December 2014 Car Rental Discount Watch

Thanks for reporting back! Enjoy your trip.
J

Lots of Chrysler 200's , Chevy Malibu's , Toyota Camry's , Hyundai Sonata's , Kia Optima, Nissan Altima's Lots to choose from, some more I am forgetting, didnt see any Fords .
Also, a few Town and Country Mini Vans, even a few Nissan Frontier 4 door pick-up trucks :confused3 . !
Well, that answers this question about the "quad cab" truck!

(Posted on another month's thread...but hoping to get an answer from somebody...)

Questions..
.Regarding Alamo Premier Pick up trucks...The ALAMO website sez "Dodge Quad Cab-(or similar)"...but the seating only shows 4......
Quad cab pick up trucks seat a minimum of 5...
Question 1
Has anyone here rented a truck from ALAMO recently?

and, if so...

Question B
...Was it a four door "Quad Cab?"

(I called the incredibly short-staffed and equally incredibly difficult to understand customer service folks...we know how that turned out though.)

JayHawks, if you need a minivan and you are arriving at MCO in the middle of the day you can rent from one of Budget's off-airport locations and return to MCO. For instance, the location on Landstreet has a minivan for $238 all-in using code X474200 and coupon MUWZ08. The downside is that the Landstreet location closes at 6:00.

ETA, the code is the "Travelocity" code and available for anyone to use. No proof is needed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Does anyone have a good way to get to the landstreet rental location? Is taxi the best way?

Does anyone have a good way to get to the landstreet rental location? Is taxi the best way?
Yes, take a taxi. The address is: 2125 W Landstreet Rd, Orlando, FL 32809 and you can plug that into here http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando to estimate taxi rates. It's only about 9 miles but it'll cost you about $30-$40.

If you're renting for more than a couple of days you should coupon "MUWZ107" to save another $20 off weekly rentals.

Another price drop for minivan rental from 12/13-12/20. Going thru AAA, both Dollar and Thrifty are $157/$158.

Just wanted to check in ............

We arrived yesterday, and rented with Alamo. Finally landed at MCO about 11:30pm. We opted for the "go straight to car" option. Its a nice feature ........DO IT !

So we had a Full size rental and wanted to report what was in the Full size Isle ..........

Ironically NO ford Fusions, like the reservation said , just lots of "or equivalents", lol :lmao: .

Lots of Chrysler 200's , Chevy Malibu's , Toyota Camry's , Hyundai Sonata's , Kia Optima, Nissan Altima's Lots to choose from, some more I am forgetting, didnt see any Fords .
Also, a few Town and Country Mini Vans, even a few Nissan Frontier 4 door pick-up trucks :confused3 .
After some deciding ........we finally settled on the last car in the aisle (probably, JUST parked, or it would have been gone already) , a brand new 2015 Volkswagen Passat TSI Turbo, Wolfsburg Edition. :cool1: . Didn't expect that one to be in the Full size aisle ! SCORE !!!

A mini van or a truck would have been the best choice to maximize the best value, but we certainly didnt need a truck, and minivan are not our thing anymore since the kids are grown , so the V-Dub it was !

Also, they DID NOT ask or even care about seeing our WDW annual pass for the discount ..................even asked him if he wanted to see it, and he said naaaaaaaaaaaaa ....... :lmao: Just needed the CC (visa for the $30. coupon) and my DL and we were off for 11 days in a brand new VW Passat for $158. ALL IN .

Good Luck to everyone else !

Hi Syndrome
How do you select "go straight to car" ? :confused3 I didn't see that option when I rented thru Alamo website? We have never used Alamo in Orlando. Thank You for taking time to answer!

Hi Syndrome
How do you select "go straight to car" ? :confused3 I didn't see that option when I rented thru Alamo website? We have never used Alamo in Orlando. Thank You for taking time to answer!

I was part of the check in procedure.
There was the online check in, then the option to go straight to car also.
We are Alamo insiders members, so they have all my info already, so maybe that is required for going straight to the cars ?
I know I had to give my CC number, and they run a $1. hold to make sure its valid ahead of time. My Alamo insiders already had my DL# , and all my "declined" insurance , fueling ,etc. choices.

If you can go straight to the car option, I highly recommend it ! No time wasted in any lines, and NO up sell on any BS .

Thanks Syndrome!

We will be headed to the Alamo full size aisle on Thursday morning. We did the online check in also... can't wait to see what we end up with!

Kathy

Just got back from our trip and thought I'd report back. We had a reservation for a standard car for $105 and one for a minivan for $168. We arrived at the rental cars at MCO at about 1pm. There were plenty of minivans in the full size aisle so we grabbed one of those while I went in to check us in for our standard reservation at the Kiosk. We got a minivan for 7 days for $105 all in! And the rates for the minivan stayed the same up until we arrived. I kept checking to see if it would drop more. I also used the annual pass discount as well as I believe a BJ's coupon which I was ready to show my proof but they never asked. They just needed my credit card and drivers license. This is the 3rd time I've used Alamo at MCO and they have never asked to see proof for any coupons.

Good luck everyone! Now I'm stalking the rentals for my January dates. Anyone know anything about Alamo at FLL (Ft Lauderdale Airport). We're doing a cruise in January but then renting a car for 3 days so we can drive to Disney for a little bit. :)

I was part of the check in procedure.
There was the online check in, then the option to go straight to car also.
We are Alamo insiders members, so they have all my info already, so maybe that is required for going straight to the cars ?
I know I had to give my CC number, and they run a $1. hold to make sure its valid ahead of time. My Alamo insiders already had my DL# , and all my "declined" insurance , fueling ,etc. choices.

If you can go straight to the car option, I highly recommend it ! No time wasted in any lines, and NO up sell on any BS .

Thank You for the info!! :thumbsup2

Arriving 12/22 - one week, last minute I MISS WDW as usual by now, but the rates on autos are KILLING ME.

Only time I can get away right now with dc.

Rates are over $400 a week!!! :(((( i'm crying.

Arriving 12/22 - one week, last minute I MISS WDW as usual by now, but the rates on autos are KILLING ME.

Only time I can get away right now with dc.

Rates are over $400 a week!!! :(((( i'm crying.

Follow these posts ...
You are going to SQEEEE! with excitement.

Go to Mousesavers, and take their Hertz link from here:
http://www.mousesavers.com/hertz-rental-car-discounts/

Midsize car (drumroll please) $245 all in!

What are your times?

I just tried it again, pick up at 6:00 pm drop off at 12:00 pm. I don't know how those times got in there. Pick up and drop off at noon, the same. Pick up and drop off at 6:00, the same. It fluctuates because I have also seen it at $400 for you dates. Try again now.

ETA: I figured it out. Take the SECOND link. It's a different code but it still says "CDP: MOUSESAVERS INC" as the discount on the reservation.

... and SQEEE along with BudBeerLady :). $286 for a mid-size, all in.

Follow these posts ...

... and SQEEE along with BudBeerLady :). $286 for a mid-size, all in.

Hi and thanks. I got 284! would like lower, but thank you thank you! going to try tomorrow also. THANK YOU Hugs

Well...still trying to work these rates down...but at least getting to a "tolerable" rate.
Alamo: "Premium" p/u at WDW Car Care Center
19th Dec 10 A
Drop off MCO
6 Jan 10AM
Using WDW APH code and Visa discount code
(Sometimes it takes 1, sometimes both)
$530. (Down from approx $1700 three weeks ago)

Arriving 12/19 departing 12/23. Lowest rate I can find is 202 all in w National. (found $168 somewhere else, can't remember where, but no Emerald aisle etc)...Any help is greatly appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter