December 2016 Car Rental Watch

We just booked flights today for December 17th to 24th. We've made an initial reservation with Budget (against my better judgement......we've had two awful rentals with them so far, but all other companies have RIDICULOUS rates for our dates right now) for a mini van, $221 with tax. We only need a full size car, so we will happily book with either Dollar or Alamo if/when rates drop down to something reasonable.

Anyone have any updated codes, the above aren't working for me anymore. It says they aren't valid for MCO pickup now. IDK?

Anyone have any updated codes, the above aren't working for me anymore. It says they aren't valid for MCO pickup now. IDK?
Just double checked the cheapest code combination from Alamo at MCO and codes posted still work.

Coupon: AD3868JST
Contract ID: 15000
Product Code: AS1

Midsize
Estimated Total $184.43
Pick-Up/Return LocationEdit
Orlando Intl Arpt
Orlando FL 32827 US
DatesEdit
Thu, Dec 08, 2016 12:00 PM
Sun, Dec 18, 2016 12:00 PM

We are picking up on 12/15 and returning on 1/3, and the above code is not valid. So apparently the return date must be in December to be a valid code.

Thank you, THANK YOU!
The cheapest I could find was $197 for our dates(Costco), but using Alamo.com with the coupon code dropped it to $106!

Contract ID: 15000
My Rental Summary
$25 OFF SPECIALTY
DISNEY PASSHOLDER
Compact
Nissan Versa Note or similar
Pick-Up/Return Location
Orlando Intl Arpt Orlando FL 32827 US
Dates
Wed, Dec 07, 2016 11:30 PM
Wed, Dec 14, 2016 07:00 PM
Estimated Total $105.65

My only concern...think they will ask for proof for the code? We are not Disney Passholders?

I have been looking for a while and when I use the AS1 code, I get much higher rates. I just finally got mine down with Alamo. Here are the details:
12/15- 12/22 Pick up at MCO, return to Tampa Airport
Coupon Code AD3868JST
Product Code 7016427 or 7016220 both about the same price
Total for Minivan= $323.42.

My only concern...think they will ask for proof for the code? We are not Disney Passholders?

I use the Passholder contract ID all the time, and yes, they have sometimes asked to see your pass at the gate. :-(

I use the Passholder contract ID all the time, and yes, they have sometimes asked to see your pass at the gate. :-(

No worries! I booked using different codes as well and it was only a little more expensive and I'll just cancel the $105 one.

Thank you, I appreciate the response!

Contract ID: 7014926

My Rental Summary
$25 OFF SPECIALTY
SAVE WITH ALAMO
Compact (Nissan Versa Note or similar)
$111.21 Estimated Total
Pick-Up/Return Location
Orlando Intl Arpt
Orlando FL 32827 US
Dates

Looking for alamo rental from MCO for minivan dec 31 2016 - jan 8 2017

coupon AD3868JST gives me the error "return date conflict with coupon".
Maybe the coupon code is not good for return dates in 2017?

Lowest rate I found with the above coupons is the combination
Coupon -------AU3Z64SDG
Contract ID -------7014627
for $667 (YIKES!)

Anyone aware of any other good coupons that might be valid in 2017?
Thanks

My current December rental (reservation made 8/3/2016)

Alamo
12/7 -12/10
Full Size
$137.18

$25 off coupon (AD3868JST) and this contract #7014926

Well this is starting to get super frustrating....I tried all of the codes AGAIN, and now its saying AS1 isn't a valid code. So we still have nothing booked for our trip. We need a minivan and there is no way in heck I'm going to pay 700 dollars which is the current quoted price. Ahhhhhh our dates our Nov 29 to Dec11 pu and drop off at mco

Well this is starting to get super frustrating....I tried all of the codes AGAIN, and now its saying AS1 isn't a valid code. So we still have nothing booked for our trip. We need a minivan and there is no way in heck I'm going to pay 700 dollars which is the current quoted price. Ahhhhhh our dates our Nov 29 to Dec11 pu and drop off at mco

AS1 is no longer valid, however, the last time I used the AS1 code I got the same price using the other two codes (AD3868JST and #7014926) with and without the AS1.

I just booked a minivan with Avis through USAA from the 21st to the 27th for $879.00. I would really love to see that number come down and will keep watching for discounts but Hertz is already sold out of vans and I don't want to risk not getting one. Budget would have been $80.00 cheaper but for the service and convenience of Avis I'd rather spend the money then risk Budget.

**UPDATE** I went through Costco travel and was able to reserve a van with Enterprise for $399.76. I am definitely doing a happy dance!

Last edited:
AS1 is no longer valid, however, the last time I used the AS1 code I got the same price using the other two codes (AD3868JST and #7014926) with and without the AS1.
Ya well I should have booked it that first time, those other codes work but still only get me 700 dollars for my dates....way out of our budget.

This past Aug. we just traveled from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando in a rental car from Dollar. After we got home a few weeks later we received a bill for $63 from Dollar for "Open road toll fees" and late fees. Every toll we drove through we paid cash, so was very confused why we had this bill. My husband called and she said unless you have a SunPass or chip in your car, you get charged for these Open Toll roads. How the heck were we suppose to know??? No signs, no tolls that we drove through. I think this is highway robbery!! Anyways, my question now is, we are driving this Dec. from WDW to Port Canaveral in rental car. Anyone know if we have to worry about hidden open toll roads?

These codes saved me another $30 off my already pretty good rate!
Question is, what codes are they? Do I need a coupon??

Contract ID: 7014926

My Rental Summary
$25 OFF SPECIALTY
SAVE WITH ALAMO
Compact (Nissan Versa Note or similar)
$111.21 Estimated Total
Pick-Up/Return Location
Orlando Intl Arpt
Orlando FL 32827 US
Dates

These codes saved me another $30 off my already pretty good rate!
Question is, what codes are they? Do I need a coupon??

I believe the codes are:
Coupon: AD3868JST ($25 OFF SPECIALTY)
Contract ID: 7014926 (SAVE WITH ALAMO)

I don't think you need to have a coupon present, but I could be wrong?

Hm- I must have gotten lucky with my initial booking (last May) for a DL trip, LAX pickup minivan for 10 days (Dec 15-24) is 296.00 straight up- Everywhere I look since then is 499.00 and up even using codes.... and here I had thought I would just book and wait for discounts:thumbsup2 silly me.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter