**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We plan to be among the crazies :crazy: in the next New Year's crowd in MK!! :scared: Arriving Sat 12/29/12, for 5 nights at Pop. :banana:

I didn't mean all of Canada bashing. Just Vancouver (and their creepy "The Shining" twins). Ordinarily, I would say Montreal too, but I never kick a man when he's down.

I don't want to come across like we're hijacking the thread, so if you'd like to continue the NHL banter, here ya go...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2804514

PS: How awkward do you feel after the last post on the previous page? ;)

Haha!!

I'll see you over there.

Include us in! December 9-15 currently at SSR hoping to switch to either BLT or BWV. This is our first trip at Christmastime and we are so excited! It will be Me, DH, and DD who will be 2 1/2.:goodvibes
My parents will be going Dec 5-12 staying at BLT for Mom's Birthday. I think she is turning 65. It was their Christmas present last year from my sister.
I want to take her to Tea at the Grand Floridian has anyone every done that??
Also Do you think MVMCP would be worth it with a 2 1/2 year old?

Awesome - thank you! :)

You're very welcome!!! :goodvibes

I *always* try to pass the time between booking, ADR's, and other little planning by watching videos, reading tips etc so what better way than to see an AWESOME video!! (there are several others by the same person of other shows: illuminations is sooo cool too!!) :cool1:

Anyway ~270 days!!! (until Dec 1...) :woohoo:

:rolleyes1 What's everyone else doing to pass the time until ADR's!!??!!??

Welcome. The weather is usually pretty mild that day. Mostly 70 or upper 60s during the day. But but but.. there will be days that will be warmer, and days colder. The evening can be anywhere from 40-60s. So really, the trick is to LAYER. It all depends if and when a cold front comes in. The pools are heated.

Thanks for the info!!!

Include us in! December 9-15 currently at SSR hoping to switch to either BLT or BWV. This is our first trip at Christmastime and we are so excited! It will be Me, DH, and DD who will be 2 1/2.:goodvibes
My parents will be going Dec 5-12 staying at BLT for Mom's Birthday. I think she is turning 65. It was their Christmas present last year from my sister.
I want to take her to Tea at the Grand Floridian has anyone every done that??
Also Do you think MVMCP would be worth it with a 2 1/2 year old?

Welcome!! We are going the same dates as you with our (then) 26m old, staying at BCV. DD's first trip so I am beyond excited!! To pass the time, I've been working on a PTR.

I think we are going to skip MVMCP and do that when she's older and can stay up later. If Wishes is at 8pm (like last year), we will do the Wishes dessert party.

Reporting for Roll Call! :thumbsup2

Christmas time at Disney World is our absolute favorite time to visit! :santa::love:

We'll be there from December 9th thru 15th, staying at Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House!

This trip is a complete surprise to my son. (He'll be 5 years old at the time of the trip!) I can't wait to make our ADRs and just plan out all the little details and surprises!! :goodvibes

Hi all, I was over on another Dec thread (a little quiet over there) and Tofubeast invitied us over here, thank you for the invite. Seems much more active. I'm very excited to hear everyone's December plans and hoping to pick up some tips if any of you have been there at this time before.

We (me, DH and DD4) will be there from 12/26 - 1/1 staying at POR. Really looking forward to it but a little nervous about the crowds and parks closings etc. We went for the first time last fall and now we're hooked. I found that trip so much fun to plan but this one every decision I decide on makes me second guess myself, lol. I don't want to get there and miss ADR's because we can't get into parks or traffic is so bad we miss them or we end up in the hotel most of the time because we can't deal with the crowds and the weather doesn't cooperate so we can't swim, lol. Can you tell I'm worried?? HAHA, but aside from my fears I am super excited to be there to experience the holiday magic!!

Jumping on board. We have a tentative "Sister's Weekend" planned for December 7-10. We'll be staying at either the Poly or Wilderness Lodge :)

Welcome new Dec. friends. I added you to the front page!!
:cool1::cool1:

Hi all, I was over on another Dec thread (a little quiet over there) and Tofubeast invitied us over here, thank you for the invite. Seems much more active. I'm very excited to hear everyone's December plans and hoping to pick up some tips if any of you have been there at this time before.
Glad you could come join us! I am sure as calendars are published etc, we will have more tips and ideas as we go along!

Jumping on board. We have a tentative "Sister's Weekend" planned for December 7-10. We'll be staying at either the Poly or Wilderness Lodge :)
Fun!! Let me know when you settle on a resort.

Reporting for Roll Call! :thumbsup2
This trip is a complete surprise to my son. (He'll be 5 years old at the time of the trip!) I can't wait to make our ADRs and just plan out all the little details and surprises!! :goodvibes
Lucky boy!! He's going to have a blast.

We'll be at the Poly Dec. 15 thru the 19th. We usually go in December, but much earlier in the month. Our dd won't be home from college until Dec. 14 for winter break. So home one day and off to Disney the next! I'll be curious to see how the crowds are the week before Christmas.

Now I am waiting for airfares to come out!

Thanks again Tofubeast. great job on the thread.

Dogsmom, have you checked out Kayak.com for airfare? Aside from Jetblue a lot of the fares are out. I looked a few weeks ago and found a fair for $256 and the next day it went up. Was up to $411 and then for a few days went back down to $260, I booked right away. Have to pay the baggage fees but was to afraid to wait for Jetblue to come out, you know with the price of fuel going up the way it is. I'm going the day after Xmas so I thought that was probably a pretty good price.

Good luck!!

I think there were discounts offered for Dec. last year. For the first part of the month. Not sure when they were good through, maybe the 19th/20th or so. Good luck!!

Thanks again Tofubeast. great job on the thread.

Dogsmom, have you checked out Kayak.com for airfare? Aside from Jetblue a lot of the fares are out. I looked a few weeks ago and found a fair for $256 and the next day it went up. Was up to $411 and then for a few days went back down to $260, I booked right away. Have to pay the baggage fees but was to afraid to wait for Jetblue to come out, you know with the price of fuel going up the way it is. I'm going the day after Xmas so I thought that was probably a pretty good price.

Good luck!!

I actually found airfare from US Air for $286 round trip (Phila to MCO). I ran it by the Transportation threads. They pretty much suggested that i wait until AirTran and Southwest come out with their schedules in May. I hope they are right!!

Excellent! That was just was I was looking for! Has anyone done MVMCP? Looks like it is being held on our arrival day. I think it would be a fun surprise for my sisters.

Excellent! That was just was I was looking for! Has anyone done MVMCP? Looks like it is being held on our arrival day. I think it would be a fun surprise for my sisters.

I don't believe the dates for MVMCP come out for a few more months. If you are looking at last year's calendar... I wonder how similar they are each year. I used it as well to plan a very (extremely) tentative touring plan. ;)

We went in 2010 and had a blast. Granted, it was just 2 adults, but I think your little ones will really enjoy the different character dance parties, the free cocoa and cookies and all the random character interaction. All of you will enjoy the parades (2, an early 1 and a late 1), the snow(p) on Main St and the short to non-existent lines for the rides.

Also, this isn't necessarily part of the MVMCP, but get there early so you can see the lighting of the castle and the show that goes along with it.

I don't believe the dates for MVMCP come out for a few more months. If you are looking at last year's calendar... I wonder how similar they are each year. I used it as well to plan a very (extremely) tentative touring plan. ;)

I was going by what they had at Touringplans. It is just a projected date

We went in 2010 and had a blast. Granted, it was just 2 adults, but I think your little ones will really enjoy the different character dance parties, the free cocoa and cookies and all the random character interaction. All of you will enjoy the parades (2, an early 1 and a late 1), the snow(p) on Main St and the short to non-existent lines for the rides.

Also, this isn't necessarily part of the MVMCP, but get there early so you can see the lighting of the castle and the show that goes along with it.

It will just be adults this trip. I'm going with my sister and sister-in-law :dance3:

Officially booked this morning. December 7-10 at the Poly with a TPV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter