• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2016 book or wait

natb

Mouseketeer
We are family of 5. Going December 17-23 or 24/2016. Should I book room now or wait to see if discount comes out... I don't know if I can stay onsite without a discount and might have to consider a partner hotel.

the only problem with booking now is, if the resort gets to X% full then it will not offer a discount OR it will be limited. the fuller a resort looks the less number of rooms will be released to a discount. this is one of the factors in how many rooms are actually released.
so…..the more people who do actually book waiting for a discount the more likely it is that the discount will be limited or not as much (say 20% off room instead of free dinning).

We are family of 5. Going December 17-23 or 24/2016. Should I book room now or wait to see if discount comes out... I don't know if I can stay onsite without a discount and might have to consider a partner hotel.

I am planning to go the 27th of December for about a week but started planning now. From what I have read, it's best to wait until about April to book our rooms to get the best price available. I know almost a year in advanced sounds crazy, but I really want to get the most out of this trip. Another helpful hint i've learned: buy a $50 disney gift card every pay period :)

It depends on how specific your needs/desires are. Since you are a family of 5 and say, you want a Savannah view room at AKL or a WL villa, it's possible it will be gone by the time discounts are released. With a room-only, you can always cancel, but you can't make a reservation if the rooms are all booked!

We're planning to go Dec 23-Dec 30. If we book our rooms now and then a discount on the rooms comes out, can we apply? So we book now expecting to pay full price but then we could take advantage of, sat 20% off, if there's that offer. Make sense? I would just like to book now so I can get our dining ressies in on the 1st available day.

Book now if you are going to stay regardless of whether discounts are coming out or not. If you need the discount you may as well wait until the discounts come out because the resort you are already booked at may or may not be included in the discount. As a PP mentioned, rooms are discounted to fill them so if there are enough rooms already booked the discount will be less or there will be fewer rooms at the discounted rate.

Having a room booked in advance does not guarantee that you will get the discount. The resort and room category as well as the dates you booked need to be included and there has to be availability. Rooms included in a special are limited so you might have to change resorts or room category.

Another helpful hint i've learned: buy a $50 disney gift card every pay period :)

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! I am going to start that immediately, beginning with my current paycheck!! I am getting the most wonderful helpful hints from this board, and I haven't even gotten the first secret code yet!

I have the same dilemma - book now and risk the resort looking full or wait and risk not having the room we want... I think we're going, regardless of discount, but I'd really like to reduce the cost as much as is reasonable.

Hmmm.... maybe I should book my second choice room! I'll have to think about where that is....

We are going back in December for the first time, during the holidays, and are hoping for a good bounce back offer. We get in Disney this month on the 22nd..So fingers crossed Clearly my ticker needs updated

We are going Dec 29-Jan 7. I booked a room only rate at POP with a discount through a TA for the 29-1st It worked out to about 35% off. I think they had agency specials from the 21st-31st for a few different resorts.

It depends on how specific your needs/desires are. Since you are a family of 5 and say, you want a Savannah view room at AKL or a WL villa, it's possible it will be gone by the time discounts are released. With a room-only, you can always cancel, but you can't make a reservation if the rooms are all booked!

Exactly. If you know you are going, with or without a discount, and you know that you want a specific resort, you may want to book now. If you are on the fence, and your trip hinges on a discount, I would wait. You see, you cannot "apply" the discount. You need to rebook and the offer you want may not be open to you. If the offer is "filled" you are out of luck.

I will sometimes book my trip when a offer is available, using the complimentary hold while I work out the details. I never book hoping for a discount, either I am going or I am not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter