• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 22, 2013 - Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

Well my uncle and his gf booked this cruise and it appears my mom is trying to get a bunch of the family to book. Sort of like a family reunion. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that part. :lmao:

Well, I may be in the same boat (in more ways than one):lmao:as you...I mentioned the cruise to my SIL that if they went on a cruise we could take one of their boys and have him room with us to make it easier on them, the next thing you know, I have my Pops coming and my other brother and his family. We shall see if they pull the trigger though.:rolleyes:

Grooovertoo said:
Well, I may be in the same boat (in more ways than one):lmao:as you...I opened my big mouth and told my SIL that if they went on a cruise we could take one of their boys and have him room with us to make it easier on them, the next thing you know, I have my Pops coming and my other brother and his family. We shall see if they pull the trigger though.:rolleyes:

Families are like that, eh? I'm excited my family is coming along but it expanded rapidly once I brought it up. Still, Christmas on the Dream with family sounds pretty neat.

I'm so excited, my brother and his wife have booked this cruise and they will be joining in all the festiviites..... including the fish extender

Seems like we will all have tons of family with us :) Like Mokat76 said....still its Christmas on the Dream! Can't ask for anything better :goodvibes

Hello everyone! I'm a new member, and this will be our first cruise, therefore, I will have a lot of questions. We went to DW for the first time this April and stayed at WL and loved it! We've also been to Disneyland in California a couple of times, and Disneyland Tokyo 12 times (we lived in Japan for 4 years). Can't wait to add another Disney first to our list next year! Very excited, but also very nervous. Hubby is military and will deploy next year. We're hoping it's early in the year so he'll be back in time.

My household includes my hubby Greg, and our two kids, Kaleb (6 next year) and Morgan (turns 3 on Dec. 20 next year). I believe there are two other parties coming with us, one a veteran and one not, but they haven't booked it yet.

We will most likely fly in from NE, and are debating flying in a day early to make sure we get there in time. Are there hotels anyone recommends for the night before, or is flying in a day before necessary?

Thanks!

Kristin

Hello everyone! I'm a new member, and this will be our first cruise, therefore, I will have a lot of questions. We went to DW for the first time this April and stayed at WL and loved it! We've also been to Disneyland in California a couple of times, and Disneyland Tokyo 12 times (we lived in Japan for 4 years). Can't wait to add another Disney first to our list next year! Very excited, but also very nervous. Hubby is military and will deploy next year. We're hoping it's early in the year so he'll be back in time.

My household includes my hubby Greg, and our two kids, Kaleb (6 next year) and Morgan (turns 3 on Dec. 20 next year). I believe there are two other parties coming with us, one a veteran and one not, but they haven't booked it yet.

We will most likely fly in from NE, and are debating flying in a day early to make sure we get there in time. Are there hotels anyone recommends for the night before, or is flying in a day before necessary?

Thanks!

Kristin

Awesome and :welcome: aboard. Rum runners to the left and Mickey bars are over on the right, help yourself. I'll get you added to the Roll Call and please ask any questions you my have on this thread.

As for flying in. Most TA’s will recommend flying in the day before and I highly agree with this, especially that time of year, who knows what the weather will be doing then. There are some great spots around the Port and you can even stay at the MCO Hyatt, which does a superb jobs of taking care of DCL guests. You just wake up in the morning, jump on the ME busses and you’re at the port, here is a little write up I did on this:

If you can or you plan on flying in the day before your cruise I highly recommend staying at the MCO/Hyatt the night before. When you check in, make sure to ask about the procedures for Disney cruise guests. You will get a handout with all the needed information and they will make sure that you are on the list to get your luggage picked up in the morning for transportation to the ship. In the morning, on your cruise day make sure you place all the luggage with the blue sticky tags provided to you by either Disney or your TA just inside your hotel room door by 8:30 that morning (I know, if you have never done this before it feels weird and you leave the room feeling that you will never see the bags again, but do not worry). Make sure you get some breakfast either before this or right after. MCO has a great food court with many quick options and of course you can start your cruise splurging early at Krispy Kreme there, I know I did, plus be sure to get a good cup of coffee. The Disney Cruise desk opens downstairs on level 1 on the B side of the Terminal at 8:30 as well. This is the best thing about staying there. At the DC desk they do everything that you would need to do at port except get any children registered for the kids club. They take your picture (this is for security purposes in order to verify you are who you say you are when you get on and off the ship at ports and I’m told this is a way they can have random pictures while on the cruise sent to your Shutters account/file, you get your cabin/KTTWC and you can place money on your account or place a credit card on the account at this time as well, and of course this is when you supply your travel documents to them too (DCL signature form, passports and/or birth certificates). They then set you up with your ME bus to the port and of course, the most important item…your boarding number!
I’ve also heard that the Radisson at Port Canaveral is worth a stay as well. You can find a Trip Report about this hotel here, with some great photos too. Feel free to read this fellow DisDads report too, if you have time, he really goes into great detail about the history of not juct DCL, but the ports too.

Thanks!

Kristin

Welcome, Kristin and family!!!!

First, thanks to your hubby, the kids and you for your service. :thumbsup2 Are you at Offutt?

As Groovertoo, our esteemed leader says, I strongly recommend flying in the day before. That gives you some wiggle room if flights are delayed.

I, too, recommend the Hyatt in the Orlando airport. First, it's so very convenient. They'll get your luggage the day of the cruise; you just waltz on down to the check-in place in the airport, board the bus and boom, you're at the port. Best.Thing.Ever. Especially since you've got little ones. The downside is there's not a whole lot to do there if your flight gets in early. There's a pool, I think, at the hotel, but we didn't use it.

pixiedust: Here's the best part. Hyatt MCO has a military rate!!! It's half the cost (or was in Feb 2012). I booked early, requesting the military rate, and it was terrific. I did everything online through the Hyatt website.

You will not regret the cruise. It really is fun. Characters galore, lots of neat activities and shows, Castaway Cay, Mickey Bars from room service. :) Heavenly.

Ask away. We're all here to help. By the time the cruise rolls around, we'll all feel like old friends.

Welcome, Kristin and family!!!!

First, thanks to your hubby, the kids and you for your service. :thumbsup2 Are you at Offutt?

As Groovertoo, our esteemed leader says, I strongly recommend flying in the day before. That gives you some wiggle room if flights are delayed.

I, too, recommend the Hyatt in the Orlando airport. First, it's so very convenient. They'll get your luggage the day of the cruise; you just waltz on down to the check-in place in the airport, board the bus and boom, you're at the port. Best.Thing.Ever. Especially since you've got little ones. The downside is there's not a whole lot to do there if your flight gets in early. There's a pool, I think, at the hotel, but we didn't use it.

pixiedust: Here's the best part. Hyatt MCO has a military rate!!! It's half the cost (or was in Feb 2012). I booked early, requesting the military rate, and it was terrific. I did everything online through the Hyatt website.

You will not regret the cruise. It really is fun. Characters galore, lots of neat activities and shows, Castaway Cay, Mickey Bars from room service. :) Heavenly.

Ask away. We're all here to help. By the time the cruise rolls around, we'll all feel like old friends.
Thanks Groovertoo and Mokat76! We will most likely fly in the day before, and the Hyatt sounds great, especially with the military discount. I'll be looking into that shortly, since Disney is not interested in taking my money for the DW stay after the cruise quite yet.

Mokat76-We are at Offutt currently, but I grew up in Missouri. Still anxiously waiting on more news about next year. Last year he was gone for Christmas, which was really hard. We're hoping this next one doesn't ruin our plans. I take it your family is a military family as well? Are you in MO? We wanted Whiteman so bad, since it is only 1 1/2 away from the grandparents, but we didn't have great options when we were returning from overseas.

We are really excited about the cruise. I love that we'll have access to all the major characters before hitting the parks, so we have less lines to deal with. Also excited to have resources at DIS, and equally excited that there are extreme planners out there like me.

Have a great week everyone!

ksalas said:
Thanks Groovertoo and Mokat76! We will most likely fly in the day before, and the Hyatt sounds great, especially with the military discount. I'll be looking into that shortly, since Disney is not interested in taking my money for the DW stay after the cruise quite yet.

Mokat76-We are at Offutt currently, but I grew up in Missouri. Still anxiously waiting on more news about next year. Last year he was gone for Christmas, which was really hard. We're hoping this next one doesn't ruin our plans. I take it your family is a military family as well? Are you in MO? We wanted Whiteman so bad, since it is only 1 1/2 away from the grandparents, but we didn't have great options when we were returning from overseas.

We are really excited about the cruise. I love that we'll have access to all the major characters before hitting the parks, so we have less lines to deal with. Also excited to have resources at DIS, and equally excited that there are extreme planners out there like me.

Have a great week everyone!

Hi Kristin

Hyatt is terrific for pre-cruise. You won't be disappointed. I'm not sure you can reserve it this early out. I think they open ressies about a year out. It's a big hotel, though, so it should be pretty easy unless you wait until the last minute. somehow I doubt that'll be a problem! ;-)

I'm retired AF. I grew up in and around St Louis. After I retired I worked for the state for 5 years in Jeff City. Drove over to Whiteman once in awhile just to reblue. I'm in VA now, working for the AF at Langley AFB. At least they got you to the Midwest. Usually they seem to go the polar opposite, as you well know. My first assignment I wanted anywhere but the Midwest. I got central IL. NOT a fan. :-{

Where are your folks?

I hope your hubby isn't deployed next year at Christmas. That would stink. Holidays must be brutal for you and your little ones without him.

My favorite character meet up was on Castaway Cay. I was on the tram heading back to the ship when who jumps on right in front of me but Chip 'n' Dale is cute island outfits. OMG! I was as excited as your kids would have been and I am considerably older than they are. I guess if you're a Dis person you never outgrow that. Frankly I'm glad. It was a really cool moment.

Can't wait for Dec 2013!!

Kathy

Well I thought I had it figured out what I was gonna do for the fish extenders and then this morning my plan was foiled, oh well back to the drawing board....

I think I'll just procrastinate for at least another year. :-) I'm terrible at advanced planning of this sort of stuff once I get the ressie in. I think lazy is the term I'm looking for. I have to confess I was thinking of how to make an FE with a combined Dis/Christmas theme. Hmmmm.

Hello, I am Maggie from Pennsylvania. I am already listed on the roll call as KathyinDE's SIL. It will be DH (Michael) and me. I will look up the cabin number and send it later. Thanks! Can't wait!

I have been thinking about FE gifts lately...what to do, what to do?! :wave2:

I think I'll just procrastinate for at least another year. :-) I'm terrible at advanced planning of this sort of stuff once I get the ressie in. I think lazy is the term I'm looking for. I have to confess I was thinking of how to make an FE with a combined Dis/Christmas theme. Hmmmm.

What's cool about planning now is that we have a Christmas before our cruise next year and the day after this upcoming one we can snag some deals on something cool that is Christmas themed and will be just the perfect item....maybe?:thumbsup2

Hello, I am Maggie from Pennsylvania. I am already listed on the roll call as KathyinDE's SIL. It will be DH (Michael) and me. I will look up the cabin number and send it later. Thanks! Can't wait!

Maggie!!! :welcome: !!!! Glad to have you...Konk Koolers to the left and the spa is down the hall to the right...ENJOY!!!

I'll update your info on the Roll Call and FE.
:beach:

Grooovertoo said:
What's cool about planning now is that we have a Christmas before our cruise next year and the day after this upcoming one we can snag some deals on something cool that is Christmas themed and will be just the perfect item....maybe?:thumbsup2

Maggie!!! :welcome: !!!! Glad to have you...Konk Koolers to the left and the spa is down the hall to the right...ENJOY!!!

I'll update your info on the Roll Call and FE. :beach:

Great idea about snagging Christmas swag! I hadn't thought of that, but now feel totally justified in procrastinating. Thanks for being my enabler. ;-)

And welcome aboard , Maggie and family!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter