• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 22, 2013 - Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

Sounds good, thanks Bluesky.

I know what you mean; just getting the FE made as well as the gifts all sorted is a huge relief. Now to figure how to get all the stuff that is on the floor in my closet neatly and safely into a suitcase is the next challenge! :crazy2: pixiedust:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but is the FE giving literally like a Secret Santa, or do we put something on the gifts to let the receiver know who left the gifts? Or is that just left to everyone's discretion?

Good question. I'm sure it's up to you what you want to do but I was planning on putting our names on our gifts. That way everyone will know that we participated. ;)

That is correct, it is totally up to ones discretion. I do agree with bluesky though too;)

I can't believe how close we are either! I have so much to do to get ready, I better start planning and organizing soon!

This weeks goal...is to finish the door designs/magnets...yea right!!!!:crazy2:

Can someone share ideas of the little gifts people leave?

Hello "SSDMom"! In order to get the gifts to the right spot, those of us in the Donald FE Group would LOVE to know your cabin number!

As for ideas, there are always plenty of forums on DisBoards with "best FE gift" or "simple FE gift ideas"...

But my 0.02 worth (and I may be giving away some of my own secrets):

- "Handy-pack" of rubber bands, band-aids, mini sunscreen, wet-wipes, hand sanitizer, stain remover, safety pins etc. enclosed in a ziplock bag
- something unique from your region of the world/states (decorated pine cone, seashell, etc.)
- luggage tags (customized as appropriate)
- photo frame, unique for the cruise/occasion
Since this is a Christmas cruise, consider also:
-- simple ornament with a message written using a paint pen;
-- a small stocking with "Dream 1023" written in glitter
-- gingerbread magnet/ornament

Keep it simple if you haven't started yet -- I know I am grateful we have split the groups!

Enjoy the gift ideas, make it fun & let us know your cabin number!

:santa:

Hello "SSDMom"! In order to get the gifts to the right spot, those of us in the Donald FE Group would LOVE to know your cabin number!

...let us know your cabin number!

:santa:

She just provided it over on FB. They are in 7120.

I'll get everything updated with that info.

Yay! Got all the Christmas gifts packed with room to spare! Also finally got all train tickets and all excursions confirmed. :goodvibes. Can we leave yet???:confused3

Yay! Got all the Christmas gifts packed with room to spare! Also finally got all train tickets and all excursions confirmed. :goodvibes. Can we leave yet???:confused3

Me too. Very pleased.

As far as delivering the gifts, is that a scheduled thing so the FE's aren't overflowing all at once or is it left to our discretion. So many details....

Me too. Very pleased.

As far as delivering the gifts, is that a scheduled thing so the FE's aren't overflowing all at once or is it left to our discretion. So many details....

Sandi - entirely up to you. Deliver at will. With so many rules on the ship I don't think we need another;)

We just went away for a short 2-day vacation for Thanksgiving and we had a huge suitcase and three backpacks of STUFF. I can't imagine how I'm going to pack wisely for this trip with a 4-day stay at WDW before the cruise!!! :scared1: But I'm excited that it will soon be time to start packing - tomorrow is December!!!

Unbelievable!!!! So excited.

My sister just told me she'll either be on crutches or in a boot when we sail. She has to have foot surgery next week or pay about $1500 out of pocket if she waits until 2014. She already decided she doesn't care in the least. We're sailing, sore foot and all!! Yay.

We just went away for a short 2-day vacation for Thanksgiving and we had a huge suitcase and three backpacks of STUFF. I can't imagine how I'm going to pack wisely for this trip with a 4-day stay at WDW before the cruise!!! :scared1: But I'm excited that it will soon be time to start packing - tomorrow is December!!!

Any advice from our 'seasoned' cruisers on this one?

I am beginning to have the same angst about our families need for a steamer trunk (or two)...

Packing for the days at WDW prior to the cruise seems to be complicating/adding more STUFF that maybe isn't needed. Is it worth attempting to do laundry just to save space?

I know other threads indicate you pack first, then have your spouse remove half of your clothes (or something like that) because everyone tends to over-pack for the "just in case" mode. I know my DW refuses my 'assistance' with her packing -- not sure I want her help with mine, either! Either way, I feel I need to lay out the clothes & start to pack NOW!!!
:scared:(does the calendar actually now say DECEMBER?!!?):scared:

Any advice from our 'seasoned' cruisers on this one?

I am beginning to have the same angst about our families need for a steamer trunk (or two)...

Packing for the days at WDW prior to the cruise seems to be complicating/adding more STUFF that maybe isn't needed. Is it worth attempting to do laundry just to save space?

I know other threads indicate you pack first, then have your spouse remove half of your clothes (or something like that) because everyone tends to over-pack for the "just in case" mode. I know my DW refuses my 'assistance' with her packing -- not sure I want her help with mine, either! Either way, I feel I need to lay out the clothes & start to pack NOW!!!
:scared:(does the calendar actually now say DECEMBER?!!?):scared:

Not sure I can offer much help but learning from my sister we roll our clothes which allows you to get more in your suitcase. I managed to get a suitcase per person plus 1 extra for dinner clothes packed for the cruise and 4 days after in WDW. And 1 extra suitcase for gifts. We each do have two carryons though...lol.

Not sure I can offer much help but learning from my sister we roll our clothes which allows you to get more in your suitcase. I managed to get a suitcase per person plus 1 extra for dinner clothes packed for the cruise and 4 days after in WDW. And 1 extra suitcase for gifts. We each do have two carryons though...lol.

Yup, roll the clothes and we like to use the space bags that suck all the air out, makes for a ton of room, but you have to be careful your bags don't go over the weight limit if you are traveling by air before/after.

Unbelievable!!!! So excited.

My sister just told me she'll either be on crutches or in a boot when we sail. She has to have foot surgery next week or pay about $1500 out of pocket if she waits until 2014. She already decided she doesn't care in the least. We're sailing, sore foot and all!! Yay.

Tell her that I will be running around on a knee scooter on the boat and an ECV covered in lights :santa:at WDW. I had foot surgery on 10/25 and have determined that I will not be in good walking shape by Christmas. However, I am going to enjoy the sites and joy anyway. I am walking much better just not ready for long distance yet. I am happy that she decided to come on anyway.m It is rough for the first couple of week and starts to get better after that.

Tell her that I will be running around on a knee scooter on the boat and an ECV covered in lights :santa:at WDW. I had foot surgery on 10/25 and have determined that I will not be in good walking shape by Christmas. However, I am going to enjoy the sites and joy anyway. I am walking much better just not ready for long distance yet. I am happy that she decided to come on anyway.m It is rough for the first couple of week and starts to get better after that.

That's her view, too. No way is she missing this cruise. It's a mini family reunion and we're all pretty pumped. We come from a long line of bad knees so no scooter for her unfortunately. We'll watch for you scooting around the shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter