December 26, 2006, on the MAGIC!!!!

The $64,000.00 Question!

Do you think they will let us know what is to be expected as far as whether there will be a Pirate Night?, Formal Night?, etc., etc., etc............

I was planning on starting to pack this weekend, but have no clue as to what to pack! :confused3

j

I am sure there will be a pirate night. It is too popular. I would imagine it will be similar to the Wonder 4 night cruises. There was no formal night on our 4 day years ago. It almost sounds like you can do the whole 3 or 4 day now with resort casual unless you go to Palo. Thats how we are going to pack for it. That and our pirate outfits.

pirate:

This is my first cruise :yay: . Some of you old times can answer these questions:

My son is diabetic, can I bring snacks on the cruise?
Is there a charge for sodas, water, snacks during the day?
How does the tipping work?
Has anyone ever done the Atlantis Beach Day excersion?
What do you recommend my family does at each port of call:
19 yo male
15 yo female
15yo male
12 yo female

Anything special you suggest we bring to make our trip more pleasurable?
Any advise you can give would be appreciated.

I am always crazy about the handwashing and love the wipes being given out, but recent reports of sickness have me nervous. The thought of spending any part of your trip that ill is terrible. I have to think they will step everything up if there was an outbreak, but all you need is one person not being careful to infect others--oh well--I hope we are spared--we've been lucky every other cruise.
we asked who the entertainers would be, but they claimed they did not have that info--from trip reports sounds like we will have the band that is not so good--oh well.

What is everyone doing in Nassau?

disneycrusin said:
This is my first cruise :yay: . Some of you old times can answer these questions:

My son is diabetic, can I bring snacks on the cruise?

Yes, you can bring his snacks.
Is there a charge for sodas, water, snacks during the day?

There is no charge if you take them from the drink station on deck 9. There is a charge from room service for these itemsThey will charge you for soda at dinnerIf in doubt, ask

How does the tipping work?
They give you a minimun recommendation, but if your service was outstanding, more!
Has anyone ever done the Atlantis Beach Day excersion?

No
What do you recommend my family does at each port of call:
19 yo male
15 yo female
15yo male
12 yo female

Nassau - my DD14 will probably stay on board
CC - I give her permission to go by herself and she hangs with friends at the gaming area

Anything special you suggest we bring to make our trip more pleasurable?

Less Clothes, more money!LOL
Any advise you can give would be appreciated
Have Fun! Can't do it all!

Hope some of these answers help!

j

I did not realize there was a charge for soda at dinner--did I miss this on previous cruises?

I heard Cable Beach is nice in Nassau, but I doubt I'll let my son and his friend go alone--since they are away at college I might be given a hard time by them, but I bet my husband will just go with them. I'm sure they will want to go to a beach.

Hi everyone. I want to thank you for helping me to get excited for our first cruise ever!! I've never posted, but have been reading your posts for a while.

I booked this cruise in April 2005. It's a surprise for our DD ages 9 and 7. On Christmas morning, I'm having them put together a puzzle with a picture of the ship and a "Merry Christmas, You're going on your first Disney Cruise!" Our flight leaves at 10:00 am, so we'll have them get right into the car and have them watch the cruise DVD for the 40 minute trip to the airport! I'm so excited, I can't stand it! Now if I can just get packed, christmas shopping cards, etc.....

Oh and Beth, I'm a fellow Pittsburgher! Thanks again!
Karen

Scratch42 said:
The $64,000.00 Question!

Do you think they will let us know what is to be expected as far as whether there will be a Pirate Night?, Formal Night?, etc., etc., etc............

I was planning on starting to pack this weekend, but have no clue as to what to pack! :confused3

j

Hi Janet,

Hazel and I did the four night Magic cruise two years ago. We did have Pirate Night and we also had a Formal Night, which caught us off guard as we didn't bring any formal clothes with us. I just came across this thread and thought I would let you know to be prepared for any little surprises!!!

Special 4 night Magic cruise Pirate Night January 2005 http://family.webshots.com/photo/1247865162026317863ZGJFBq

Andy

Karen--sounds like you will be rushed on Chritmas morning!! Our flight doesn't leave til around 1, but my husband likes to have you there VERY early. I've never flown on Christmas day before, so I have no idea if it is busy or not.

I have NO shopping done yet either.

We do not plan to bring the type of clothing we usually do for formal night-I promised them no suits, and that cuts out a garment bag. I wish they would tell us what to expect though. I'd love to see Hercules again, but I'm sure it will be twice Charmed.

Verandah Man said:
Hi Janet,

Hazel and I did the four night Magic cruise two years ago. We did have Pirate Night and we also had a Formal Night, which caught us off guard as we didn't bring any formal clothes with us. I just came across this thread and thought I would let you know to be prepared for any little surprises!!!

Special 4 night Magic cruise Pirate Night January 2005 http://family.webshots.com/photo/1247865162026317863ZGJFBq

Andy

Thanks Andy!

I'll pack something just in case!

j

BethA said:
I did not realize there was a charge for soda at dinner--did I miss this on previous cruises?

I heard Cable Beach is nice in Nassau, but I doubt I'll let my son and his friend go alone--since they are away at college I might be given a hard time by them, but I bet my husband will just go with them. I'm sure they will want to go to a beach.

Ok, mental block, maybe not at dinner but everywhere else!LOL

As for Nassau, I will probably head over to Atlantis for a couple of hours. I cancelled my Cabana Massage in leu of a bit of gambling!

Then will head back to the straw market and see if I can find another cute purse!

And I cannot forget to get my Rum Cakes!

I love to window shop in the jewelry shops!

j

teach65 said:
Hi everyone. I want to thank you for helping me to get excited for our first cruise ever!! I've never posted, but have been reading your posts for a while.

I booked this cruise in April 2005. It's a surprise for our DD ages 9 and 7. On Christmas morning, I'm having them put together a puzzle with a picture of the ship and a "Merry Christmas, You're going on your first Disney Cruise!" Our flight leaves at 10:00 am, so we'll have them get right into the car and have them watch the cruise DVD for the 40 minute trip to the airport! I'm so excited, I can't stand it! Now if I can just get packed, christmas shopping cards, etc.....

Oh and Beth, I'm a fellow Pittsburgher! Thanks again!
Karen

That's so Awesome! Make sure you take pics to show us!

j

Hi everybody,
I haven't posted for a while but now that I am done making my pre-cruise Disney reservations and got my Christmas shopping done, I am ready to get myself in pre-cruise mode. Kinda of like the astronauts in intensive pre-flight mode!

I will print out all the posts so that I can catch up on what's been happening here but is there a DIS meet planned on the first afternoon?

See you all soon :banana:
Sharon

You gotta check the DCL Happy Holidays Insert!

They have a Snowman Fun Kit! You can make your own Sandman at CC!

It's so cute!

j

I was at Dollar Tree today and bought a REALLY ugly, lime green, furry hat to wear for the DIS meet at the Goofy pool the first day. I can't guarantee that I will be wearing it, but it will be on the table at least. I also found some ugly, lime green, beaded garland to put on my door. I love Dollar Tree almost as much as I love Disney! :thumbsup2

See you soon!

--Hillary

Hello Everyone:

We have our cruise docs and are packing up to leave in the morning. We have one week at the Polynesian, then the 10-day holiday cruise followed by the 4-day cruise. We will see you all soon.

Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter