• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2016

I'm considering either going to Disney or taking a RCCL cruise to southern Caribbean during my 50th birthday celebration in December 2016. Considered a Disney cruise but I'm assuming that will be price prohibitive over Christmas. Love to do the Oasis out of PC but during my birthday they are only offering an abbreviated bahamas cruise. Perhaps the Jewel out of San Juan? Prices are more expensive the you're quoting- $5800 for a balcony cabin (8night cruise). Any special pricing that you have?

We are also planning a cruise for December 2016, for m husband's 50th birthday! We are considering both Disney and RCCL. We are looking at the Dec 11 Oasis 7 nt Eastern Caribbean sailing; also considering the Dec 10 Serenade 11 nt Southern Caribbean sailing. The 11 night is really appealing, except I would really like to try the Oasis class. It has been almost 16 years since my last RCCL cruise, and we have enjoyed a couple DCL cruises since. But as our daughter gets older, the less expensive RCCL cruises are becoming more appealing.

Any clear advise for Oasis vs Serenade?

I haven't been on either ship, but am sailing on the Radiance this Summer (Alaska), and what I have seen on the web I am impressed with the Radiance class.

I had the same dilemma for next spring break (March 2016), and I ended up picking the Adventure over the Jewel (Radiance Class), since the itinerary is similar and people on the web convinced me there would be more to do for kids. I'm still second guessing that decision.

I think itinerary plays a big part unless there are just a ton of sea days.

Thanks! We went with the Oasis...worked better for the work schedule of the family traveling with us. I am excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter