• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 22, 2013 - Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

I'm so excited. I finally (just today) got the last of my planning done for the Disney World portion of our trip. Now, time to relax - until packing, that is. Have a great weekend, everyone! :goodvibes

Grooovertoo, we are still going to be on the cruise, so please include us in the Roll Call, but it's finally sunk in that we're not going to able to do FE during this trip. DS just made All-city Band :cool1:, which has a concert the night before we leave for Florida. That day I also give my final exam, which I have to grade before we fly out the next day! The extra practicing, schedule changes, etc, means that I'll be lucky to get out of town in one piece :faint: and FE is, unfortunately, going to have to be taken off of the to-do list. :sad1: So please remove us - wanted to let you know before the Oct 20 deadline.

Still excited about the whole trip and still excited about getting the chance to meet all of you!!

Grooovertoo, we are still going to be on the cruise, so please include us in the Roll Call, but it's finally sunk in that we're not going to able to do FE during this trip. DS just made All-city Band :cool1:, which has a concert the night before we leave for Florida. That day I also give my final exam, which I have to grade before we fly out the next day! The extra practicing, schedule changes, etc, means that I'll be lucky to get out of town in one piece :faint: and FE is, unfortunately, going to have to be taken off of the to-do list. :sad1: So please remove us - wanted to let you know before the Oct 20 deadline.

Still excited about the whole trip and still excited about getting the chance to meet all of you!!

Not a problem at all, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with everything on your plate.

Just getting used to this. I entered our names and grandson's age but forgot cabin number. #7104 Nana will get onto this sooner or later. Just chalk it up to a Disney Dream!! Linda, Jim(Grandpa) Adult daughter and Logan's mom-Stephanie and Grandson Logan 7 years

Fellow Disney Cruisers- Are you as excited as we all are? Can't wait!
How do we get the cabin numbers of those we are to do fish extenders for? I'm sure someone has it figured out-just curious.
Sailed on this ship last spring and loved it so are doing it again. Just really getting used to all of these new ideas to make the sailing even more fun.
I know Logan will love meeting some other kids to hang with on the ship.
I'll keep reading all the posts to get more info.
See you all soon!!

How do we get the cabin numbers of those we are to do fish extenders for? I'm sure someone has it figured out-just curious.
See you all soon!!

Yup! just read away! GrooverToo has done a fabulous job of keeping track of the roll call & FE list -- just check the first page of this thread (it is up to date & he has provided a GoogleDoc location where you can download an Excel version, too)

Welcome, welcome & we are ALL getting excited as well. What could be better than a VERY MERRYTIME DISNEY :smickey:CHRISTMAS!!!???!!!:smickey:

Is there a way we post to the FE list or does Grovertoo do that?
I posted our info in a thread and I tried to PM Grovertoo but it wouldn't let me yet. Don't have enough posts.
The FE sounds so fun and my grandson would love it. He is special needs and loves to travel and loves surprises. This is his second cruise and fifth trip to Disney in the last 3 years. He is a big Disney fan-especially Cars and Planes and don't discount Crush.
We are spending 5 days at Art of Animation in the Cars section after the cruise.
Anyway just want to know how to get on the FE list.

GrooverToo administrates the FE lists & roll call -- so you are all but 'official' on the FE list!

You are so fired up it has gotten me going today to get some FE stuff done now!

I will save his greeting for you -- but keep in mind the MickeyBars are available through room service, too (even though they are not listed)...

I moved it to the 20th of this month in order to make sure we have all hands on deck that want to do the FE after today.

After the 20th we will shut the FE down. Does that sound good to everyone?

As of today we are at 29 total cabins.

I still need the cabin number for these 3
CurranCruisers
SSDMom
thcraun

and JodyPace and xangav, just as soon as you know your GTY room, please let me know.

I keep checking my resi on DCL but nothing yet. We booked thru Costco so not sure how they will let me know. This is our first time booking GTY and I am dying to know what our cabin is!

The arm bands sound totally cool.

And are we splitting up the FE list or going with all 29?
So excited and so much to do!

Rockford IL Linda, Jim. Stephanie, Logan (7)
:welcome: The Mickey Bars are to the left and the line to the AquaDuck starts here! We'll get you added to the Roll Call.

Just getting used to this. I entered our names and grandson's age but forgot cabin number. #7104 Nana will get onto this sooner or later. Just chalk it up to a Disney Dream!! Linda, Jim(Grandpa) Adult daughter and Logan's mom-Stephanie and Grandson Logan 7 years
PERFECT! THANKS!!

Sailed on this ship last spring and loved it so are doing it again. Just really getting used to all of these new ideas to make the sailing even more fun.
I know Logan will love meeting some other kids to hang with on the ship.
See you all soon!!
I keep page one updated and there is also a link to a google doc there as well. There will definitely be plenty of kids Logan's age to meet.

Is there a way we post to the FE list or does Grovertoo do that?
I posted our info in a thread and I tried to PM Grovertoo but it wouldn't let me yet. Don't have enough posts.
The FE sounds so fun and my grandson would love it. He is special needs and loves to travel and loves surprises. This is his second cruise and fifth trip to Disney in the last 3 years. He is a big Disney fan-especially Cars and Planes and don't discount Crush.
We are spending 5 days at Art of Animation in the Cars section after the cruise.
Anyway just want to know how to get on the FE list.
I'll keep the FE updated and get all of your info noted there. Let me take a look at your PM and I'll reply to that as well.

I keep checking my resi on DCL but nothing yet. We booked thru Costco so not sure how they will let me know. This is our first time booking GTY and I am dying to know what our cabin is!

The arm bands sound totally cool.

And are we splitting up the FE list or going with all 29?
So excited and so much to do!

Not a problem, thanks for the update. I know how it is sailing GTY.

Just getting ideas for FE gifts and wanted to know how many a person usually gives? Some look expensive and others are less so.
Also, do you make a holder for the gifts for the fish on your door?
I have never done this before so as I get into it and get ideas I would like to know how many I should plan to for.

Just getting ideas for FE gifts and wanted to know how many a person usually gives? Some look expensive and others are less so.

It really doesn't matter, some people only give a single gift to the cabin while others may give an adult gift and separate items to the children under 14 in the cabin. It is entirely up to you and the giver. Some of the items can be home made, or from your home town, other items could be a simple as a magnet. A good idea, for this cruise anyway would be an inexpensive Christmas ornament. You can always find good ideas at the dollar stores too.

Also, do you make a holder for the gifts for the fish on your door?
I have never done this before so as I get into it and get ideas I would like to know how many I should plan to for.

You will need to just make one holder to have hanging outside the door, if there are several in your party, you can designate a cabin where the FE will hang.

FE 101:

A couple people were asking about the FE and since we have a few first timers on board I thought I would interject some helpful links and offerings regarding the Fish Extender/Exchange.
Every stateroom has a fish hanging on the wall outside the door. This is part decoration and part message center. The fish is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the Cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room.

On the discussion forum here, it is very popular to participate in a Fish Extender exchange. This entails having a fish extender hanging off the fish outside your room. If you aren't sure how the exchange works or the size and shape of a fish extender be sure to visit the links below. A fish extender can be made of cloth, plastic or vinyl. It can be very creative or very simple. If you don't care to create your own Fish Extender, you will find many auctions on EBay where one can be customized for you.

All the people in the exchange buy little items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received daily.

Here is a great write up by a fellow member.

Fish Extenders!

Examples of some doors and some Extender ideas:

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

Ours
d399741d.jpg

Hope this helps.

5520-door1.jpg

Are we assigned a certain cabin or cabins to do gifts for? Do we do all the cabins? Or do we pick a cabin or two or three? How many days on the cruise do we give gifts or what day do we give the gifts? Christmas Eve would be a good day, I think.
I am very excited about getting to know people on the cruise. Recognizing familiar faces and maybe names will be great as will hanging for a drink at times.
My grandson was always unsure of the kids area because he didn't know anyone. Hopefully he will know some familiar faces this time and have more fun.
Also, my daughter-Logan's mom, Stephanie wants to know if there are any single 30 something guys on the trip?

Are we assigned a certain cabin or cabins to do gifts for? Do we do all the cabins? Or do we pick a cabin or two or three? How many days on the cruise do we give gifts or what day do we give the gifts? Christmas Eve would be a good day, I think.
I am very excited about getting to know people on the cruise. Recognizing familiar faces and maybe names will be great as will hanging for a drink at times.
My grandson was always unsure of the kids area because he didn't know anyone. Hopefully he will know some familiar faces this time and have more fun.
Also, my daughter-Logan's mom, Stephanie wants to know if there are any single 30 something guys on the trip?

As a general rule, you give to each of the cabins participating in the FE a gift(s). You can split the delivery up over the length of the cruise or hand them out all on the same day, that is entirely up to you.

Your Grandson should have a good time, be sure to stop by the Meet & Greet on Embarkation day at 2:45 pm on deck 4 at the Vista Café. It will be the perfect time to put a face with the Disboard name.

As for your daughter...no idea about single 30 something guys.:confused3

I get the drift of FE now. I can keep on keeping on. My planning will work just fine now.
By the way: where in Colorado do you call home-Grovertoo?
My other daughter and her family live in Highlands Ranch.:santa:

Linda

I get the drift of FE now. I can keep on keeping on. My planning will work just fine now.
By the way: where in Colorado do you call home-Grovertoo?
My other daughter and her family live in Highlands Ranch.:santa:

Linda

LOL, we have quite the crew hailing from Highlands Ranch!

Myself aka Dave (Grooovertoo), my brother (SLC), and (Rileymax), all on this cruise are all from Highlands Ranch too.

That is the great thing about the Disboards, it makes the world just a little bit smaller.:thumbsup2

Do you happen to know any of the Osoba's from Highlands Ranch? That is my daughter and her husband and 4 kids.
Linda
The world sure is smaller.:mickeyjum

:welcome: CurranCruisers!!! We might have to order more Mickey Bars, but they are to the left and the line to the AquaDuck starts here.

We'll get you down for the FE.

If you wouldn't mind letting us know which of the 4 cabins the FE will be hanging on and who all will be participating in the exchange. How many Adults and the ages of the children.

The staterooms the FE(s) will be hanging on will be
10148 = 2 children. Boy age 5, Girl age 6
10152 = 2 children. Boy age 10, Girl age 13
10154 = 2 children. Boy age 6, Girl age 6

So excited to be part of this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter