have a soda package that is for unlimited throughout the cruise. Thanks! Sueane M. from Porter, TX

The FE exchange looks really fun and different. I would love to be involved. I requested to join the FB page.

Oh BTW - Was wondering if DCL has a soda package or how that works. I usually cruise CCL and they have a soda package that is for unlimited throughout the cruise. Thanks! Sueane M. from Porter, TX

Great news on DCL. There is a soft drink machine on the pool deck area that is free and open 24/7. They also have coffee, tea, milk and hot water there, free!

disneydiva2004 said:

Welcome aboard I handle the FE list. When your on the FB page look for the roll call sheet and fill out your info and ill add you to the Minnie Group.

Welcome aboard! Approved the request for FB. You can feel free to ignore the message in your FB mail "other" folder now. :rotfl:

As Pigletsmomma said, DCL has free soft drinks at the drink station. If you order from the bar or from a server, they tend to charge for those. Free at dinner as well, if I remember correctly. I recall having Coke for dinner and not having to pay extra for it. Granted, may not be recalling properly, but so be it.

One good way to get up to speed on DCL cruising is to check out the FAQs link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966
We've only sailed DCL twice and no other lines, so I can't offer a comparison since I don't really know what is different. Other than DCL doesn't have a gambling floor on it, but they do have BINGO! :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard! Approved the request for FB. You can feel free to ignore the message in your FB mail "other" folder now. :rotfl:

As Pigletsmomma said, DCL has free soft drinks at the drink station. If you order from the bar or from a server, they tend to charge for those. Free at dinner as well, if I remember correctly. I recall having Coke for dinner and not having to pay extra for it. Granted, may not be recalling properly, but so be it.

One good way to get up to speed on DCL cruising is to check out the FAQs link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966
We've only sailed DCL twice and no other lines, so I can't offer a comparison since I don't really know what is different. Other than DCL doesn't have a gambling floor on it, but they do have BINGO! :thumbsup2

Soft drinks at dinner are free. But all bars do charge for softdrinks if they get them for you. Bingo does have some good prizes and $$$$$$

The Minnie FE cut off is October 26, 2013. If you want to sign up contact me on the facebook page. We have 6 cabins signed up. Thanks!!!

We just booked this cruise, our first Disney Cruise! :cool1: I am SOOOO excited and I know the kids will be thrilled (somewhat of a surprise). It is myself (Shannon), DH (Julian), DD (6) and DS (4). We have been on 10 other cruises (Carnival, RCI, NCL and Princess) and have been wanting to do Disney but usually out of our price range. We are near Houston, so the price and quick drive made it unbeatable!

If anyone has any tips, suggestions, etc., for me so that we don't miss anything important, i'd appreciate the info. I have been reading these boards like crazy for the past week and have read about autographs, tea parties, etc., but I wouldn't want to miss anything that my kids should absolutely see.

Look forward to getting to know y'all!

We just booked this cruise, our first Disney Cruise! :cool1: I am SOOOO excited and I know the kids will be thrilled (somewhat of a surprise). It is myself (Shannon), DH (Julian), DD (6) and DS (4). We have been on 10 other cruises (Carnival, RCI, NCL and Princess) and have been wanting to do Disney but usually out of our price range. We are near Houston, so the price and quick drive made it unbeatable!

If anyone has any tips, suggestions, etc., for me so that we don't miss anything important, i'd appreciate the info. I have been reading these boards like crazy for the past week and have read about autographs, tea parties, etc., but I wouldn't want to miss anything that my kids should absolutely see.

Look forward to getting to know y'all!

Don't miss out on the FE gift exchange!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter