• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2010 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post (UPDATE 12-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing some rearranging...and now canceling the following...PM to coordinate:

12/2 Hollywood & Vine at 9:55am for 4
12/2 Chef Mickey's at 11:20 for 4
12/3 Liberty Tree Tavern at 2:35 for 4
12/4 50s Prime Time Cafe at 11:00 for 4
12/5 Liberty Tree Tavern at 12:40 for 4
12/5 Tony's Town Square at 1:20 for 4

Hoping to make some DISser's day :cheer2:

I'm going to cancel the rest of these Saturday evening at 8:00 CST unless someone wants to coordinate.

OK I have another one that I really don't want to give up but there is something going on that night that I don't want to miss.:confused3

I am canceling chef mickeys on 12/12 at 8:15pm
PM to coordinate.

Been doing some rearranging...and now canceling the following...PM to coordinate:

12/2 Hollywood & Vine at 9:55am for 4
12/3 Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:50 for 4
12/3 Liberty Tree Tavern at 2:35 for 4
12/4 50s Prime Time Cafe at 11:00 for 4
12/5 Liberty Tree Tavern at 12:40 for 4
12/5 Tony's Town Square at 1:20 for 4

Hoping to make some DISser's day :cheer2:

I'm interested in one of your LTT on 12/3...for some reason I couldn't PM you??? Can you PM me? Thanks

Anyone interested in these reservations? Both for 10 ppl.
12-12 12:45pm Cancelled
12-15 11:45pm

PM me.

Im just about to cancel, both for party of 5

Dec 13 Coral Reef 6.30pm

Dec 18 Chef Mickey 7.30am

Good Luck, Hope someone gets them !!

I just canceled a December 1st lunch for 5 at 12:40 at Liberty Tree Tavern. Good luck!

It's not that it isn't showing up, it's that lurkers snatch the reservation before you can, or the general public just happens to be searching when you are and gets it.

I was trying for one last night and coordinated with someone, but then another poster got it just from lurking and constantly searching.

That's just how it goes.

These lurkers are sure really fast then, because she cancelled her ressie at a specific time and I looked at the Disney's website at that specific time and it wasn't there. Also, she let another ressie go and then looked for it herself and couldn't find either. I don't know!!! :confused3

These lurkers are sure really fast then, because she cancelled her ressie at a specific time and I looked at the Disney's website at that specific time and it wasn't there. Also, she let another ressie go and then looked for it herself and couldn't find either. I don't know!!! :confused3

Could be... I nabbed one without issue on Sunday; I picked an odd time though; 10 after the hour so if people are checking during popular times they will miss it. I nabbed one awhile ago that was let go for me too without issue and I think I picked the top of the hour then. Could just be the closer we get the more people are trying for them at random. :confused3

They are. That's exactly what happened to me last night. I had a prearranged time that was PMed, and I wasn't able to get it, but someone else posted that they were able to get it purely from lurking and searching at the right time. I was searching like a madwoman at the time we arranged and I lost out.

After finalizing the rest of our plans, I have some good reservations I'm letting go...PM asap if interested in any...Hope some of these help out a few DISers!

ALL FOR 5 PEOPLE:
Les Chefs de France - December 5 @ 12:10 pm
Kona Café - December 9 @ 2:25 pm
Teppan Edo - December 9 @ 2:40 pm
The Plaza Restaurant - December 10 @12:20 pm
Yak & Yeti Restaurant - December 11 @ 1:00 pm
Le Cellier Steakhouse - December 13 @ 11:45 am - TAKEN! Good luck Ash & Wes07 :)

Le Cellier is gone! I still have the others...I havent heard from anyone on these. If you want to coordinate please PM today. If I dont hear from anyone, I will be letting these go tonight around 9 PM (EST).

About a week ago or so I was able to coordinate a popular ADR that a DISer was cancelling but we did it in the evening after 10:00 so maybe later in the evening is better because there are less people trying since the call center is closed? Also, she did not cancel the ADR right after she posted that she was going to be cancelling the ADR. I PMd her right away and it was a couple hours before we actually coordinated the cancellation and we did it all through PM so maybe that is also key!

12/12 9:15 PM Chef Mickey for 3
12/13 5:40 'Ohana for 3

I haven't canceled these yet, because I ended up having to do some stuff unexpectedly today. Amber, did you still want the Ohana?

12/12 9:15 PM Chef Mickey for 3
12/13 5:40 'Ohana for 3

I haven't canceled these yet, because I ended up having to do some stuff unexpectedly today. Amber, did you still want the Ohana?

Thanks Carrie...I pm'd you. I changed plans for that evening and don't need it now. Hope it works for someone else.;)

Thanks Carrie...I pm'd you. I changed plans for that evening and don't need it now. Hope it works for someone else.;)

Thanks for letting me know!!

If anyone wants either the Chef Mickey or the 'Ohana, I'm going to cancel at 5:00 pm EST unless someone let's me know they want them. I got lucky and got the 'Ohana I really wanted on 12/12 lol.

For the people having issues with coordinated cancellations showing up - I have twice now coordinated cancellations with other DISers where the ADRs they canceled did not show up for me when I searched for them. We were coordinating through e-mail, so it's not like a "lurker" could have been waiting to pounce as soon as it was announced.

Both times, I then searched the same time/restaurant but for a smaller party, and then it showed up.

I hypothesize that when the restaurant is particularly crowded (as in at or very close to capacity) the restaurant "reclaims" a couple of the seats and instead makes available a smaller number. Both times the DISers I was coordinating with canceled ADRs for 10 people, and what became available instead was (in one case) an availability for a party of 8, and (in the other case) an availability for a party of 6.

If you're coordinating with someone and the exact reservation being released does not turn up, try searching for a smaller party. It might work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter