December 2023 Planning Thread

I am just 2 weeks away from my July trip but my head keeps going to this planned trip with excitement! We might be adding another one of my friend's daughters. I love that we have so much fun they want to come with us! I can't wait to make our reservations for dining and tours. There is just something that makes my heart happy about December trips.

I am just 2 weeks away from my July trip but my head keeps going to this planned trip with excitement! We might be adding another one of my friend's daughters. I love that we have so much fun they want to come with us! I can't wait to make our reservations for dining and tours. There is just something that makes my heart happy about December trips.
I spend way to much of my time thinking about our trip in December so I get it LOL

We will be there 12/26-29 and then getting on a cruise from Long Beach. I'm not even sure where to start with the planning. I guess I need to find out what the differences are in the Genie+ and dining reservations first. ?

We will be there 12/26-29 and then getting on a cruise from Long Beach. I'm not even sure where to start with the planning. I guess I need to find out what the differences are in the Genie+ and dining reservations first. ?
Are you doing a Mexico one?!? We almost considered doing one right after also

Hey I'm new here I am thinking about planning a trip for December 2023 but I'm wondering if I use a discount ticket site like undercover tourist and or Stay at a off-site resort or even try one of those DVC rental websites can I still use dreams unlimited travel for example to help with things like park pass reservations dining reservations disability access pass etc or would I have to do that myself

Hey I'm new here I am thinking about planning a trip for December 2023 but I'm wondering if I use a discount ticket site like undercover tourist and or Stay at a off-site resort or even try one of those DVC rental websites can I still use dreams unlimited travel for example to help with things like park pass reservations dining reservations disability access pass etc or would I have to do that myself

We've always gone to WDW (10 trips in 10 years), but now we're thinking about doing a DisneyLand trip. Never been before and debating between September, October and December. Not sure which is best. I haven't studied weather in LA/OC yet, so I don't know if September/October is as hot as Orlando. If it is, then we'll pick December. But just wanting to follow along to see some trip planning ideas. As I said, never been to DL (or west of Colorado for that matter).
We like the Disneyland resort at Christmas time , so we go the week before Thanksgiving , or the week after Thanksgiving. We almost always stay at the Grand Californian Hotel , but we have stayed at the new Anaheim Westin and it is really quite nice when you pay for a park view room . It’s very new and smells clean and fresh.

Welcome! I know the DIS is funded by Dreams Unlimited, and I am sure they are a great company to work with for vacation planning. That said - we've never used a travel agent for our Disneyland trips. I think park reservations, dining reservations, and the DAS from what I can tell can be booked on your own fairly simply. If you did want to use a travel agent, they may have their own discounts so I'm not sure if they would combine with sites like Undercover Tourist. That may be something you'd need to verify with the agent you're working with.

Yes! on Carnival. We have never cruised Carnival but the price and the schedule worked out so great I couldn't pass it up.
The price of those and the one right over Christmas is beyond amazing. I priced out 2 suites and it was so cheap I was sure I had messed something up LOL

We'll be there! December 1-6. It will be my husband, (hasn't been since October 2021 because he doesn't love Disney), my daughter 10 who is my regular Disney travel partner and our friends with their four kids. Last December I said I'd only be staying at GCH going forward but alas here we are staying at the Cambria. With them having four kids on property was insanely expensive. Excited to try a new hotel and really we won't be hanging out there anyway, that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

It is the families first trip ever to DLR and their boys turn 7 during the trip. I'm so excited to take newbies and hopefully help them have the best trip possible.

I can't wait to see the special menus, especially if they'll have the churro toffee cold brew again. That stuff was incredible and I can't wait to drink it again.

We will be there from 12/23 - 12/28. Planning on 4 days in the parks since I can only imagine how crazy busy it will be. Kids choice to "skip" Christmas and go to DL/DCA with a one day trip to Universal. Since we plan on being there for Christmas Eve and Day, any suggestions on dinner plans?

We'll be there! December 1-6. It will be my husband, (hasn't been since October 2021 because he doesn't love Disney), my daughter 10 who is my regular Disney travel partner and our friends with their four kids. Last December I said I'd only be staying at GCH going forward but alas here we are staying at the Cambria. With them having four kids on property was insanely expensive. Excited to try a new hotel and really we won't be hanging out there anyway, that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

It is the families first trip ever to DLR and their boys turn 7 during the trip. I'm so excited to take newbies and hopefully help them have the best trip possible.

I can't wait to see the special menus, especially if they'll have the churro toffee cold brew again. That stuff was incredible and I can't wait to drink it again.

Churro toffee cold brew? Yes please! Where was it?

Does anyone know what to expect for park hours in early December? Wondering if DL and DCA will be open later during 12/5 - 12/7. Our first time visiting during xmas. We went last February and the parks were closed early on our week day park days, so just wondering if they might be open later during the holiday times.

Does anyone know what to expect for park hours in early December? Wondering if DL and DCA will be open later during 12/5 - 12/7. Our first time visiting during xmas. We went last February and the parks were closed early on our week day park days, so just wondering if they might be open later during the holiday times.
I hav heard that when it comes to Xmas crowds late November & early December is going to be less busy than the week of Xmas but still busy. We change our plans from Xmas week to 12/10-12/16 to hopefully help with crowds, but still am planning on it being busy. If you look on isitpacked it looks like earlier December is going to be a tad less busy. Just go in with a plan, open mind, and good attitude. I am 99% sure that DL is open till 12 AM but DCA does close earlier.

GCH December 1-5, 2024, One of our big annual meetings is back in Anaheim this year and the standard view meeting rate is $425/night including tax. A rare trip we aren’t on the DVC side.

I know Candlelight will impact crowds, but it’s still a magical time to be there. We will be in WDW at the Poly (our east coast DVC home) Dec 17-22nd. We are one lucky family.

I’m so out of the loop as we haven’t visited for 5 years - is Trader Sams now a reservation only? Or can you still walk up and hope to sit at the bar?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter