December 2015 Discount Watch

I know that Pop Warner week is sometimes excluded, but I'm not sure of those dates. Maybe someone can help us out? We have arrived between the 16th and 18th and have been able to nab free dining in the past. I'm waiting to book too... The speculation is that there were too many bookings anticipating free dining at POR last year that was why it wasn't initially included. We really want CBR, but I'm holding off. Hoping they announce it in early May!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

DId POR really end up as part of free dining last year? We went to Coronado Springs because when I went to pull the trigger, POR was not an option.

We are looking at Dec. 5-13. Is there any discounts usually offered for this time frame like pin codes or room only. I know free dining might be a stretch but even a room only would be something.:teeth:

We are looking at Dec. 5-13. Is there any discounts usually offered for this time frame like pin codes or room only. I know free dining might be a stretch but even a room only would be something.:teeth:
Last year free dining was included in those dates. I will be at POR from 12/11 to 12/19. Fingers are crossed that something good is released for then

Quick question for you all. I have been following the free dining thread and there is rumor and speculation that free dining would be in December 15-21 but unlike years in the past there may be a cutoff on dining after December 21 so you would not get it for the full length of your stay. We were hoping for December 19-27 or 28 for our dates. I noticed that the deal some of you were talking about at Coronado starts December 22. I'm wondering if we could do a split stay--staying December 19-22 with free dining (if it is offered) and then switch over to CSR. I have no experience with split stays. Could we purchase our tickets with the free dining package and extend them for the whole length of our stay? If we link our reservations in MDE will we have any issues with FP+? TIA.

Quick question for you all. I have been following the free dining thread and there is rumor and speculation that free dining would be in December 15-21 but unlike years in the past there may be a cutoff on dining after December 21 so you would not get it for the full length of your stay. We were hoping for December 19-27 or 28 for our dates. I noticed that the deal some of you were talking about at Coronado starts December 22. I'm wondering if we could do a split stay--staying December 19-22 with free dining (if it is offered) and then switch over to CSR. I have no experience with split stays. Could we purchase our tickets with the free dining package and extend them for the whole length of our stay? If we link our reservations in MDE will we have any issues with FP+? TIA.

I'm not really sure how how it would work with a split stay, but we are doing the room only discount at CSR. We're paying $165 a night with tax. Although it's room only, it's discounted enough that paying for our meals won't be too bad. Not sure if this helps any, but thought I'd mention it anyway. We'll be there Dec. 25-Jan. 2. Maybe we'll see you there! Good Luck!

What is the best number to call for reservations if trying to get the visa free dining (when it happens)? I did a search on the boards and couldn't find it.

What is the best number to call for reservations if trying to get the visa free dining (when it happens)? I did a search on the boards and couldn't find it.

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier. I would have directed you over to the free dining thread. I don't have the number myself. I ended up booking online. The dates for free dining in December are 15-21. We were able to get our rooms at POP December 19-28! Yay! I guess I will miss seeing some of you at CSR but maybe we will see you in the parks! Now we have to start looking for best prices on flights!

I am hoping for a room only discount in early December. I just realized that I will have a few extra vacation days left and I can think of a better use than a holiday Disney trip.

We have been in every other month but December and would love to go to see the decorations. Looking for the mid -week of Dec, (11th-18th) to go.

I got a pin code yesterday in the mail! So glad to get one and be able to use it. Staying 12/19-23 at WL. Pin code was cheaper than free dining, not by much, but I'll take it!!!

We have already booked our trip Nov30-Dec6 at WL! Received a code in the mail today, but it was only on upper level suites. Hoping for a discount soon - seems like our dates are within the historical range for one!

I got a pin code yesterday in the mail! So glad to get one and be able to use it. Staying 12/19-23 at WL. Pin code was cheaper than free dining, not by much, but I'll take it!!!
Ohhh!! That makes me excited! Did you have a trip planned already? Or was this what made you book? Can you see the discount on the disney website without typing in the code?

~Cari~ pluto:

Ohhh!! That makes me excited! Did you have a trip planned already? Or was this what made you book? Can you see the discount on the disney website without typing in the code?.

~Cari~ pluto:

Trip was booked 2 weeks ago when FD came out. The code was mailed and only viewable after it online. It was 30% on WL for my dates, so it was a nice savings and better than FD.

Ha ha...I got the pin in the mail....yesterday! I called DH on the way home when he was checking the mail and he said we didn't get anything, then I found it on the kitchen table from yesterday's mail. Ha! Actually, it would save us $200, but we'd have to switch from BC to YC, and I don't know if I want to do that. Oh well. Exciting to have none-the-less. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

Can anyone post the full details of the PINs they've received, as in what other places were included/excluded, and dates?
TIA. :)

Return to the magic and excitement of Walt Disney World Resort!
Now when you choose to stay in the middle of the magic, you can save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. Offer valid for stays most nights August 28 through November 24, 2015 and November 28 through December 23, 2015.

Book through August 7, 2015.

Explore sample savings for select Disney Resort hotels within each Resort Category:

Resort Category Resort Savings

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
Disney's BoardWalk Villas 30%
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House 20%
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Disney's Beach Club Villas
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
8/28 - 10/3
10/4 - 12/23
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - Standard/Pool View Rooms 30% 30%
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Yacht Club
Disney’s Contemporary Resort 20% 20%
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - Savanna View/Club Level Rooms
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort 30% 20%

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels Save up to 25%
8/28 - 10/3
10/4 - 12/23
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 25% 20%
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter 20% 20%
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels Save up to 20%
8/28 - 10/3 10/4 - 12/23
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort 20% 15%
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites Only
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort 15% -
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort 15% 15%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter