• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently planning to be at HS on 12/05. Really excited to see the Osborne Lights. Anyway, just noticed that HS is closing early (7pm) that night for the POP Warner kids event. Curious what time they start the Osborne Lights and if we would have adequate time to see them before close. Also, if the PW crowds would start arriving early and effect things.

This is what Josh at EasyWDW had to say:
6/12/12 Update: Epcot hours extended to 9am to 10:30pm on December 26, 27, 28, 29, and 30. Hollywood Studios close moved from 8pm to 7pm on December 5th. Note that it’s possible Disney will move the close to 5pm or 6pm, which may mean no Osborne Lights or Fantasmic. If those shows are important and you can’t Park Hop on another day to see them, then you may want to schedule the Studios on another night. It’s expected that the Studios will host the Pop Warner Party on the 5th. Last year, Hollywood Studios closed at 5pm to accommodate it, which is obviously too early for Fantasmic or Osborne Lights.

I knew this was coming early on, so I switched DHS to a different day. I didn't want to take the chance.

Great Post !! Love it...In my opinion, one of the 2 best times of the year to go. October for MNNSHP and Food and Wine and period between Thanksgiving and Christmas (early December). I will be there with DW and also our DGD8 and DGD9. This will be theie first times to WDW and our first time using our DVC points at the VWL. Figured it was about time we invested in this as we certainly spend enough money there the old fashioned way......

Our projected highlight will be us grand-parents crying as our special needs GD9 lights up, screams with joy and points to Cinderella Castle which she has talked about for several years. Also, our combination BBB and Lunch at the Castle so she can see her favorite Disney character, Cinderella who has been on her wall since she was a baby.......... we have our box of kleenex ready to go - I am sure our eyes will be filled with tears of joy several times during this trip.....a little girls heart is going to be lifted alot as she is going to have some of her dreams come true......thats our Christmas Gift..!!!! Love you all !!!!!! cant wait to share our experiences with you folks afterwards.....See ya

Can't wait to hear about it! It sounds absolutely wonderful!!! And the best Christmas gift of all.

Good Morning December friends. I think the roll call is updated, but if I missed something please let me know.

I was just checking out some entries on the Disney Parks Blog and this post showed a Duffy pin that will be released for MVMCP. Just got me excited. Not that I really care about Duffy, but just that this kinda stuff is in the works! Yay!!

Good Morning December friends. I think the roll call is updated, but if I missed something please let me know.

I was just checking out some entries on the Disney Parks Blog and this post showed a Duffy pin that will be released for MVMCP. Just got me excited. Not that I really care about Duffy, but just that this kinda stuff is in the works! Yay!!

I am down right opposed to Duffy cuz I think they are using him in the attempts to someday evict Figment. But the pins are pretty cool. And since buying event specific merchandise is almost an illness with me, I will probably buy the pins.

Christmas at Disney, there's nothing better!! We're in for Dec. 1-8 and either staying at POP or BWI....depends on any discounts offered !! :)

I am down right opposed to Duffy cuz I think they are using him in the attempts to someday evict Figment. But the pins are pretty cool. And since buying event specific merchandise is almost an illness with me, I will probably buy the pins.

We've become reluctant Duffy fans. On one of our trips, Mousekeeping accidentally took DS's beloved Blue Bear. He didn't survive the laundry. So DS received Duffy as a replacement, with a note from Mickey, of course. :thumbsup2

If you are flying, when are you planning on purchasing flights??? I'm so torn on flight prices and I'm thinking we'll end up driving (10 hours with 1-2 stops included). Both times from our local airport (45 minutes away) to MCO we've gotten roundtrip for $135 and $150. Right now, our flights have held since they came out at cheapest $297/pp roundtrip... If we drive 2.5hrs away, we can fly for $195/pp roundtrip... I'm wondering if prices will drop or not... We fly out November 26 and back December 5.

If you are flying, when are you planning on purchasing flights??? I'm so torn on flight prices and I'm thinking we'll end up driving (10 hours with 1-2 stops included). Both times from our local airport (45 minutes away) to MCO we've gotten roundtrip for $135 and $150. Right now, our flights have held since they came out at cheapest $297/pp roundtrip... If we drive 2.5hrs away, we can fly for $195/pp roundtrip... I'm wondering if prices will drop or not... We fly out November 26 and back December 5.

We're driving from NC. I think it'll end up being about 12 hours with stops. Even if I wanted to pay for plane tickets, I don't want to deal with 2 children on a plane! LOL I hope you find some cheaper flights!!

It's closer to 15 hours from StL so we are flying...haven't purchased tix yet, though......probably within the next month or so. We plan to fly out dec 8 and return dec 17. I sort of wanted to get the trip payed off before actually committing to the airfare. For us it looks like the best deal is SW and $282-$360 each depending on the times. Fortunately it's only dh and myself.

G

Our projected highlight will be us grand-parents crying as our special needs GD9 lights up, screams with joy and points to Cinderella Castle which she has talked about for several years. Also, our combination BBB and Lunch at the Castle so she can see her favorite Disney character, Cinderella who has been on her wall since she was a baby.......... we have our box of kleenex ready to go - I am sure our eyes will be filled with tears of joy several times during this trip.....a little girls heart is going to be lifted alot as she is going to have some of her dreams come true......thats our Christmas Gift..!!!! Love you all !!!!!! cant wait to share our experiences with you folks afterwards.....See ya

You make my heart sing! Christmas is such a wonderful time of year to begin with. Christmas at Disney with all of the wonder and splendor surrounded by family is :cloud9: Add your little DGD, princess: oh skip it...now I am crying.

I totally understand how it is to be a grandparent enjoying Disney through your precious grandchild's eyes. Please come back with pictures for us :grouphug:

I'd like to share a little story with you. Last night, my sister was over. And she has always given me and BDLsgal grief for choosing to go to Disney, instead of going on the random cruises that her, my sister-in-law, my folks, and other family members and friends, like to go on. To the point where she literally said "Why do you go down in Decemeber? There's nothing to do in December." So, last night, I had BDLsgal show her the itinerary that I had come up with, for our trip. Her response was priceless. The symphony of "Oooohs and Ahhhhhs" was music. Then she got to the part where I printed out the menus of the restaurants we were going to. You'd think she was ordering her last meal from death row the way she was looking at it. Same thing with the cocktails and wine lists. But the cherry on top, was when I got my Kindle Fire (thanks LIL) and showed her youtube's of Osbourne Lights and the Castle lighting. Her response was AWESOME. My sister, who has never been wrong or mistaken in her life said "If you guys are going in 2014, we'll consider going."

:lmao: :rotfl: :woohoo: :cool1:

My sister is the same way. She finally went with her DH and her DMIL and stayed off site. I had created a plan and made ADR's for them trying to be considerate of her DMIL (she is elderly and no matter who pays for the meal she cannot get past the prices. She will order soup and say it is too expensive to eat) but honestly, I should have gone with them. They were totally lost and knew it.

My beloved DBIL passed away last year so there is no way to get her back to Disney for a while but we plan on a girls trip and will stay at AKL. She will love it at CHristmas time!

I'm thinking that once BOG opens up for ADRs that there will be some openings for CRT for sure.

I think that you are correct. WIth CRT 2 TS credits adding another Castle meal might not work for some families and given the choice a new Castle is :yay:

My DD is already complaining that I plan too many meals and when I told her we needed to make sure we had lunch and dinner at BOG she kind of lost it :rotfl: I guess for some folks Disney is not about eating at all of the restaurants.there are attractions that need to be part of the touring plan :confused3

I paid our airfare several weeks ago. As soon as Southwest released fares we booked. If the price goes down we will get a credit but we were able to get 5 RT tix for $1298. We fly out of Bradley and that is the best price we have seen in a very long time.

This trip is the first time I ever bought my flight before booking my room. I had started watching flight prices from early Nov thru Dec and when I saw I could buy flights for the times I wanted, 1 st flight out in the am and last flight home for $110 pp tax incl non stop($220 RT) I snatched them up knowing I most likely would not do any better this was May 3rd.

This trip is the first time I ever bought my flight before booking my room. I had started watching flight prices from early Nov thru Dec and when I saw I could buy flights for the times I wanted, 1 st flight out in the am and last flight home for $110 pp tax incl non stop($220 RT) I snatched them up knowing I most likely would not do any better this was May 3rd.

That first flight is the best for us too! We have not gotten it in a while so we are tickled! Booked it as soon as we saw it.

We waited for SW to book our airfare and got 4 roundtrips from PHL for $1194, nonstop. The fact that bags are included are a bonus for us. I was pricing a trip from Atlantic City on Spirit for a quick trip in Aug. The airfare could be $550 for all 4 round trip...then add in choosing seats and paying for bags and it is over $700. Still a great deal, but I hate the fees!

We are flying out of Bradley too. Jet blue non stop $250 rt. I booked the day the fares came out back in March.
Flight out at 7 am...return flight at 6 pm. :thumbsup2

Same flights are around $400 rt now. :scared1:

I'd like to share a little story with you. Last night, my sister was over. And she has always given me and BDLsgal grief for choosing to go to Disney, instead of going on the random cruises that her, my sister-in-law, my folks, and other family members and friends, like to go on. To the point where she literally said "Why do you go down in Decemeber? There's nothing to do in December." So, last night, I had BDLsgal show her the itinerary that I had come up with, for our trip. Her response was priceless. The symphony of "Oooohs and Ahhhhhs" was music. Then she got to the part where I printed out the menus of the restaurants we were going to. You'd think she was ordering her last meal from death row the way she was looking at it. Same thing with the cocktails and wine lists. But the cherry on top, was when I got my Kindle Fire (thanks LIL) and showed her youtube's of Osbourne Lights and the Castle lighting. Her response was AWESOME. My sister, who has never been wrong or mistaken in her life said "If you guys are going in 2014, we'll consider going."

:lmao: :rotfl: :woohoo: :cool1:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Hey everyone...can you tell me the best way to figure up a total? DH is asking about adding 2-3 days to our trip!! I knew we wouldn't be satisfied with 8d/7n. I should've just booked it way back when! :rotfl: If anyone can give me an estimate, that would be great!! There are 2 adults & 2 kids. (12 & 9yo)

We are staying in a Poly garden view room 12/4-12/11, but would like to look at changing it to 12/4-12/13. We are on the deluxe DP & have basic MYW tickets (no PH, etc..) We did get the 30% off code. I can easily call WDW in the next few days to find out the costs, but I thought someone might be able to help me with the figures. (And Disney doesn't answer the phone at midnight!) :laughing: TIA :)

.......My DD is already complaining that I plan too many meals and when I told her we needed to make sure we had lunch and dinner at BOG she kind of lost it :rotfl: I guess for some folks Disney is not about eating at all of the restaurants.there are attractions that need to be part of the touring plan :confused3

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

We waited for SW to book our airfare and got 4 roundtrips from PHL for $1194, nonstop. The fact that bags are included are a bonus for us. I was pricing a trip from Atlantic City on Spirit for a quick trip in Aug. The airfare could be $550 for all 4 round trip...then add in choosing seats and paying for bags and it is over $700. Still a great deal, but I hate the fees!

when i booked my flight, i compared southwest to airtran. airtran was cheaper. even after i added the bag fee, and picked my seats [didn't wanna get stuck in the far back or wait for everyone with carry on to get off] it came to the same price as southwest without picking seats. i think sw already adds the bag fee to the price then says they don't charge extra cause its already in the price. :sad2:

We arrive early Dec 4th by charter bus to ASMusic for 4 nights. We're performing in the CP that week. We Depart LATE Dec 8th with AP's in hand for a return trip either in March or May/June. :banana::thumbsup2

We're really looking forward to all the Christmas Decorations and hopefully doing MVMCP. :)

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter