****December 2020 Thread****

I was able to book my park days for Christmas week today. I am happy I got to book them but some of my arrival times are not until 11:00. I am not happy about this. I will have to see how it goes. I am a rope drop to park close kind of person.
the times on the days you selected are the posted park times (for now) - like for now Epcot opens every day 11am.

We are rope droppers too and usually do Garden Grill as a PPO b'fast - is that even possible now??

We'll have to wait and see!

Oh, Thank you ! I thought I read somewhere there are staggered arrival times so I figured that was what happened. I hadn't seen the park hours posted but I will look for that. Thanks again.

My daughter and I have APs and currently have 2 trips with resort reservations booked together, one in August and one in December. I could only book one park reservation for us in August and NONE for our December trip. I have been trying for 8.5 hours now and chatted with a CM, who was no help. Every number I try to call has a busy signal. Disney should have rolled these out week by week, or month by month. Everyone all at once was too much for their crappy IT system.

We are booked for the first week of December...I'm waiting but will reschedule for next May...:(

Sadly I guess we are out. I have been trying to reserve parks since a little before 7am. Still no luck. I finally talked to a CM and she gave me another number to call.... with no luck. I have a 14 day hotel reservation with a 10 day ticket. I was only able to get 1 day booked, everything else is already booked.

I hope you all have safe, healthy and magical trips!!

Sadly I guess we are out. I have been trying to reserve parks since a little before 7am. Still no luck. I finally talked to a CM and she gave me another number to call.... with no luck. I have a 14 day hotel reservation with a 10 day ticket. I was only able to get 1 day booked, everything else is already booked.

Did the cm actually say the days are booked already? I find that hard to believe.

Sadly I guess we are out. I have been trying to reserve parks since a little before 7am. Still no luck. I finally talked to a CM and she gave me another number to call.... with no luck. O have a 14 day hotel reservation with a 10 day ticket. I was only able to get 1 day booked, everything else is already booked.

I would keep trying. From what I understand, the reservation page only shows you availability for days it thinks you have tickets, so it could be a bug where it doesn't recognize all your days and that they can eventually fix. According to the availability calendar here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=resort - the only thing that's completely booked right now is DHS through 7/17.

Chose our five parks today without any trouble, later this afternoon. Every park showed availability for every day of our trip. (Dec. 13-18)

I was able to book my parks today for my stay December 6-11, I'm reserved at POFQ, not sure whats going to happen.

I was able to book my parks today for my stay December 6-11, I'm reserved at POFQ, not sure whats going to happen.
Who knows what will be open by December, but I believe that if you have reservations at a resort that was not one of the ones listed as opening (see link below), then, starting today, you can call in and move your reservation to one of the resorts that have been announced to open. From what I've been reading, if you have not moved your reservation, and your booked resort is still not open by 7 days before your arrival date, then Disney will automatically cancel your reservation

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Did the cm actually say the days are booked already? I find that hard to believe.
December 2020 has plenty of park reservations available as of right now and I suspect they will until mid-day when it opens up for AP holders.

I have 3 resort reservations (Aug, Nov, & Dec) totaling 15 days. My daughter and I have APs. She will be with me for the Aug & Dec trips. My husband will be with me for the Nov trip which was postponed from June for our 30th anniversary. He has a 5 day park hopper. I was only able to book one park reservation for my daughter and myself. I was able to book ALL of my husband's park reservations for our anniversary trip, but none for myself. If I am not able to secure more park reservations for these trips I will have to cancel them along with our APs since we won't be able to use them. I am an out of state AP and normally go to WDW 4-5 times a year always staying at Disney resorts, never leaving Disney property, eating all my meals there and buying several hundred dollars of souvenirs each trip. It seems that the APs, or repeat customers, are being punished with the new reservation system instead of rewarded for their loyalty. APs and DVC with resort reservations should have gone first in the reservation system. And maybe have this open up week by week instead of everyone all at once. I have literally been trying all day long (15 hours now) to make park reservations. It has not been a magical experience.

I was able to reserve my park days! It was pretty simple. Dec 11th is my MK day. The rest are in this order; AK, HS and Epcot.

I arrive on the 10th pretty early in the day (like 1pm). I’m thinking of taking Uber to the Mall at Millenia after I get settled.

They are not alll booked. The only thing booked up is HS July 15-17

December 2020 has plenty of park reservations available as of right now and I suspect they will until mid-day when it opens up for AP holders.

View attachment 503332
They are not alll booked. The only thing booked up is HS July 15-17
Thank you to all who responded!! I finally have parks reserved, now I see I may have to change hotels, but at least I can say I am going to Disney!

Thank you to all who responded!! I finally have parks reserved, now I see I may have to change hotels, but at least I can say I am going to Disney!

We're booked for French Quarter, but I haven't seen that on the re-opening list so far... going to be super sad if we can't stay there

We were booked for 2 nights at OKW in a studio (12/25-12/27) but decided to switch our reservation to AKL Jambo House studio room with Savannah View, this is a resort only stay before our non Disney cruise. We have never stayed here, we have only visited it, and we are so excited :goodvibes . Anyone who has stayed in a Savannah View room before, is it better to request a lower level room or highest floor possible? I normally request highest floor, but with the animals right there, my DD16 thinks a lower room would be better.

We were booked for 2 nights at OKW in a studio (12/25-12/27) but decided to switch our reservation to AKL Jambo House studio room with Savannah View, this is a resort only stay before our non Disney cruise. We have never stayed here, we have only visited it, and we are so excited :goodvibes . Anyone who has stayed in a Savannah View room before, is it better to request a lower level room or highest floor possible? I normally request highest floor, but with the animals right there, my DD16 thinks a lower room would be better.
We stayed at AKL in February, GORGEOUS. We were on the third floor and views were good. Was the coolest thing ever to see the look at my hubby's face when a giraffe came strolling along.

We are booked for 11/30-12/7 at CBR!! We were originally booked for the last week in August at ASMu with Free Dining. I was able to reserve all our park days lastnight with no problems. Just hoping the hours get extended and that we can at least see Fireworks and have Character Meets! Wishful thinking!

How is the weather in December? Is it warm enough to swim? Last time I went, it was in March 2018 and I basically froze at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter