December 2014 Car Rental Discount Watch

With Alamo, using the pass holder rate, and the $30. off Visa coupon, we are at ..........

$158.38 ALL IN , for 11 days in a full size at MCO (12/5-12/15). Pretty sure I am not doing better than that with a week to go .

That's a pretty good deal!

Got mine down as low as I'm guessing it will go as well. $309 plus a $20 Costco gift card bonus for 12/6-12/16 minivan with Alamo from MCO return.

In 2012 same dates/car type I was at $370 and 2013 was $345... So $289 all taxes and fees in I am thrilled with.

This was a Thanksgiving deal for the GC.

@Dblethefun -- I urge you to try Dollar. A Minivan for your dates is $143/ $203 with all taxes.

I normally hate dollar... and if memory serves, arent they off site (Its been years since I have rented from them so I could be wrong)... do they have a bypass the line system like Alamo/National? We have 2 families renting cars, and 10 people total... after a 6 hour flight we want to get in the car and get to the resort... lines will probably break our hubbies!!! But if I can save another hundred and the process is the same- I may be persuaded! Codes needed? Or just regular rate?

Dollar is on site. I haven't used them at MCO, but have had no problems in California or Atlanta.

Here is the link to show on site and off site

http://www.orlandoairports.net/transport/rental_cars.htm

Thanks Andrea. It turned out that once they added the mandatory fees with Dollar it only saved just under $10 from our Costco GC Alamo reservation so Im not going to bother moving the car... but THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for spotting that... Im going to keep an eye on it and try to spot a discount code or two over the next couple days and see if I can get it lower!

Every time I try to book through Costco, I get a higher price than going through the Alamo site with id 675899 (Costco). :confused3 Maybe it's because I'm booking a minivan.

I normally hate dollar... and if memory serves, arent they off site (Its been years since I have rented from them so I could be wrong)... do they have a bypass the line system like Alamo/National? We have 2 families renting cars, and 10 people total... after a 6 hour flight we want to get in the car and get to the resort... lines will probably break our hubbies!!! But if I can save another hundred and the process is the same- I may be persuaded! Codes needed? Or just regular rate?

I've used Dollar many times at MCO. It's at the terminal. If you sign up for dollar express you won't have to stop at the rental counter. Cars are pre-assigned, but I've asked for a different car a couple of times and if one is available they've let me change.

Used Dollar in Ft. Myers last week and they let me pick out any car from the aisle of the car type I had reserved (like National does with Emerald Aisle).

Picked up our rental from Alamo on Thursday and they were very easy to work with. Had reserved a standard car but there were multiple minivans in the aisle that we could choose from.

Picked up our rental from Alamo on Thursday and they were very easy to work with. Had reserved a standard car but there were multiple minivans in the aisle that we could choose from.

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back. I'll be picking up from them Tuesday and I'm hoping there's minivans in the standard aisle then. ;) What time did you pick up? I should be arriving around 12:30pm.

Just in case any one wants to look - Alamo has last minute deals for the week of 12/7.

Dropped by price by $10.00 from what I thought was a good price - Sunday through Friday keep.

I am failing miserably at this! I booked in September when we bought our tickets but I cannot get below $400 for Dec 22-27 because I am not staying over a Saturday. We have to come back on Saturday for the dog/house sitter so I cannot change that. This is painful!!!!!! Any one find anything decent for those dates? Thanks!

I am failing miserably at this! I booked in September when we bought our tickets but I cannot get below $400 for Dec 22-27 because I am not staying over a Saturday. We have to come back on Saturday for the dog/house sitter so I cannot change that. This is painful!!!!!! Any one find anything decent for those dates? Thanks!
That really sucks!

Best I can find right now is Dollar using the "Orlando MagicCard" discount "oi1054" midsize $307. I'll try to dig some more for you. What are your pick up and drop off times?

ETA, Advantage is $288 all-in. It's not the best agency and you'll need to take a shuttle, but it's cheaper.

Does this work the same as national? reserve a standard and get what is in the aisle? I am an insider member does that entitle me to this? So confused!!!!

It's not what you are or are not doing - I have been trying to book 12/18-23 for a few weeks now and pretty much the best I can get is in the high $200 range. I think I just missed the good rates by a few days, based on some of the comments I've seen. We don't NEED a car so if the rates don't come down, it's ok, but it would be nice.

You are going to SQEEEE! with excitement.

Go to Mousesavers, and take their Hertz link from here:
http://www.mousesavers.com/hertz-rental-car-discounts/

Midsize car (drumroll please) $245 all in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter