• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 22, 2013 - Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

i packed for 3 people for 4 day cruise and DW 5+ universal studios, too....16 days total....a logistical nightmare clothing wise... and I boxed the second half of the cloths and send them to our hotel, took the dirty cloths from the first half of the vacation and UPSed them home....worked perfectly

D(single)D here...california.... doing the cruse with my 2 DD+DS and really want to do Remy for dinner...but hate eating alone and my one daughter thats old enough not a foodie type....still good reservations when I last checked...just bring some fun and conversation and I'll pick up the reservation.....What do you think:)

Well first off....littlefeet....:welcome: The Mickey Bars are to the left and the line to the AquaDuck starts here.

I'll get you added to the first page Roll Call and be sure to stop by the DisMeet & Mingle on Embarkation day at 2:45ish at the Vista Cafe on deck 4.

Best of luck with your Remy offer, that sounds like a good deal!:thumbsup2

Well first off....littlefeet....:welcome: The Mickey Bars are to the left and the line to the AquaDuck starts here.

I'll get you added to the first page Roll Call and be sure to stop by the DisMeet & Mingle on Embarkation day at 2:45ish at the Vista Cafe on deck 4.

Best of luck with your Remy offer, that sounds like a good deal!:thumbsup2

thanks for the welcome....2nd cruise, doing it a bit more laid back this ttime

Hi All-

Relatively new to the boards and came across this post. Have been looking forward to this cruise for the last 15 months... can't believe it's just a week and a half away.

Anyhow, my DW, DS8 and I are all looking forward to sailing with you all.

See ya soon

~bwr

New question (as we continue to pack):

Is it worth bringing a Tervis (cold drink tumbler) on board?

It certainly occupies space (will stuff w/ socks or other) and we have 5 in the family...

Hi All-

Relatively new to the boards and came across this post. Have been looking forward to this cruise for the last 15 months... can't believe it's just a week and a half away.

Anyhow, my DW, DS8 and I are all looking forward to sailing with you all.

See ya soon

~bwr

:welcome: It certainly has been a long wait. Glad to have you aboard, the Mickey Bars are to the left and the line to the AquaDuck starts here.

It certainly occupies space (will stuff w/ socks or other) and we have 5 in the family...

Good question, if you drink a lot of soda or you like your ice tea they can come in handy and it means less trips to the drink stations on deck 11.

I am going to bring them for my husband and myself only (not the kids -- they can use the drink station cups). I like them to hold a beer (from our fridge :rolleyes1) or to make a cocktail in.

It is -20 windchill today and worse tonight. Warm sunshine is on the horizon, Can't wait for the cruise. One weekend and one work week to go. Flying to Orlando on the 21st. Have the FE gifts and a few little things for the grandson all packed. The clothes list is in my mind. Keeping it really casual this time. Figure I don't need any really dressy clothes. Just classy casual. I will have to check the WDW weather for after the cruise. Always can use a sweatshirt for the cool mornings and evenings. Layers is the key.
See you all real soon!:santa:

Hey There Groovertoo!
2 favors: 1-Can you please remove our family from the roll call? and 2-We have a Buzz Lightyear costume, size 7, that we will not be using. Brand new. I would like to give it to a family that can use it. I didn't know the best way to get the word out. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Hey There Groovertoo!
2 favors: 1-Can you please remove our family from the roll call? and 2-We have a Buzz Lightyear costume, size 7, that we will not be using. Brand new. I would like to give it to a family that can use it. I didn't know the best way to get the word out. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Well do! So you won't be cruising with us?

we are still coming. we just won't be participating in the fish extenders, etc.
i would like to drop off the buzz costume if someone can use it, though!

:cool1::cool1:omg i am so excited now...I knw its still early n my fam n I still have a week to go but who cares Im just ready to go:banana::banana::wizard:

CREW – some quick housekeeping…

Weather – Looks to be outstanding for our cruise: Highs around 83 for Orlando over the coming weekend with a high of 78 for Sunday at the Port. For Nassau on Monday we should be looking at temps in the low 80’s and Castaway Cay looks to be in the high 70’s, we should have a nice day at sea as well and upon our return to the Port, look for temps in the high 60’s.

Donald Elves – lj04, cabin #10660 will not be participating in the FE

Embarkation Day - Please be sure to stop by on the Cove Café around 2:45ish and pick up a wrist band. I’ll be there from 2:30 to 3:30. I’ll also have FE lists and maps for those participating in the FE exchange

we also told DN that santa will make a stop at the boat...she was very concerned
Don't forget.... The Dream has one of the biggest "chimneys" in all of the Bahamas, so Big Red will no problem for delivery to all the good little ones

The complete list of Dream Must Do's:

1. Ride the Aqua Duck
2. Ride the Aqua Duck at night
3. Order room service as much as possible. Order the wings, cookies, and especially mickey bars. The cheese plate isn’t bad either, but bring extra crackers.
4. Bring your own insulated drink cup with a straw. Fill it up often at the drink station on deck 11.
5. If you need coffee the first thing in the morning, order it at night before you go to bed, they will bring it in a carafe and it will still be warm when you get up. Or just order it for first breakfast each morning in your room.
6. Bring extra one dollar bills to tip the room service attendants.
7. Bring a 3 plug or more extension cord. (The rooms only have 2 outlets)
8. Bring a plain pillowcase from home in a gallon zippy bag and give that and some fabric markers to guest services when you board. They will have the characters sign it and return it to your room on the last night. Be sure to leave some “thank you” candies in the bag too.
9. Visit the Vista Café (deck 5, Atrium) and sample the free pastries as often as possible.
10. Get up early and just take in the ship in all its splendor, walk around and take pictures without all the people around.
11. Never get off the boat, NEVER! In Nassau anyway. (Well, you can especially if you have a cool excursion planed, but enjoy the ship, there is so much to do on board, it’s worth it and less crowded).
12. Sit outside at Cabanas in the back, if you cannot get a seat outside, at least get a seat near the window.
13. At Cabanas for breakfast, go to the CM near the waffle maker and ask who is taking orders for omelets, they will then take your order and tell you to come back in 5 minutes and they will custom make an omelet for you.
14. The first day you are introduced to your room steward, ask for ice. The good ones will keep the ice bucket full for you the entire stay.
15. Take a matte for a frame to guest services and they will have it signed by the characters as well.
16. Join the cruise meets thread for your cruise on Disboards.
17. Participate in the Fish Exchange/Extender. Who’ll be glad you did. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm
18. Get/make magnets for your cabin door. It reflects who you are and it helps in finding your cabin door too.
19. Tip well….http://disneycruiselineblog.com/tip-calculator/
20. If taking Magical Express to the port from MCO, get to the ME desk at MCO by 9:00AM and be ready to get on the bus by 9:30AM and away you go.
21. Take in all that you can in the port terminal. It truly is a beautiful terminal.
22. Check the kids into the Kids Club at the Port Terminal. (beware the line can be long)
23. The Kids Clubs open up at noon on the first day and be sure to get there when it opens to tour the clubs.
24. Play Goofy Golf
25. Eat at either Palo or Reme or both?
26. See all the shows, at least once…sit in the balcony, Deck 4.
27. Catch a movie at sea…sit in the balcony, Deck 5.
28. Order two apps at dinner if more than one catch’s your eye.
29. Order two main course dishes if more than one catch’s your eye.
30. Order the beef products. (usually the best items on the menu).
31. Try the Sea Bass
32. Try the Escargot
33. If something doesn’t catch your eye on the menu and you really liked what you had the night before…order that. It all comes from the same galley anyway.
34. Order a Mickey Bar for dessert.
35. Get to know the Head Waiter for your dining area. He can hook you up with little ditty’s that nobody else gets.
36. Castaway Cay – Go to the far side of the Family Beach, it is less crowded.
37. Embarkation – Do your Palo/Spa reservations, then swim, then eat. It’s the slowest the pool will be all cruise (except while at port).
38. Embarkation – Don’t miss the sail-away celebration!
39. Entertainment – Call 888-325-2500, choose reservations, and find out what movies are showing during your cruise before you set sail.
40. Entertainment – Check the info board by guest services for the character schedule or call the hotline.
41. Entertainment – See all the shows and don’t leave early.
42. Allow kids to participate in kids program at the end of the cruise – they usually get free t-shirts or pillowcases.
43. Play the Midship Detective Agency Game.
44. Get a day pass for the Rainforest Room in the Spa ($16 per day)
45. Send a postcard to yourself from Castaway Cay
46. Check out all the interactive art in the stairwells and in various common areas.
47. DO NOT WAIT till the last morning to get pictures from Shutters.
48. Swim at night.
49. Instead of carrying the Daily Navigator around, take a picture of it with your smart phone and carry it around. (make sure you are on Airplane mode/aka Cruising mode) sidenote: Use the new Navigator app
50. Run the Castaway Cay 5K
51. Grab a coffee at Cove Café. Be sure to get a “coffee card” when you order your coffee. This is a punch card — and when you buy 5 coffees, you get one free. The cards never expire and can be saved for a future cruise.
52. Snorkel on Castaway Cay.
53. Enjoy your veranda (if your cabin has one)
54. Book your next cruise early during your cruise. (10% discount & 10% off deposit) Deck 4 Midship
55. Take the stairs as much as possible.
56. Ride the mid-ship elevators with the glass overlooking the atrium once from bottom to top (trust me).
57. Do the Stingray Adventure on Castaway Cay.
58. Take a nap.
59. Dress up for Pirate Night.
60. Don’t miss the Pirate Night Buffet (it doesn’t last long, but has turkey legs, a baked potato bar, taco bar, and a crepe bar)
61. Eat at Cabanas first thing on disembarkation morning and plan to get off the ship early.
62. Don’t try to do it all.
63. Don't sweat the small stuff.
64. Sit back… relax.

Remember, you are blessed to be taking a cruise with your loved ones.....some people are not that lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter