December 2013 Pin Code Watch

So, I WAS excited to book our trip officially, however, now that I've gotten off the phone with Disney, I am so upset. We have always been able to get at least a AAA discount if nothing else was available, but the CM indicated (and even called on someone else to double check) that there are no AAA discounts available for the majority of our dates - if nothing else comes through, we are definitely going to have to change resorts, maybe even offsite :scared1:

He was able to apply it the first night, 12/19. He said that they are not offering it for the remaining nights because of how close it is to the holiday - I truly hope that doesn't mean that discounts will be structured the same way when/if released.

Disney has no trouble filling rooms over Christmas, so unfortunately, the chances aren't very good for a discount during that time.

Disney has no trouble filling rooms over Christmas, so unfortunately, the chances aren't very good for a discount during that time.

Yeah I have wrapped my mind around the fact that I will not be getting a discount, our first 7 nights are off site at a resort and then 3 nights at POFQ 12/28 to 12/31. Oh well:sad::surfweb:

Changing date due to FD pin email...
Check in Tues, Dec 3rd
Check out Fri, Dec 13th

:cool1: 10 NTS/ 11 days - 7 day park pass/3 days Free days no parks:cool1:

Yes, I knew this, however, with us being there before the holiday, I did think that we might be able to at minimum use our AAA discount. Historically, there have been discounts offered through the 21st or so.

So we called & nothing's linked to our names. :sad2:
Wonder if that means we won't get an email at all now. :confused3

I decided to call last night too and nothing :( Oh well, I switched resorts so for now, I'll think of it as a discount :)

Yes, I knew this, however, with us being there before the holiday, I did think that we might be able to at minimum use our AAA discount. Historically, there have been discounts offered through the 21st or so.

It probably depends on where the weekend falls. This year the 20th is a Friday, so that may be why the discount was only good up to the 19th. Of course that doesn't make those insane holiday prices feel any better, lol.

YAY !!! PIN CODE ARRIVED !!!!
Switched from the September 'free-dining' to the Fall 'free-dining' .. will be going only for a short, short trip... November 17-21 !! POFQ here we come !!

I wanted to go the first week in December, but POP Warner will be there... yikes !!!

Can't wait to go and celebrate Boyfriends Birthday early !!

Also, Cast Member told me that the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts November 8th - so the decorations will be up and in full swing when I am there !! Woo-Hoo !!!

:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

Switched from the September 'free-dining' to the Fall 'free-dining' .. will be going only for a short, short trip... November 17-21 !! POFQ here we come !!

I wanted to go the first week in December, but POP Warner will be there... yikes !!!

Also, Cast Member told me that the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts November 8th - so the decorations will be up and in full swing when I am there !! Woo-Hoo !!!

Just curious...when did the pin arrive?

I found out yesterday !! I make a habit of calling Disney atleast once a week to see if there are ever any 'pin-codes' attached to my name!! They are able to look this up - if you are already in their system. I called ... and low and behold... I had a pin-code attached to my name !!! Woo-Hoo!!
You can call Disney, too, and find out if there is one attached to your name or anyone that is physically living at your address (husband, daughter, son, etc..)

Hope this helps !
Dawn

Hey!! Pop Warner is coming second week of December this year so a trip first week sounds like a great idea. :)

I found out yesterday !! I make a habit of calling Disney atleast once a week to see if there are ever any 'pin-codes' attached to my name!! They are able to look this up - if you are already in their system. I called ... and low and behold... I had a pin-code attached to my name !!! Woo-Hoo!!
You can call Disney, too, and find out if there is one attached to your name or anyone that is physically living at your address (husband, daughter, son, etc..)

Hope this helps !
Dawn

Great recommendation. I just called and found I have a PIN code attached to my account that runs through Dec 22 for free dining. Dec 22 is the date of our check in and they said it would be available for the whole trip (which is to the 31st). Awesome!

The dilemma is we have 5 people and had booked PO Riverside. They told me there are no rooms available there for the PIN for those dates that sleep 5, ugggh. Even though I already have a reserved room booked. They said they would have to cancel my current reservation and create a new one. Anyone ever get them to attach a PIN code to an existing reservation?

Okay, I should know the answer to this but I can't remember. If the pin is attached to my mom, whose address I currently share, but who is not going on the trip, can I use it? I feel like they wouldn't let me, but figured I'd ask here.

I always do mine online, but would like to find out if there is a PIN code attached to my name...what # do I call...thanks

Has anyone called, been told no PIN, and then received a PIN shortly thereafter? Or called again & been told yes?

If so, how much later did you get your PIN?

Yes. We had a reservation and they just added the free dining on.
I called and asked if I had a pin with my name (didn't get one through e-mail) and they said no. They checked all the names in the room- said nobody had one. I went back into my e- mail and checked junk mail- and it was in there!!!

Okay, I should know the answer to this but I can't remember. If the pin is attached to my mom, whose address I currently share, but who is not going on the trip, can I use it? I feel like they wouldn't let me, but figured I'd ask here.

Your feeling is right. They won't let you. She has to be on the trip to use the code.

Your feeling is right. They won't let you. She has to be on the trip to use the code.

while this is true 99% of the time, someone posted just a few days ago that they were able to do this, so I guess it depends on which CM you get on the other end of the phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter