December 2009 Code Watch

Gosh, I sure hope this means that they will be offering something past the 17th! We are going the 18th thru the 23rd....I am really hoping for either free dining or a good room discount!!:cool1:

I called to ask about a trip for Dec.17-25. I was quoted a trip with dining when I showed reluctance to book the operator offer me free dining. I book right then my trip went from 4800.00 to 3200.00. The free dining sure helps a family of 5.:santa:

A CM can give u free dining? What is the number to call and see if you have a pin? Im praying for a free dining pin to come for our trip dec 1-7. Hours have been cut down bigtime at work and its near impossible to set money aside now so free dining would be huge!

I have a question... If they do end up offering Free Dining to Visa Cardholders...will I be able to call up and add that to my Reservation? Or will I have to Cancel our current Reservations and remake them?:confused3

I have a question... If they do end up offering Free Dining to Visa Cardholders...will I be able to call up and add that to my Reservation? Or will I have to Cancel our current Reservations and remake them?:confused3

I'm wondering the same thing; we just signed up for a Visa, so the deposit for our trip isn't on the Visa.

Gosh, I sure hope this means that they will be offering something past the 17th! We are going the 18th thru the 23rd....I am really hoping for either free dining or a good room discount!!:cool1:

I doubt they will do anything for the 18th to the 23rd because that is a peak time for them even if they don't offer a discount...

A CM can give u free dining? What is the number to call and see if you have a pin? Im praying for a free dining pin to come for our trip dec 1-7. Hours have been cut down bigtime at work and its near impossible to set money aside now so free dining would be huge!

Wow...that is very interesting!

I had to rebook...but I was in a room only and they had to change it to a package. So not sure if you already have a package if they would have to rebook.

When;) free dining is offered just call and the cast member will take care of it with the visa.

Last year when it came out my trip was about $50 from being paid in full. They had charged $200 to my disney visa then they credited all of the overage back to my debit card which is how I paid for it initially.:surfweb: They do have to charged something to the disney visa. I thought they were going to have to credit all that I paid and then charge it all t0 the disney visa but they did not.:banana: The cm will work it out for you. My onsite stay was 12/21 to 12/26/08 with free dining.:rotfl2: It does not look hopeful that my date range will fall into free dining this year 12/27 to 1/1/10 but one can hope.:cloud9: I will be happy either way because I will be at WDW the happiest place on earth. I'm just over joyed to be going back during the Christmas holiday.:santa:

Good luck and free dining or a pin code for all.princess:

My trip last year started on 12/21 with free dining using the disney visa. It is very hopeful :worship:that you may get it. I am rooting for you:dance3:

Some folks seem to think that because it is a peak time there are no deals, last year there was and it saved me a bundle.pirate:

My trip last year started on 12/21 with free dining using the disney visa. It is very hopeful :worship:that you may get it. I am rooting for you:dance3:

Some folks seem to think that because it is a peak time there are no deals, last year there was and it saved me a bundle.pirate:

see...this is why I LOVE the DIS! Because I learn something new every single day!

This is GREAT news! I hope that they offer this again this year...I don't see why they wouldn't? :confused3

see...this is why I LOVE the DIS! Because I learn something new every single day!

This is GREAT news! I hope that they offer this again this year...I don't see why they wouldn't? :confused3

When I booked my trip last month for 12/27 to 1/1/10 the cm made a point to tell me to look out for discounts and free dining in August:banana: He sounded pretty certain that there would be something for meprincess:.

You are correct there is no reason for them not too. Now we just have to wait.:cool2:

is only good until December 18 this year and if any other offer comes through it will probably have the same cutoff date. Now, Disney usually allows you to book on the last day of the offer and extend your stay beyond December 18.

But woe to the one who tries to book on December 19 as a start date, in this example.

Each year these dates change a little based on when school is out for the Christmas holiday.

This is just a warning to anyone pre-booking hoping for a discount later on.

So this is probably a no-brainer type of question. But if they do offer "free dining" for December (we're going 2nd week) and you're staying at a Deluxe resort, it seems that if you had a 30-40% off discount that you'd be better just sticking with that right? I think free dining is only better if you are at a Value resort, right? We got about $140/nt off the room rate.....so free dining would not be the better deal. (7nts) Or am I missing something?

I just want to say--all of you that are getting free dining in December make me want to cry :guilty:.

I just want to say--all of you that are getting free dining in December make me want to cry :guilty:.

I am happy for all of you getting free dining. But I also want to cry for myself! Please, Disney, let me join the party!

I've been dying for a FD code for December too. So, I called and had them price a few things with the dining plan and said I wasn't sure then priced with no dining was procrastinating on the phone. Well, I was hoping for the CM to offer me a FD deal so I'd book......no such luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter