December 2012 Code Watch

I am shocked at the pricing I was just given with codes..Last year we went Pop Warner week. Beach Club 6 nights with park hoppers for 2600.00. This time I had them run the discounts adn they came up with 3900 and 3150! I refuse to pay that much..500 bucks is 500 bucks..DH says h its only 500 more..well that is allot in my eyes..These codes stink out loud! (RTP and bounceback)

I am shocked at the pricing I was just given with codes..Last year we went Pop Warner week. Beach Club 6 nights with park hoppers for 2600.00. This time I had them run the discounts adn they came up with 3900 and 3150! I refuse to pay that much..500 bucks is 500 bucks..DH says h its only 500 more..well that is allot in my eyes..These codes stink out loud! (RTP and bounceback)

A std room only for 6 nights runs around $2400 without tic. I would run the numbers and see how much you will be saving.

5 nights at BW is running me $3200 without park hoppers and for only 2 Of us

A std room only for 6 nights runs around $2400 without tic. I would run the numbers and see how much you will be saving.

5 nights at BW is running me $3200 without park hoppers and for only 2 Of us

Wow! That seems high - we are booked at BWI Thanksgiving week (premium pricing) in a standard view room for 5 nights and it was $2400 before the AAA discount. I was able to use AAA and it came down to $2080. This is without tickets as well.

Wow! That seems high - we are booked at BWI Thanksgiving week (premium pricing) in a standard view room for 5 nights and it was $2400 before the AAA discount. I was able to use AAA and it came down to $2080. This is without tickets as well.

Question! Can you use a AAA discount for room and ALSO Disney's free dining plan? I know you can't combine PINs from disney to get discounted rooms and FDP but I was wondering if AAA discount could be applied to room?

I should have said we booked a water view room, I just mentioned Std as an example.

Hi all, question? Has anyone here ever been for xmas week?? We booked becuase those were the dates that we could make a dec. trip work and I ended up getting pretty good airfare. I know we won't get a discount becuase of the times but I'm getting nervous reading about just how crowded it will be. Yet, I see more people on here going before but not during. I know Dis is not the majority of disney patrons but just wondering if all the hype about parks getting closed out and 2.5 hour lines for rides is accurate or exagerrated?

Hoping you all get the discounts you want. That was me last Oct. and it all worked out perfectly :)

We have gone for xmas twice now, and are going this year again Dec. 22-27(unless there is a discount, then may be longer)...We have seen the large crowds and the closing of the park for entry but it was on Xmas day at MK....we did spend the one year at MK on xmas....the line were as we expected....not the wait times that you were saying, but if they were long, use the fastpass, or go during a parade.....we spent last trip xmas day at Epcot....By far the best! we did leave and hop to DHS and the wait times were not bad there either...the worst was toy story mania(yes that one did have the 1+ hr wait) we use the fast pass and the single rider lines for the rides with the longer wait times, however toy story ran out of fast passes as did soarin at Epcot so we made sure to get those right away....

crowds are what they are....didnt seem to bother us and we just made sure that the kids had phones with programmed numbers and simple info on the lanyard in case we lost them....and we did have to use them for the youngest who tends to wonder off even at 8yrs and she then panics.....

Dont let the thought of crowds and crazies change your mind, we LOVE xmas week at the World.....the MVMCP plays daily(no extra purchase) and the parks are open later(similar to the summer months)-that is why I can handle the value resorts-we spend very little time swimming or at the room.....the castle-amazing and beautiful.....By far the best way to spend Christmas! Make sure that you pay very close attention to the 180 day mark and make your dining reservations and any other activities that need reservations.....

Question! Can you use a AAA discount for room and ALSO Disney's free dining plan? I know you can't combine PINs from disney to get discounted rooms and FDP but I was wondering if AAA discount could be applied to room?

You can book a room only with the AAA discount. If free dining comes out, you can switch, but you can't stack discounts. Basically, you get free dining or you get a room discount - one or the other.

I was a little nervous waiting for codes to come out. I need 11/28 to 12/3, 4 nights at BLT Studio lake view for a Disney Fan Club Christmas party at the Contemporary. I just rented points from a family member.
I was on the wait list for 12/1 for a month, but just got the entire stay at BLT lakeview studio for 71 points. I'm happy. That week is tough to get any DVC studio rental.
Michele

We are planning for December 6-12...did MNSSH and can't wait to do thee Christmas party. My one concern for December is the weather and my boys being able to swim...is swimming possible in December? We are also hoping for free dining!!

We are planning for December 6-12...did MNSSH and can't wait to do thee Christmas party. My one concern for December is the weather and my boys being able to swim...is swimming possible in December? We are also hoping for free dining!!

I know last year free dining went up until the day before Pop Warner started. Then it was blacked out during that week before it picked up again.

We're booked 11/29-12/8 and Pop Warner is 11/30-12/8. I'm still hoping for free dining. If it goes until the 29th we have a shot since we are arriving the day before Pop Warner and can still get it for our entire stay (keeping fingers crossed). If not, then we are out of luck.

You can book a room only with the AAA discount. If free dining comes out, you can switch, but you can't stack discounts. Basically, you get free dining or you get a room discount - one or the other.

Which discount do you think is better? We are very torn about it! Right now we have a 30% room discount at POR - Royal Room that is saving us about the same cost as the QSP. Which discount would you take? The last time we were at WDW, they didn't have any dining plans - so this is all new to us :)

Apologies if someone already has been asking this - Any idea when the December hours will be out? I know the travel agent hours come out before Disney posts, so those are what I'm hoping to see sooner than later. Thanks!

So glad that I called Disney this morning. I found out that I had a code. It knocked $310 off my trip. Whoo-hoo!! I will take any & ALL discounts. :thumbsup2

Which discount do you think is better? We are very torn about it! Right now we have a 30% room discount at POR - Royal Room that is saving us about the same cost as the QSP. Which discount would you take? The last time we were at WDW, they didn't have any dining plans - so this is all new to us :)

Hi! I know you were asking someone else, but I haven't posted here yet, have read thru entire thread, and just wanted to jump in!

AoA LM section Dec 20-27 - me, DH, DD(19), DD(15)

I face the same decision making dilemma. Our last trip, we did FD, w/QS upgrade to DP at POP. With all of the added tips on all of the TS meals, I'm not sure if it really saved US $. We don't typically do a TS meal every day at WDW. For us, part of it is expense, and spending too much for food we will waste, and we don't like to be tied to being somehwere and eating at a specific time every day,although we did enjoy the long break it gave us every day, and we got to try some really neat restaurants w/yummy food! At times, when it was time for our meal, we weren't really hungry!

If we take FD vs room discount, we have to buy park tickets thru WDW, and not at a discount, so in all for our Dec trip, to get "FD", it will cost us an additional $409. Divide that by 6 days and 4 people, and it is about $17/pp/day, for 2 QS meals and a snack AND our resort mugs, which we'll buy anyway. I think it might save us a little bit to get "FD"vs room discount, but not a lot, as I will probably get some kids meals or appetizers, and bring my own cereal and fruit for bfast for just myself. DH and girls will eat bfast in the food court.

You really just have to decide how you like to eat, how much your family eats, and if you normally book ADRs for every day of your trip, or want to, to see what the better deal for you would be.

Nobody can answer the "is FD or a room disocunt better for me" for anyone else. It depends on:

1) Where you are stayng (a room discount at a value resort is sort of a negligible discount. Mods and deluxes fare better on room only discounts.
2) How many are in your party (the more in your room, the greater the value of your discount).
3) Your eating patterns at Disney. Before passing on a FD offer though, be honest about how many character meals you intend to do and add up the price of paying for that out of pocket. It cost us $125 plus $25 tip for 3 of us to have dinner at Chef Mickey last year the night before our FD package started. I knew the price going into it, but seeing that bill still gave me sticker shock.

We love doing the character meals, so for us FD is the way to go.

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty sure we are going to stick with the room discount, unless it is the DDP (not QS) and then we'll be tempted to switch. We have 3 character meals planned. It's me, DH and DD7 :) We're so excited!!!

I received 2 pin codes today in my email. One was only good through August, but the other didn't have a date on it?? Hoping to book this week and hoping that pin code will work for December!

I received 2 pin codes today in my email. One was only good through August, but the other didn't have a date on it?? Hoping to book this week and hoping that pin code will work for December!

I hope it works out for you! :goodvibes Let us know how it goes!

Subbing to this thread. We went Dec 2011 with free dining and IF I can get FD again in Dec, I can probably convince DH into another trip. We loved going during the mild weather. We honeymooned at WDW in late june, omg I don't know if I can go in the summer again. I hate that my kids miss some school, but it's nice to go before the holiday crowds hit and when the weather is cooler.

Apologies if someone already has been asking this - Any idea when the December hours will be out? I know the travel agent hours come out before Disney posts, so those are what I'm hoping to see sooner than later. Thanks!

Lately it seems the hours have been posted about mid-month on the TA site. So I'm looking for December hours to be posted around May 15-16. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter