December 2009 Code Watch

This might not be the best thread for this question, but here goes.

Do free dining plan promotions apply to people who rent points from DVC members and have the member book the DVC property for them?

This might not be the best thread for this question, but here goes.

Do free dining plan promotions apply to people who rent points from DVC members and have the member book the DVC property for them?

No.
To get FREE dining, you must pay RACK rate at the hotel and purchase at least a one day park ticket for each person on the reservation.

It's early....the sun it up...and I don't see anything about a new promo anywhere. Has anyone else found anything?

YIPPEE!!:yay: We are booked for Dec. 16-Dec 22!! Saved over $700 with free dining. This is the first time we have been able to take advantage of this offer and it is great. Now....to await my 90 day window....must have LeCellier and O'Hana!!!

Wishing pixie dust for everyone who is waiting....:wizard:

Actually, my arrival date is Dec 3 and my ADR window opens Sept 4th - so most of us will not have our ADRs made. ;)

Are you adding your 10 day plus to your 90 days out?

You get 100 days out if you stay on Disney property. Now, if you are off site then it's 90 days out.

Not sure if this would help you, but just in case.....

It looks like the passholder discount came out. Keeping fingers crossed! We would save over $900 if we get free dining.

You get 100 days out if you stay on Disney property. Now, if you are off site then it's 90 days out.

No, 90 + 10 is not 100 days out. You can start booking on your 90th day out for your day of arrival + the 10 days of your vacation after that.

You can't book until 90 days out no matter what. But, if you are on property, you can book for 10 days past your arrival day.

ETA: Sorry to post the same response as above. We were typing at the same time.

It looks like the passholder discount came out. Keeping fingers crossed! We would save over $900 if we get free dining.

Where did you see this? I've checked the Disney website & there is nothing there. Do passholders get a special email? Just wondering if it is just free dining or if there is also a room discount.

YIPPEE!!:yay: We are booked for Dec. 16-Dec 22!! Saved over $700 with free dining. This is the first time we have been able to take advantage of this offer and it is great. Now....to await my 90 day window....must have LeCellier and O'Hana!!!

Yay! :yay:

Question - We're looking at going Nov. 29-Dec. 6. Would free dining benefit DH and I? It's just us. I'm thinking that free dining would be awesome! How do I get free dining? I'm new to this. I want to plan it so I can have a count down!! :banana:

Where did you see this? I've checked the Disney website & there is nothing there. Do passholders get a special email? Just wondering if it is just free dining or if there is also a room discount.

Someone on amother thread reported this too. I am anxious to see if it is true. She is calling just to be sure.

It is on the AP site. Someone posted it and I would link it to you but I am not sure how.LOL

Oh come on......LOL Was it an email PIN? I've checked all my email addresses this morning and nothing :( I'm sad...we just cancelled our trip for Sept/Oct yesterday and I was just praying that I'd be able to wake the kids up this morning and tell them I'd rescheduled already for December.

Come on Disney.....give me a PIN, please.

Here is a rumor...COMPLETELY unsubstantiated...

but one CM, on his Facebook...when asked why the ressie CM's would have mandantory OT for 3 weeks starting today...said this...

"It is either an extension of Free Dining and/or 180 day window. Either way, I hope we're busy."

DUDE...how cool would THAT be?!?!? Extend the FD and open the ressie system!?!? That would require some overtime!

I was able to get an AP room discount for christmas eve:cheer2:
What could be better than waking up christmas morning at WDW:cloud9:

That is not correct. :) It is not 100 days, it is 90+10. If you are staying on property, you get to book 90 days out (from your arrival date) just like everybody else, but the bonus is you can book up to 10 days worth of dining instead of having to phone back every single day to book each individual restaurant at the 90-day mark.

Some CMs say it is 100 days, but that is incorrect. If they try to book you 100 days out, the system won't accept the reservation.

My sister and her bf have booked through small world vacations. Any idea if they receive a PIN whether it can be applied to an already-booked vacation through that agency?

Also, I regarding the post about rumors that free dining would be extended beyond dec. 17, I thought right now it was only valid through Oct. 3. Can someone post a link to more information about free dining for check-ins through Dec. 17?

Just talked to CM...AP discounts def in...don't work for my resort/dates...getting better rate with AAA. But, may work for others! Before hanging up, I asked about future offers or extending the FD. SHe said that they may offer something else after that ends at some point, but that they would definitely not be extending FD. I would love to take advantage of FD for at least 1/2 of our split stay, so I'm keeping my hopes up anyway! But, from the info from her, it doesn't look too good??:sad2:

Just talked to CM...AP discounts def in...don't work for my resort/dates...getting better rate with AAA. But, may work for others! Before hanging up, I asked about future offers or extending the FD. SHe said that they may offer something else after that ends at some point, but that they would definitely not be extending FD. I would love to take advantage of FD for at least 1/2 of our split stay, so I'm keeping my hopes up anyway! But, from the info from her, it doesn't look too good??:sad2:

Someone else just posted on another thread that a CM said they would be extending it. I think the only way we will know for sure is to wait for the official word from Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter