December 2014 watch

Does anyone know if you book a Room Only Discount can you add the dining plan? I currently have a package booked with Room, Dining, and Tickets. Based on my dates it looks like Free Dining maybe exculuded (I was hoping for it), if they offer a Room Discount during my dates would they just apply the room discount to the package I already booked or do I need to cancel my current package and re-book for room only and then buy tickets seperataly and pay out of pocket for food? I hope that makes sense. :goodvibes
You can add regular priced dining to your existing booking. Just go to my disney experience and add your room only reservation number, and you can add your dining and tickets.
You cannot stack discounts, so if they end up offering free dining you'll need to call to cancel one reservation and apply your deposit to the new reservation.

Note that we got a BB offer for moderate resort for Dec 2014 but we're also waiting for the free dining dates to come out. We have not added park tickets or dining because it would change the cancellation date from 5 days prior to first day of reservation to 45 days prior to first day of reservation. So we've only kept the room for now.

Hope this helps.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled!! Stay dec 1-8th. This is our 2nd Christmas-time at disney. Went in 2012 and received free dining that out to the public. Just signed up for disney visa to hopefully get FD or discount!!! :bitelip:

OMG! I just changed our dates to the same ones. Dec 1-8. Hoping for FD but would take anything.

Free Dining for 2014 is a go.

The promo will likely be released to Disney Visa holders on Thursday, May 1st and to the public on Wednesday, May 7.

The likely dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included

This can be upgraded to regular plan for $18.65 per person per day ($3.20 for children).

All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Movies
All-Star Sports Resort
Art of Animation (Family Suites)
Pop Century Resort

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
Port Orleans Resort Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

Some resorts are excluded, such as Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

As I've said time and time again, if you want Free Dining and don't plan on going without it, DO NOT book your room before the day it's released. Disney gives Free Dining to fill rooms and if rooms are booked, then it's less likely it will be offered. Booking up resorts is also a good way for that particular resort to be excluded, as we saw in last Fall's Free Dining when an unprecedented number of resorts were not included on the promo. Additionally, the website often opens before the phone lines on release day. The only way to modify an existing reservation is by phone, which means online (new) bookings are getting a head start on rooms you may want.

Free Dining for 2014 is a go.

The promo will likely be released to Disney Visa holders on Thursday, May 1st and to the public on Wednesday, May 7.

The likely dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included

This can be upgraded to regular plan for $18.65 per person per day ($3.20 for children).

All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Movies
All-Star Sports Resort
Art of Animation (Family Suites)
Pop Century Resort

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
Port Orleans Resort Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

Some resorts are excluded, such as Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

As I've said time and time again, if you want Free Dining and don't plan on going without it, DO NOT book your room before the day it's released. Disney gives Free Dining to fill rooms and if rooms are booked, then it's less likely it will be offered. Booking up resorts is also a good way for that particular resort to be excluded, as we saw in last Fall's Free Dining when an unprecedented number of resorts were not included on the promo. Additionally, the website often opens before the phone lines on release day. The only way to modify an existing reservation is by phone, which means online (new) bookings are getting a head start on rooms you may want.

THANK YOU!

That is great information. Really excited about the Dec dates as it falls exactly on the dates I want to go.

I will be proposing to my girlfriend...so....

Any recommendations on where to stay? Im thinking of Caribbean beach or Animal Kingdom Lodge...

suggestions?

I think its absolutely amazing that Disney release the dates to the end of the year. Congrats to all who can take advantage of it. Really bummed for our plans though as our week is not included. Still hoping I might get a pin or perhaps a better than 10%RO discount.

If we are checking in Dec 8 and out on the 13, do we qualify for free dinning?

Second question: do dvc members/ rentals qualify for free dinning?

Im checking in dec 7-13 so does that mean i have to hope for a room discount and not free dining?

If we are checking in Dec 8 and out on the 13, do we qualify for free dinning?

Second question: do dvc members/ rentals qualify for free dinning?

Unfortunately, as it stands right now your check in date does not qualify for free dining. You can still hope for a RO discount or perhaps a Pin for FD. I'm in the same boat :sad:.

Unfortunately, as it stands right now your check in date does not qualify for free dining. You can still hope for a RO discount or perhaps a Pin for FD. I'm in the same boat :sad:.

:( maybe a pin!?! Or I'm renting some DVC points! :) thx!!

Im checking in dec 7-13 so does that mean i have to hope for a room discount and not free dining?

Room only is a distinct possibility or maybe a Pin for FD. I read on another thread that Pin's were released last year on the same day as the General Public offer. This year that would be May 7. There's still hope.

Would be nice to get a pin code for a room only discount. But alas, that has never happened in 15 years, so one doesn't have much hope for that.

Free Dining for 2014 is a go. The promo will likely be released to Disney Visa holders on Thursday, May 1st and to the public on Wednesday, May 7. The likely dates included are: August 31 - October 3 October 26 - November 1 November 9 - November 20 December 12 - December 23 Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included This can be upgraded to regular plan for $18.65 per person per day ($3.20 for children). All-Star Music Resort All-Star Movies All-Star Sports Resort Art of Animation (Family Suites) Pop Century Resort Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Carribean Beach Resort Coronado Springs Resort Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Port Orleans Resort Riverside Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Animal Kingdom Lodge Yacht & Beach Club Resorts BoardWalk Inn Contemporary Resort Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Polynesian Resort Wilderness Lodge Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Bay Lake Tower Animal Kingdom Villas Beach Club Villas BoardWalk Villas Old Key West Resort Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge Fort Wilderness Cabins Some resorts are excluded, such as Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party. As I've said time and time again, if you want Free Dining and don't plan on going without it, DO NOT book your room before the day it's released. Disney gives Free Dining to fill rooms and if rooms are booked, then it's less likely it will be offered. Booking up resorts is also a good way for that particular resort to be excluded, as we saw in last Fall's Free Dining when an unprecedented number of resorts were not included on the promo. Additionally, the website often opens before the phone lines on release day. The only way to modify an existing reservation is by phone, which means online (new) bookings are getting a head start on rooms you may want.
Where did u get this info?

Free Dining for 2014 is a go. The promo will likely be released to Disney Visa holders on Thursday, May 1st and to the public on Wednesday, May 7. The likely dates included are: August 31 - October 3 October 26 - November 1 November 9 - November 20 December 12 - December 23 Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included This can be upgraded to regular plan for $18.65 per person per day ($3.20 for children). All-Star Music Resort All-Star Movies All-Star Sports Resort Art of Animation (Family Suites) Pop Century Resort Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Carribean Beach Resort Coronado Springs Resort Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Port Orleans Resort Riverside Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Animal Kingdom Lodge Yacht & Beach Club Resorts BoardWalk Inn Contemporary Resort Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Polynesian Resort Wilderness Lodge Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Bay Lake Tower Animal Kingdom Villas Beach Club Villas BoardWalk Villas Old Key West Resort Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge Fort Wilderness Cabins Some resorts are excluded, such as Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party. As I've said time and time again, if you want Free Dining and don't plan on going without it, DO NOT book your room before the day it's released. Disney gives Free Dining to fill rooms and if rooms are booked, then it's less likely it will be offered. Booking up resorts is also a good way for that particular resort to be excluded, as we saw in last Fall's Free Dining when an unprecedented number of resorts were not included on the promo. Additionally, the website often opens before the phone lines on release day. The only way to modify an existing reservation is by phone, which means online (new) bookings are getting a head start on rooms you may want.
Well that stinks! Our dates are December 2nd-7th when will they release room discounts?

Well if this is true then it looks like we will be moving our dates from Dec to Oct 31 through Nov. 8th so we can do both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP.

I sure would love to do that, too. When is the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP?

The official dates should be released on May 5th I believe. The dates rumored as of now are the last MNSSHP date is Oct. 31st and the first MVMCP is Nov. 7th. So Oct. 31st falls within the free dining dates so we should get free dining for the whole trip. I just priced it out and the trip will cost us less and we are going for more nights! Now I just need to wait for the official dates to be announced for the parties and free dining to make sure my plan will work. :wizard:

If free dining is offered and we are going to be at staying at a villa that is rented with points, are we eligible?
I'm guessing no, but wanted to double check just in case.
Thanks!

Staying at BCR November 29-December 7 and was hoping for free dining but a 30% room discount would actually save me more. According to what I am seeing my dates are not included in FD, but still going to check it out tomorrow. Either one should save me $900+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter