• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 22, 2013 - Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

Any advice from our 'seasoned' cruisers on this one?

I am beginning to have the same angst about our families need for a steamer trunk (or two)...

Packing for the days at WDW prior to the cruise seems to be complicating/adding more STUFF that maybe isn't needed. Is it worth attempting to do laundry just to save space?

I know other threads indicate you pack first, then have your spouse remove half of your clothes (or something like that) because everyone tends to over-pack for the "just in case" mode. I know my DW refuses my 'assistance' with her packing -- not sure I want her help with mine, either! Either way, I feel I need to lay out the clothes & start to pack NOW!!!
:scared:(does the calendar actually now say DECEMBER?!!?):scared:

SLC, when do you arrive at WDW? We're hitting the World for several days before the cruise, and I definitely think we'll need to do some laundry!!! My boys have gotten dirtier as they've gotten older, and I swear some times my 10-year old goes through 3 sets of clothes in a day!!! :faint: Fortunately, after 3 nights at AOA, we're going off-site to Vistana for 2 nights, and we will have a washer/dryer. But even with that, the packing seems overwhelming!!! And then when you add in the fact that it's December, so you have to pack for all sorts of weather variables, and I just want to cringe. But I can't be too upset, afterall, I'm going to WDW and then on a Christmas Cruise!!! party:

And you're right, it *IS* December, definitely the reality is setting in that I have to pack soon. :santa:

Roll Roll Roll your clothes indeed. I have one suit case each for my son and I for the cruise and WDW after, a total of 9 days and I have extra just in case clothes. Also think about anything you might buy. Example if you knw u r going to buy a shirt for everyone in bahamas pack one less shirt and ect.

SLC, when do you arrive at WDW?

We are in for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party & another full day of hopping Studios & Epcot before we sail!

GrooverToo: never mind the "teens" -- we are at two weeks before leaving the snow & head down to FL!!❄️

We are in for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party & another full day of hopping Studios & Epcot before we sail!

GrooverToo: never mind the "teens" -- we are at two weeks before leaving the snow & head down to FL!!❄️

I know right!!!!:eek:

Great weather here today, high of 4, yes 4 right now...come on warm weather and beach!!!!

High of 4 oh no I never make it...:beach: the sun is where I need to be

Grooovertoo I may be wrong but Imma ask any way...a while back someone asked about the movies playing on the cruise and I think it was you that said you try to find out...if that is correct have you by chance found out what movies are and if its not correct sorry for my mistake.

I am happy to say all FE gifts are done and packed...however I am now finding I of all pple am having bag and packing issues...lol I always do...trying to get a larger bag so hopefully this wkend I can be all packed bc DSis has beat me this year...she has put me to shame, even rolled her stuff and packed her own bags...needless to say her and I both are ready to escape...if only we could find a moment on the boat away from our family and share a drink in quietness...lol that will never happen:thumbsup2 but its okay bc we cruising

Grooovertoo I may be wrong but Imma ask any way...a while back someone asked about the movies playing on the cruise and I think it was you that said you try to find out...if that is correct have you by chance found out what movies are and if its not correct sorry for my mistake.

Gina - I did say that and the rotation during our cruise will be...

Finding NEMO 3D

Monsters University

The Lone Ranger

Planes

Thor: The Dark World

Frozen

and

Saving Mr. Banks

I am happy to say all FE gifts are done and packed...however I am now finding I of all pple am having bag and packing issues...lol I always do...trying to get a larger bag so hopefully this wkend I can be all packed bc DSis has beat me this year...she has put me to shame, even rolled her stuff and packed her own bags...needless to say her and I both are ready to escape...if only we could find a moment on the boat away from our family and share a drink in quietness...lol that will never happen:thumbsup2 but its okay bc we cruising

YES we are soooooooo ready to go. At least between 2 trips to Nashville for work and 3 cheer competitons over the next two weeks/weekends I will be busy. But come the 20th I know I will already mentally be in Fl! :cool1:pirate:

Getting excited! We are iced in here in Texas. Today, I organized my FE's by room and started planning my packing. Yes, I have not really done anything but buy stuff for this trip. I am trying to wrap my head around the kinds of clothes I should pack. I am a notorious overpacker, but I have been trying be better. I am afraid that in trying to be prepared that I will bringing toooo much. I will not be able to help much with luggage as I am recovering from foot surgery and will be slowed down. But, I had fun getting the kids stuff together today.

I am ready for sunshine!

I'm so impressed by how organized a lot of you are! I haven't done hardly anything yet. I did get some shopping done today but I'm only half way done with my FE's and I'm not even sure where my suitcase is lol. I've been sick and now my DD is sick, ugh. All I want for Christmas is a healthy family! :)

I think tomorrow will be my list making day. I too am a notorious over packer, I'm always afraid I'm going to forget something so I tend to pack everything. We are flying so I need to be very careful!

I am just in shock at how close we are to this cruise! We started looking into this in January and it seemed like a lifetime away back then! We leave in 13 days!! :cool1:

I can answer this one. We did it two years ago but I have been keeping up with the changes.
It is run in the morning and you can totally walk it.
When we did it during spring break it was surprisingly hot and rather casual. Now I read they have bibs and u can purchase a t-shirt as well.

OMG... our vacation begins NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!! Is everyone ready??

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I have most of our dress clothes together, have a packing list made for myself, shipped a box to my friend in Orlando who we'll see before we sail... need to get through a week + 1 day of work and will finish up packing, pedicure, haircut, take dogs to kennel... and kids will open gifts (except their stockings which were in the box shipped to friend) one evening before we leave.

After 500+ days, I can't believe the cruise is finally almost here!

Yay I am so excited, was having bag issues and fixed that today...got another bag and was able to fit everything into it so instead of my problem 5 bags I am at the required 4...yay:cool1::cool1::cool1:

The days seem to be taking forever!:hourglass

I cant wait...2 more work wks n one wkend n then we are gone :cheer2::coffee::beach::cool1:

Any advice from our 'seasoned' cruisers on this one?

I am beginning to have the same angst about our families need for a steamer trunk (or two)...

Packing for the days at WDW prior to the cruise seems to be complicating/adding more STUFF that maybe isn't needed. Is it worth attempting to do laundry just to save space?

I know other threads indicate you pack first, then have your spouse remove half of your clothes (or something like that) because everyone tends to over-pack for the "just in case" mode. I know my DW refuses my 'assistance' with her packing -- not sure I want her help with mine, either! Either way, I feel I need to lay out the clothes & start to pack NOW!!!
:scared:(does the calendar actually now say DECEMBER?!!?):scared:

i packed for 3 people for 4 day cruise and DW 5+ universal studios, too....16 days total....a logistical nightmare clothing wise... and I boxed the second half of the cloths and send them to our hotel, took the dirty cloths from the first half of the vacation and UPSed them home....worked perfectly

D(single)D here...california.... doing the cruse with my 2 DD+DS and really want to do Remy for dinner...but hate eating alone and my one daughter thats old enough not a foodie type....still good reservations when I last checked...just bring some fun and conversation and I'll pick up the reservation.....What do you think:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter