December 2013 Check in Thread Post your travel dates and hotel here

Thanks Liza and Sherry E for the kind words!

Hey Janet and all you Disneyland fans here is some news on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.....Miceage's latest weekly photo report shows that they are running trains on big thunder. They are currently putting it through tests where they place this white board on the train and it extends out like guests when they reach their arms out of the trains while riding. Pics are found their weekly report. Could this be the hope of something good??

http://micechat.com/41273-oswald-moves-in-for-a-limited-time-at-disneyland-resort/

You are welcome, KCmike! And welcome to the December Check In thread! Love seeing you here.

We just finalized our details for December. We'll be going for New Years Eve silly season - December 20-January 2. We had it before Christmas, then our nephew was getting married and now they called it off so I could change it back to before Christmas, but we'll leave it just the way it is. Can't wait!

So excited, DH just announce we are going to DL in December..whoot, whoot:banana: We are going 12/27-1/2 staying at BW Meridian. So excited...not telling our DD until Christmas Day...after we open presents, then we leave. MM for two days....:santa:

If anyone is still looking for accommodations, we have an extra week our family won't be using. 2 bed/2 bath at dolphin's cove down harbor. It's for Dec 21-28, but they told us it could be broken up into 3 and 4 days for 2 different families. PM me.

Welcome to nickapoohiluvu, Cavners5 & MamaChelle to the December Check In thread! I have added all of your ravel information to the first post.

We just finalized our details for December. We'll be going for New Years Eve silly season - December 20-January 2. We had it before Christmas, then our nephew was getting married and now they called it off so I could change it back to before Christmas, but we'll leave it just the way it is. Can't wait!

Sad about your nephew, but at least it worked in your favor. You will need the extra time at this most busy time of the year. You have a merry time. If you want your hotel info added, please post it here. ;)

So excited, DH just announce we are going to DL in December..whoot, whoot:banana: We are going 12/27-1/2 staying at BW Meridian. So excited...not telling our DD until Christmas Day...after we open presents, then we leave. MM for two days....:santa:

Sound like a perfect Christmas Holiday. Your daughter will be so excited when she finds out about your DLR Holiday trip.

!!! December 5-15 !!!
Split Stay: 5-8 Ramada Maingate 8-15 Desert Inn :)

Oh the fun you will have! You picked a good time to go, since early in December has fewer guests. You have have a blast!

We are on the sleigh for Dec 4-7 and staying at Park Vue, (unless we get a wild streak and prices for the DLH or GHC run promo).

This will be the first year both DSs will be out of the stroller and totally on foot, so we went for proximity first--after declaring that FFI would be our new off-prop hotel. I know it's just a few more minutes down the road, but to a 5 year old at 9 p.m., that is just a few minutes more than I want to gamble on! And it's our first time going a la carte without a vacation package from Disney--so while i have a reservation and will buy park hoppers from AAA locally, it still feels a little 'unofficial'.

new plans for us this year is to catch the WOC and hopefully take a holiday walking tour. Does anyone know if there is any special recognition of Walt's Birthday in the park on Dec 5? I'd love to do something to mark mine with his good company :)

You should try to take your nephew with you to take his mind off the lack of wedding ....

Wednesday-Monday, December 4-9. So excited!!! :yay:

My daughter (16) is traveling with her high school marching band to perform in the Christmas parade. That weekend is also my mom's birthday, so my mom and I are driving down to see the parade and have a moms-only time at the park.

Mum and I are staying at the Convention Center Marriott, my mom has a client in Marriott management and was able to get us a rate of $89! I'd much rather stay at a Disney property, but you can't beat $89 rate for a full-service hotel, so no complaining here!

I can't remember where the band stays, but I know it's a suite property about a block from the entrance.

I'm working Wednesday until 1:00 (early release day at school), driving straight to the airport to pick up my mom who flies in at 1:30, and we're hitting I-5 south! :car: Our goal is to arrive at the hotel by 8:00 with a stop for dinner (driving from Sacramento). We're not going to the park on Wednesday, just grabbing our tickets and spending some time at Downtown Disney. :earboy2:

We will be in the parks Thursday through Sunday, driving home Monday. Saturday is my mum's birthday so I'm going to try to get Fantasmic Reserved Seating and we'll plan to see the Holiday version of World of Color on Sunday after the band heads home.

If you're at Disneyland on Friday, December 6 - look for my daughter in the parade, she's the piccolo player on the end (there are only two). pixiedust:pixiedust:

Dec 8-14 PP, I graduated college and my four year old girls first time. Sad I can't afford DLH...
The DLH is awesome, but I'm sure you'll love the PP! With your new degree, hopefully you'll be able to afford the DLH for a future trip and by then you'll want to go for a more resort-ey sort of trip! Its always easier to upgrade for future trips than downgrade ...

Congrats on graduating!

Does anyone know if there is any special recognition of Walt's Birthday in the park on Dec 5? I'd love to do something to mark mine with his good company :)
We were in WDW last year on Dec 5 (my party's birthdays last year were on the 3rd, 4th and 8th, this year my party's birthday days are on the 5th and 8th) and they didn't do anything special. It would be nice if they did in his home park.

A warm welcome to codycpreston, lorieintucson, and nordey to the December Check In thread! I have added your travel information to the list.

Dec 8-14 PP, I graduated college and my four year old girls first time. Sad I can't afford DLH...

Congrats on graduating! An accomplishment you should be very proud of. You sill have a great time at the PPH and enjoy the Holiday decor there. How exciting for your little 4 year. You both will have a blast.

We are on the sleigh for Dec 4-7 and staying at Park Vue, (unless we get a wild streak and prices for the DLH or GHC run promo).

This will be the first year both DSs will be out of the stroller and totally on foot, so we went for proximity first--after declaring that FFI would be our new off-prop hotel. I know it's just a few more minutes down the road, but to a 5 year old at 9 p.m., that is just a few minutes more than I want to gamble on! And it's our first time going a la carte without a vacation package from Disney--so while i have a reservation and will buy park hoppers from AAA locally, it still feels a little 'unofficial'.

new plans for us this year is to catch the WOC and hopefully take a holiday walking tour. Does anyone know if there is any special recognition of Walt's Birthday in the park on Dec 5? I'd love to do something to mark mine with his good company :)

Yeah, I don't think they do anything in the Parks for Walt's birthday. I wish they would. I get how you may feel this trip is a little 'unofficial', but some needs outweigh others. Do the AAA tickets give the Magic Morning Hours entry? If so, that will help tons to making the most to your vacation.

Wednesday-Monday, December 4-9. So excited!!! :yay:

My daughter (16) is traveling with her high school marching band to perform in the Christmas parade. That weekend is also my mom's birthday, so my mom and I are driving down to see the parade and have a moms-only time at the park.

Mum and I are staying at the Convention Center Marriott, my mom has a client in Marriott management and was able to get us a rate of $89! I'd much rather stay at a Disney property, but you can't beat $89 rate for a full-service hotel, so no complaining here!

I can't remember where the band stays, but I know it's a suite property about a block from the entrance.

I'm working Wednesday until 1:00 (early release day at school), driving straight to the airport to pick up my mom who flies in at 1:30, and we're hitting I-5 south! :car: Our goal is to arrive at the hotel by 8:00 with a stop for dinner (driving from Sacramento). We're not going to the park on Wednesday, just grabbing our tickets and spending some time at Downtown Disney. :earboy2:

We will be in the parks Thursday through Sunday, driving home Monday. Saturday is my mum's birthday so I'm going to try to get Fantasmic Reserved Seating and we'll plan to see the Holiday version of World of Color on Sunday after the band heads home.

If you're at Disneyland on Friday, December 6 - look for my daughter in the parade, she's the piccolo player on the end (there are only two). pixiedust:pixiedust:

How exciting to have your daughter in the parade, making a Holiday trip to DLR a very special one. And you can't beat $89/night. I have stayed at the Convention Center Marriott for the D23 Expo. It is a very nice hotel and I liked staying there.

We will visiting Disneyland Dec. 19-21st....and staying at the CCI. It has been 6 years since we have gone at Christmas time....so excited!! Love all of the holiday decorations and the whole festive atmosphere!!:santa:

We will visiting Disneyland Dec. 19-21st....and staying at the CCI. It has been 6 years since we have gone at Christmas time....so excited!! Love all of the holiday decorations and the whole festive atmosphere!!:santa:

Welcome to the December Check In thread and to DISboards! I have added your hotel and ravel dates to the list. Six years is along time since your last visit to DLR during the Holidays. I don't think I could wait hat long between visits. ;) You will enjoy this trip, I am sure.

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself :cool1: We will be going Dec 8th-14th and staying at PPH (which is our home away from home). This trip it will be my Mom who is celebrating her Birthday (a lady never reveals her age :cutie:) my Brother who is celebrating his 21st Birthday. My boyfriend of 11 years and myself who will be celebrating life :cheer2: (long story short I was involved in a rare accident in which it should/could have taken my life.:littleangel:) I am still dealing with everything from the accident (happened less then 6 months ago) Dentist and Doctor appointments every other week.

This trip was a surprise from a family member who wanted to see us all smile and to give us a reprieve from everything. We are all counting down this trip and know it will magical:wizard:. We love this time of year and I for one can't wait to walk down Main Street.

All of the December travelers who will be staying onsite at one of the 3 Disneyland Resort hotels (or who would just like to visit them and soak up the holiday atmosphere) may be interested in this week's Theme Week in the Disneyland at Christmas Time/Holiday Season Superthread.

The theme for the week is the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and it begins in this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49579865&postcount=1612. More photos will roll in from people over the course of the week.

If you've never stayed onsite during the holidays you may want to see what the decor is like, and if you have stayed onsite during the season you may have photos to share for Theme Week!

We will be visiting December 6th - 12th, staying at PPH. Last 2 visits, we stayed at DLH. Hoping to do the Holiday Tour, and hoping to not run into too much trouble trying to avoid CP. Also hoping to ride the Lilly Belle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter