• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 4,2004 !!!

Hey all....Florida resident rates have come out for our cruise...so we added my mother in law to our reservation....we qualify for the rate so it cost only $254.00 to add her. Better yet, we jumped two categories....GTY category 10.....so since we had booked a 12 this is just like an upgrade.....less than 6 short weeks fellow cruisers....
Tom

P.S. We now have new windows and siding on the house....but they cannot work on the inside(it is completely gutted to the studs right now)until the permits get issued--hopefully this week...so things are getting a little better on our end...
:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :earsboy: :bounce: :bounce: :wave:

That is wonderful news, Tom!!! :) Hopefully the permits will come thru soon so that you will come back from the cruise to alot of progress on the repairs & rebuilding!!!

Ya know? the missing hair, the scars, the excess tonnage do not mean a thing. Internet friends make friends without even seeing each other - when they finally DO see each other, it's through the eyes of friendship not critic! I've been through this before, and I tell you - everyone of those folks was the beautiful person I knew them to be when seen through they eyes of the heart.

I, for one, would love to get together - if only to share the gratitude that WE MADE IT!

The last Disney cruise I took with Sheila had a big group of DIS people on board, and we had a blast at a wine tasting event one of the guys organized. I'm sure we'd both be up for any meets - especially since the only priority either of us has for this cruise is to relax. We're not interested in going ashore, doing the shows, etc....so that makes scheduling meeting fellow Disney people pretty easy to do ;-)

I'm hoping I won't be watching the marathon from the sidelines, but we'll see. I'm at WDW right now, and even though I've walked much less than normal I ended up with the knee swelling up after a few days. I used a wheelchair one day, and did lots of limping other days....I should be fine for the cruise, but I'm not sure how much training time I'll lose (going on 2 weeks now).

Hello all....got a stateroom assignment....number 2600 on deck 2....first time we are lower than deck 5.....anyone been on deck 2 or in that stateroom?
Counting down the days....whose with me?
Tom

LindaBabe....thank you so much for that post.

This has been another one of those weeks.....so I needed to read a post like that....

That's why I said......scar or no scar.....

LOOK OUT PEOPLE HERE I COME..........

30 something days......

One of my guys and his family are on The Magic Saturday, with a list of CM's to find, he's called me everyday rubbing it in.....told him I hated him...lol And to be sure and wave when they went past Two Palms. But that's ok....I can do the same to him in a few
weeks.....

Lets plan a meet somewhere......even if only for a quick drink.....

And I'm still looking for late seating dinner companions....me, dh and the Pre Teenage Drama Queen...

Gotta run
Phyllis

Hello all...5 weeks to go....lets get excited.....we all have to start posting more and get everyone ready to party....anyone seen there documents yet?
Lets keep each other informed.....
Question....we are scheduled for late seating at dinner...n ow that we are bringing my mother in law she really wants to eat earlier...we are on the wait list now....do you think we will have much luck changing....kind of liked late since you never felt rushed to get out of the dining room......
Have a great weekend all....
Tom

Sue Ellen just emailed me, she got the offical word we are going to grand cayman.
Not much going on here, my most major crisis is I broke my nail last night (really deep) hopefully it will heal enough to get repaired in the next five weeks, Of course that is what I get for playing ninja . (we had friends over for dinner last night- it was nice to socialize helped with the down in the dumps I have been suffering with)
I do have to get report cards done before I go other than that life is on an even keel for us this week.

Well we are definantly getting in the spirit here but the school carnival, classroom party, and upcoming spaghetti dinner at the PS have taken a ton of my time. I found the latest navigators that I could & printed them out last night. This morning I sat down with each of the kids and told them about the activities in their sections of the club. DS of course wants to do everything! LOL! DD was more selective but she might want to do more once she gets in there & meets up with Sophie again! :) We can hope, right John? :) I wanted to figure out which day we would have a better chance of going to brunch with an activity DD wants to do. I didn't do this last time but knowing what life onboard is like, I think that it will help us out...even if some of the events are changed around a bit.

The corner of the bedroom is starting to collect a few things here & there that we will be taking with us. :) I have gotten all the pictures that I wanted together to start the scrapbook for last year's trip! LOL!

Now I have to go clean some more. We are having a couple of days in the 80s after a cold & damp two weeks so I want to take advantage of the warmer garage to get my winter clothes out. The kids are already set. I guess that I will go ahead and pack up my clothes for the cruise after that. :) We are leaving for WDW on 11/30 after picking up the kids at school at noon!!!

I'm so excited!

Ann, glad your new crisis is relatively small - sounds like you're feeling better.

WDW1972, how's the knee?

Nat&Magsmom - is this week going better for you?

Tom - hope you get the "other" kind of docs soon so progress can be made while you are sailing!

lbgraves - remember t he santa hat!

:bounce: Are you ready to Cruise? :Pinkbounc

HEY! HEY! HEY! It's getting close!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I was fooling around with the website last night & think that I have fixed it up again. The link is http://pages.ivillage.com/blueeyes4me/. For those who had the old link, the password is the same. For those who don't, email me at mandlgraves@earthlink.net with a picture of those crusing, your names with kid's ages, stateroom number, special occassion being celebrated on the cruise, city & state where you live, and which number cruise this is for you. Oh, and which dinner seating you have.

Those who sent this info last time, please send it again when you have a chance since all of it was deleted when the hard drive crashed.

Thanks!

Hello to all. Hope you don't mind someone new joining in. Have been lurking since 6/03 when we booked the 12/04 cruise, and have gotten so much great info. Read the post yesterday from TCHRIST05 about Florida resident rates and promptly called DCL. Was able to upgrade from a category 6 to a category 4 and still get a little money back! First Disney cruise. Cruising with my daughter and 2 grandchildren, and we are really getting excited about this cruise.

Originally posted by LindaBabe
I'm so excited!

WDW1972, how's the knee?

:bounce: Are you ready to Cruise? :Pinkbounc

Thanks for asking - it's better, but still somewhat swollen. I'm not able to resume training yet, and don't know when (or if) I'll be able to. If I don't do the marathon, that's ok - letting the knee heal is more important!

Ready to cruise.....I'm ALWAYS ready to cruise, lol! Just over a month to go - I think it'll be here before we know it!

Wow....from a category 6 to a 4 and money back....that is great - I am glad my post helped ya....we are in a category 9 and on deck 2....still a little leary about sailing down there...we have never been lower than deck 5.....and it is good to k now the documents are on the way....just seems like when you get them it feels like you are really close.....talk to you all soon....let sget excited.....

Tom

Originally posted by TChrist05
we are in a category 9 and on deck 2....still a little leary about sailing down there...we have never been lower than deck 5.....and it is good to k now the documents are on the way....just seems like when you get them it feels like you are really close.....talk to you all soon....let sget excited.....

Tom

Tom - Most of my disney cruises have been on deck 2 - I actually like it quite a bit! I like being closer to the water, and the porthole windows are huge. The only reason I'd be on a higher deck would be if I decided I had to have a verandah, but honestly on Disney I tend to stick with category 9. When I cruise on HAL I book a verandah - they're bigger than the tiny balconies on Disney so it's easier for me to justify the extra expense I guess.

I don't remember what cabin we're in, but it's on deck 2. Hopefully the documents will be here soon! Mine come from dvc so there's usually a slight delay.

I just wanted to see the counter below 30 days! I haven't gotten docs yet, :( , but then again, neither have my parents or my friend who's family is going with us. I'm fighting frustration at work - the biggest proposal of my career is due on Dec 14th - we're working on it now so it will far enough along that I won't feel like a total heel when we leave on the 3rd. We've been waiting for it for months, and the Government finally releases it just in time to interfere with my vacation! :confused: Figures. Anyhow, I'm sure I'll get over it after about 15 minutes on board!

I like the idea of going over the Navigators with DD to talk about the activities. I remember some of the ones from when she was three, but now that she's five she says those things are fine but she's ready for some other things, too!

Almost there! I'm mailing out my itineraries & dining plans to everyone in my family who's meeting us after the cruise to surprise my parents for their 50th anniversary - hard to believe it's time!

Hey guys...we are now under 30 days to cruise...let's get excited......they may actually start working on my house sometime next week so I have something else to look forward to.....anyone get there docs yet????

Tom

No docs here but UPS has been driving by our house every day. :( The spaghetti dinner was last night so now I have nothing to work on before the cruise...except putting up the tree & stuff like that & pack. LOL!

Hello all...we now have our little Christmas tree set up already in the hotel room.....we will not be back home for the holidays so my MIL who is sailing with us made us a tree with new stockings for the three of us.....4 weeks to go....lets get ready....

Tom:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :earsboy: :bounce: :wave:

Phyllis emailed me to let me know that she has somehow been blocked from the DIS boards. She is able to view posts but cannot access her account to post at all. She has emailed the admins several times but hasn't not received a response that has helped her yet. I told her to email me with anything that she would like posted on this thread & I will copy it for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter