• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2010 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post (UPDATE 12-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people having issues with coordinated cancellations showing up - I have twice now coordinated cancellations with other DISers where the ADRs they canceled did not show up for me when I searched for them. We were coordinating through e-mail, so it's not like a "lurker" could have been waiting to pounce as soon as it was announced.

Both times, I then searched the same time/restaurant but for a smaller party, and then it showed up.

I hypothesize that when the restaurant is particularly crowded (as in at or very close to capacity) the restaurant "reclaims" a couple of the seats and instead makes available a smaller number. Both times the DISers I was coordinating with canceled ADRs for 10 people, and what became available instead was (in one case) an availability for a party of 8, and (in the other case) an availability for a party of 6.

If you're coordinating with someone and the exact reservation being released does not turn up, try searching for a smaller party. It might work!

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :thumbsup2

About a week ago or so I was able to coordinate a popular ADR that a DISer was cancelling but we did it in the evening after 10:00 so maybe later in the evening is better because there are less people trying since the call center is closed? Also, she did not cancel the ADR right after she posted that she was going to be cancelling the ADR. I PMd her right away and it was a couple hours before we actually coordinated the cancellation and we did it all through PM so maybe that is also key!

Yes, that is how we do it too. Even so, the cancelled ressie doesn't show. I guess I'm just to slow!!!! :lmao:

I will be cancelling the following:

Monday 12/13/10 Garden Grill 6:20pm for 3
Thursday 12/16/10 Crystal Palace 1:00pm for 3

if anyone wants these let me know and we can try to coordinate. :)

EDIT: these are gone

I may be canceling Sci Fi Diner for 2 on Dec 14th at 7:30 pm. I messed up and entered the wrong number of guest. I needed 3 guest, I called and they said there is nothing available to add extra person. So if anyone wants this send me a PM. Im on here every day and night so just let me know what time you want me to cancel.

WOOHOO!! I was able to get this ressy! Thanks again for coordinating maryj11!

:thumbsup2

Just canceled my Chef Mickey and Ohana that I mentioned before.

I also canceled a Hollywood and Vine for 3 on 12/12 at 7:15 pm if anyone is interested.

I almost have enough to pm but not quite! I would love to try for both, but really want the Crystal Palace! Please let me know! thx

I would love to have the Garden Grill ! Let know when you want to coordinate :)

There is an 'Ohana ressie for a party of 4 on December 26th at 4:30 showing up right now... we are already going on XMas Eve or I would snag it. Hope someone here gets it!

No wait I sent a PM asking for this but I just looked at when the characters are there. I dont think they have characters after 4:30 do you know ? If they dont then I will pass on this. Im so disappointed I thought there would be characters at this time :(

No wait I sent a PM asking for this but I just looked at when the characters are there. I dont think they have characters after 4:30 do you know ? If they dont then I will pass on this. Im so disappointed I thought there would be characters at this time :(

There should be characters at these times. Garden Grill is only open for dinner and has characters all evening.

just cancelled-(my notes were a mess!) all res are for 4 people
dec 13- sci-fi diner 7:30 p.m
Dec 16 ohana breakfast-10:55
Dec 16 the Wave-6:35 p.m.
Dec 16 Kona 6:40 p.m.
Dec 17- La Hacienda-6:15
Dec 17 la Hacienda 7:45 p.m.
Dec 18 Sanaa 1:15 p.m.

hope someone can use these!

Just canceled all of these:

ALL FOR 5 PEOPLE:
Les Chefs de France - December 5 @ 12:10 pm
Kona Café - December 9 @ 2:25 pm
Teppan Edo - December 9 @ 2:40 pm
The Plaza Restaurant - December 10 @12:20 pm
Yak & Yeti Restaurant - December 11 @ 1:00 pm

Hope some DISers can use these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter