• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2013 Pin Code Watch

I am new over here on DisBoards but loving it already. We too are in for December!!! 11/30 - 12/7 at WL. So excited and hoping for a good hotel discount...would even take free dining but rather the hotel discount!!

So excited. Our 2nd trip to the World...went April 2012.

Nice to "meet" everyone!!

Donna

Heading back to WL Dec 1-7. Hoping for a Pin, but not worried if we don't receive one.

Just chiming in to say that we will be at the Wilderness Lodge from Nov 30th to Dec 7th, or 8th. :)

This is my impression of what I fear is happening. I think Disney is not offering Free Dining this year because they feel the opening of the new Fantasyland is a big draw and they are spending quite a bit of money on the many future expansion plans.

Remember, that for the past few years Disney has said that they don't feel the need for deep discounts existed anymore and that they were be doing away with them. I think the time has come.

For December, they are in fact having Pop Warner a week later than usual (Dec 6 - 15). Free Dining usually starts the week after Pop Warner ends and normally lasts about 9 or 10 days. That would not work this year because it is too close to Christmas.

I fear that the best we will get is a room discount as we have seen so far this year. Unfortunately, for those of us that count on the Free Dining Offer to be able to afford our trips, we may be missing out on a trip this year. We stay at the All Star Resort, but the small 15% discount does not go far to help.

Fingers crossed and hoping for some pixie dust. :tink:

We're in for December 6th - 10th. First stay at the Wilderness Lodge! :thumbsup2

Just curious. we are going Dec 8-13 and was wondering what the discount was that you got last year? Was it room only or free dining? I'm getting ready to book.

Thanks

Just booked my DD's 3rd BDay trip!
12/1 -12/5 Polynesian
12/5 - 12/11 Beach Club

Fingers crossed that a PIN will come!!!!

I am new over here on DisBoards but loving it already. We too are in for December!!! 11/30 - 12/7 at WL. So excited and hoping for a good hotel discount...would even take free dining but rather the hotel discount!!

So excited. Our 2nd trip to the World...went April 2012.

Nice to "meet" everyone!!

Donna

Heading back to WL Dec 1-7. Hoping for a Pin, but not worried if we don't receive one.

Just chiming in to say that we will be at the Wilderness Lodge from Nov 30th to Dec 7th, or 8th. :)

:welcome:

Can not wait. Just booked trip for hubby and I to see the Christmas decorations Dec 8-13 at Pop. This will be our first Christmas trip.:cool1:

Getting nervous about December discounts. :(

Why? They typically don't come out until August or something.

Although I must say it seems like almost everyone on this thread has already booked their rooms. If WDW doesn't have trouble filling the rooms they will have no need to offer discounts.

Why? They typically don't come out until August or something.

Although I must say it seems like almost everyone on this thread has already booked their rooms. If WDW doesn't have trouble filling the rooms they will have no need to offer discounts.

I was thinking the same thing. We aren't going to book until we see what kind of promotions are offered. Wouldn't want to book and have Disney NOT send me a pin or promotion because I'm already booked! Or have them not do a promotion at all because they are already booked solid.

I didn't really think I had that freedom. Since my dates are during Christmas vacation I figured that the price could only get higher during that period. I'm not really expecting to secure a discount but thought that watching couldn't hurt either.

We are going with a total of 12 family members December1-6. I too am hoping for a discount,but wanted to secure 3 rooms at CR so decided it was better to go ahead and book. Budgeted for the rack rate so if I get the 30% off more spending $$$$. Haha.

Can not wait. Just booked trip for hubby and I to see the Christmas decorations Dec 8-13 at Pop. This will be our first Christmas trip.:cool1:

I will be going Dec 10-16 staying at Pop...Are you flying out of Dayton? I am and hope to meet you 2 at the best place on earth.:thumbsup2

Hi everyone :wave2: I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere and I missed it, but my bf and I are thinking of going December 7-14. I've only been once in December. Does anyone know historically what discounts have been offered around this time? I've seen that this is generally the time that the Pop Warner crew will be around and I've read that Disney doesn't offer discounts because of that. Is this true? And we're planning on staying at a moderate. Thank you!

I was trying to read all the post. We are going November 10 - November 15. Do they offer discounts during that time with a package booked?

I will be going Dec 10-16 staying at Pop...Are you flying out of Dayton? I am and hope to meet you 2 at the best place on earth.:thumbsup2

No we will be flying out of Akron Canton. We hope to get a good rate on airfair and a Disney discount.

We are planning to go 12/25-1/1. We've never gotten a discount before for these dates and would love one!

Hi everyone :wave2: I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere and I missed it, but my bf and I are thinking of going December 7-14. I've only been once in December. Does anyone know historically what discounts have been offered around this time? I've seen that this is generally the time that the Pop Warner crew will be around and I've read that Disney doesn't offer discounts because of that. Is this true? And we're planning on staying at a moderate. Thank you!

There's a chart on the mousesavers website.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart

Does anybody know, do you need to use the Disney Visa in order to get the discount? I have a Disney Visa, but I'm curious if I can simply give the number to get the discount but not use it :confused3?

Does anybody know, do you need to use the Disney Visa in order to get the discount? I have a Disney Visa, but I'm curious if I can simply give the number to get the discount but not use it :confused3?

I was able to get the Disney Visa discount applied to a room only reservation without having to put any charges on it. I had already paid the deposit using a different Visa card when I made the reservation a few months earlier. The CM gave me the discount and didn't ask me to pay more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter