December 2010--Who's planning already?!

We are already planning for Dec 2010 also!! We'll be going Dec 18-25, and it will be us (Me, DH & DD12) and my DH's sister & family who we are very close with (SIL, BIL, DS10, DS7, DD6, DD5). We are so excited!! This is only our
2nd time at Disney (the first was only a 2-day stint also since we were visiting relatives in Florida), and it will be their first time. I've always wanted to go at Christmas as it's my favorite holiday - I can't wait!! I just started making my trip planning binder with the help of some of the great DISigners over on the DISign board :)

I would love to stay on-site since all I have heard is how beautiful all the resorts are that time of year, and I would normally not do it any other way...but, my mom has a friend with a condo timeshare right outside the Disney grounds and she is letting use use her condo for just her transfer fee - so it will end up only costing around $100 each family for the condo for the week. That is unbeatable and we would be crazy to pass it up - plus being already an expensive time of year, it will enable us to have more 'fun money' while we're there. :santa: So that's a definite bonus!!

We are going to be buying 4 day passes I think, but we are still trying to figure out the best way to do the parks so I'm not sure...and then we're taking 2 days to go to the beach as SIL's kids have never been to the ocean (she's only been once). Our current schedule (though pretty flexible at this point) is:

Sat - arrive, unpack, grocery shop & relax
Sun - Trip to the Atlantic Ocean...watch sun rise, relax
Mon - Magic Kingdom
Tues - Epcot
Weds - DHS
Thurs - AK
Fri - Trip to the Gulf side to watch sun set on Christmas Eve, relax
Sat - open pressies & head home

I'd love any input. We're struggling because I'd really love to be able to go back to MK before we leave as the kids, I'm sure, will have the best time there -after all to kids MK *is* Disney World. I am just not sure ending the trip at AK will be the best...we thought about doing AK during the day and going back to MK in the evening for our 'last night at disney'...but not sure how to work that out without buying park-hopper passes for all 4 days (and we really don't want to park-hop...we figure as basically first-timers, we will have enough to keep us busy in each park for a full day lol).

Can't wait to hear all the plans everyone is making. I am a newbie (pretty much) to Disney so I have a lot of learning to do :) Sorry for the long post!! I'm just so excited (can you tell??? LOL)!

Count me in! Just booked Fort Wilderness today for 12/19-12/26/2010! Can't beat spending my birthday at Walt Disney World!:cool1:

I just found this thread and would like to jump aboard! We are planning to go December 3-11, 2010. We've never gone in December and are looking very forward to it. We haven't booked yet. We are wanting to stay BC CL but need to work the finances first. We are going do WDW in Jan/Feb 2010 and if we don't spend a lot of extra I can take our spending money from that trip and put it towards December. And hoping for a good code!

We'll be at the Polynesian from 12/2 - 12/8. Yeah it's already booked. :)

We haven't Even done this year's trip yet but have already booked AKL with Savana view!!!! We are so excited!!!

We are going the beginning of 2010. The point are less and we still get to see all of the holiday décor.

Going Dec 11 - 18th, Pop Century, Standard Room, 6day park pass, basic dining..Also going to Gaylord Palms for the Ice show and of course doing Mickey's Christmas Party.

This will be my 5th trip, But I will be taking my 2 daughter (19 and 21) for there very first visit...As a suprize I will be flying my daughters first class on air tran. Can't wait.

Planing Nov. 29-Dec. 9th 2010. Poly lagoon view and AKL CL. I think. :rotfl2:
Still trying to decide on resort. It will be our 35th Anni.. :love::santa:

I am 18 wks pregnant and am planning our first trip with the baby for Dec 5-11 2010!!!!!!!! We're thinking of Pop since I also want to do a Disney Cruise for my 30th in April 2010 :) :yay: Anyone been with an infant/any suggestions on how to handle this scenario LOL I just cant wait to get back to WDW!!!!!:banana::banana:

We {myself, daughter, and grandaughter} wll be at POFG Dec 3-Dec 12.:
woohoo: I am so excited. I have been working on the plans for 4 months. This is the first time at this resort.:cheer2::cheer2:

Thinking of changing our trip to Dec. 2010 as well since I found out that my ds could have soccer tournaments each year during his fall break! Not sure if I want to deal with the colder weather though..although my dh and boys think the colder weather would be great! DD and I are undecided on that as of yet!

there are 12 of us going dec 2 till dec.8 2010 we are going to stay at the beach club

We're planning also. We are going down on Dec 9th (late..and staying at the Hyatt at the Airport, then taking the bus the next morning to the Poly). Staying 2 nights there (hoping to get tickets to MVMCP on Friday, MK on Saturday), then headed to the Disney Wonder on Sunday for a 4 day cruise. It seems so far away, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

I'm so excited!! Our trip plans may be changing just a little...same dates and all of that but it LOOKS like we'll have 3 more kids to take with us! My husband and I are in the process of taking in a sibling group of 3 that will be straight foster-adopt children. We can file the petition to adopt once they have lived with us for 6 months, so it looks like by next Christmas we'll have a family of 6 instead of a family of 3!!! :banana: We had no idea things would progress this quickly, but feel so blessed!!

Add to that my SIL's family of 6 who will be going with us to Disney and...WOW! It will certainly be a crazy, fun and memorable trip!!

We are planning a trip for Dec. 2010 too!! We are looking at Dec. 19-26th at Wilderness Lodge (our first time there) and we'll be doing the dining plan for the first time. I'll be booking this in the next few weeks. So Excited!!

It is so exciting to see other people planning this far out! We are going to take my dd for her 16th birthday in December 2010. The resort, etc. has not been decided upon. She is taking her BFF/Cousin with her and they are starting to plan it together. This is her BFF first WDW visit! She has been to DL in California and loves it, so I know she'll have a wonderful time. I can't wait to plan it out further. We just got back from our second ever trip to the world and now I am hooked forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter