**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flight is booked! There should be a *zoom* smilie! I see that Southwest has changed their baggage policy to only allow 2 free checked bags for 4 people :scared:, so I guess we will pack the kids' clothes in with ours.

We have a mid-afternoon flight on Friday and a mid-morning flight on our departure day. Both are non-stop, and I paid for early check-in for my peace of mind. We probably won't need it going down there, but they don't let you pick and choose which leg of the flight you want it for.:confused3

I am crying a little on the inside. :sad1: SW flights are at the time I want and the price I was hoping for!!! Problem is I had signed up for their credit card to get the bonus points, so we could fly for free. Bonus points wont be in my account until July!!!!!!!!! :scared1: Tried to convince DH to pay for these tickets and then fly somewhere next year with the bonus points, but it didnt work. He wants to drive so the free flights were the only way he was flying. Crossing my fingers that the flights are still there when I can book them. And yes, I will check the website everyday to check if the points are there.

Just catching up. I bought our APs before the increase. :banana: (it makes me ridiculously happy to have APs.)

I'm waiting on flights until about 3 1/2 months out. That's usually the best prices and being in DC we have plenty of airports/airlines for choices. Overall prices are looking pretty good though. Definitely better than last year.

Question - has anyone made ADRs yet? I read on another thread that people were having trouble booking Epcot ADRs because of ressies held back for CP dining package (usually released at the end of July). I'm assuming some ressies will still be available. Anyone have any luck? For once, we actually want to get LE Cellier. I'll be really frustrated if I can't do it on Wed.

I see that Southwest has changed their baggage policy to only allow 2 free checked bags for 4 people :scared:, so I guess we will pack the kids' clothes in with ours.

Where did you find that info? I'm looking at SW's site and can't find it anywhere :confused3

Just bought our flights (OAK-MCO) and made most of our ADRs through the 11th. We could not book Coral Reef because they are waiting for CP dates to load but all others got exactly the time we wanted. :thumbsup2

Now the only thing left is to book the Maui-OAK part of the flight on Alaska, but when I realized how much it was I signed up for a Alaska Airlines credit card since they have a $99 companion fare on any RT, including Hawaii. Just have to wait 4-6 weeks for that companion certificate to be available in my account.

Where did you find that info? I'm looking at SW's site and can't find it anywhere :confused3

Oh, I need to know that, too. I just bought five tickets for our family.

My2Qtz0205, can you let us know where you found that? This is all it said on my email confirmation "Baggage Allowance:
Southwest allows two (2) checked pieces of baggage per ticketed Customer. Size and weight limitations apply."

Thanks!

Yeah...... if you're paying for a seat, how can they penalize you for being part of a group? You could just disown part of your group.

Would you happen to know what happens if you have a package booked?..

We have put down our deposit but nothing more yet so will they change the package price they quoted me?

Nope, you have locked in 'old' ticket prices. Just don't cancel and then rebook!

Would it be considered cancelling if free dinning comes out and you want to have that... Don't they cancel the reservations and then rebook it with the promo package??

Would it be considered cancelling if free dinning comes out and you want to have that... Don't they cancel the reservations and then rebook it with the promo package??

We did this last year, even changed dates from October to December and did not have a ticket price increase.

Just bought our flights (OAK-MCO) and made most of our ADRs through the 11th. We could not book Coral Reef because they are waiting for CP dates to load but all others got exactly the time we wanted. :thumbsup2

So you weren't able to book the Epcot restaurant at all? Is this normal for this time of year? Did they say when you could book it?

As some of you know, I have been having trouble getting definitive answers from the in-laws about ADR's. Well, yesterday, I sent out a T-minus 7days email notice. I included some testimonials of people that have been trying to book ADR's in late Nov and nothing being available. And, yes... I did try to add a dash of guilt. Sure enough, I got a reply. 2 quotes stand out, both from LIL. The 1st one, very sensible, insightful and logical. the 2nd... More of a STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS... type statement.

"Book what you want at whatever restaurant you want as long as SIL gets to Epcot and also gets to see Chip and Dale. One thing you may think about is if we have a lot of something at home ie Italian Food you may not want to overbook those type of restaurants"

And...

"As for myself one of the things I looked most forward to with this vacation was NOT having to plan it or really anything about it – Just tell me how much, where and when"

There it is. I have carte blanche. Now I can start planning (and re-planning and re-re-planning) the ADR's and my hands will be completely clean.

And isn't it funny, that we plan our days at the parks around where we are eating and not vice/versa.

As some of you know, I have been having trouble getting definitive answers from the in-laws about ADR's. Well, yesterday, I sent out a T-minus 7days email notice. I included some testimonials of people that have been trying to book ADR's in late Nov and nothing being available. And, yes... I did try to add a dash of guilt. Sure enough, I got a reply. 2 quotes stand out, both from LIL. The 1st one, very sensible, insightful and logical. the 2nd... More of a STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS... type statement.

"Book what you want at whatever restaurant you want as long as SIL gets to Epcot and also gets to see Chip and Dale. One thing you may think about is if we have a lot of something at home ie Italian Food you may not want to overbook those type of restaurants"

And...

"As for myself one of the things I looked most forward to with this vacation was NOT having to plan it or really anything about it – Just tell me how much, where and when"

There it is. I have carte blanche. Now I can start planning (and re-planning and re-re-planning) the ADR's and my hands will be completely clean.

And isn't it funny, that we plan our days at the parks around where we are eating and not vice/versa.

Save that email!! :rotfl: I asked DH this weekend if he wanted to pick any restaurants or at least look at the menus. He said I want the Italian place (Tutto) and as long as there's a burger on the menu, I'll be fine. Le Chefs is one I am thinking about that I know he wouldnt like, but there is a burger on the menu!!!! :thumbsup2

Just bought our park tickets yesterday through UT.

Waiting for Wednesday morning at 6am to wake up and start the dining reservations.

Honeymoon here we come!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Good to see that you are now locked into the trip.

Now nothing can stand between our Flyers vs. Bruins stand off in Canada at EPCOT. :crutches:

Nothing, that is, with the exception of our better halves preventing us from making fools ourselves.

Still, I bet I could put down more Molson, cheddar soup and pretzel bread than you. :drinking:

So glad I saw this thread!
We just made ressies (off site) for Dec 22-29. We're so excited to go, and for Christmas! I know it'll be crazy busy, but that's ok with us.

What's more magical than Christsmas at Disney?

Count us in for the Holiday's:cheer2::cheer2:

We are booked free dining 12/20~ 1/3 (free dining PIN from last December). We are now booked @ a standard room POP requested bldg 3, but would love to upgrade to CBR. We have been to Disney during Christmas week 3x's and have stayed at each of the 2 resorts, so either one would be great, although a hot tub would be nice.

Our last trip was last May/June. As the kids get older it is getting harder to find the time for all of us to travel together. DS is in summer school this summer and will graduate from college next May 2013. His career will start and that may take time before we can get time off together to vacation. We plan on this to be our final family vacation and a graduation gift for him. We love Disney and we love it during the holidays.:santa:

So you weren't able to book the Epcot restaurant at all? Is this normal for this time of year? Did they say when you could book it?

Nope they just said "It hasn't loaded yet, [from Nov 30 onward to Dec 10 at least] they're probably waiting for CP dates". So I'll just keep checking online over the next week or so. My Le Cellier reservation isn't until the 14th, and I can't even try for that one until the 12th since that's when my second reservation is.

Btw, for any DVC-ers out there linking my BLT reservation to dining online did not work for the 180+10. So I called on the phone, but it was 2:08a my time when I called, and 8:22am E.S.T. when someone answered at the Dining line, so I guess they're open before 9a?

Btw, for any DVC-ers out there linking my BLT reservation to dining online did not work for the 180+10. So I called on the phone, but it was 2:08a my time when I called, and 8:22am E.S.T. when someone answered at the Dining line, so I guess they're open before 9a?

That's so weird as I had read a lot of recent success stories in the past couple of weeks. Ugh. I hate the idea of waking at 6, only to be disappointed and have to call. wah wah.

I'll be there on the 13th - staying at POP. Can't wait for the 180 day mark ! It's coming in a few weeks. Whoohooo ! :cool1::cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter