December 2009 Code Watch

We just booked our trip today for the first week in December. I am so excited to see Disney at Christmas time. We are so hoping for a code to make our trip a little more magical! :)

Hoping to go mid December. I went last year mid December, and really wanted to go this year too! However, common sense prevailed(I hate it when it does that!) and we decided it would be best to wait till next December. I love Disney during the Christmas season, and can't wait to see the beautiful lights on the Castle. Breathtaking!

I'm trying to decide right now if I'd rather take a trip during Christmas/New Year, and deal with the crowds and more expense, or over Thanksgivng, when I'd have to take my DD who will be in 10th grade out of school for longer. Bahh humbug, the high school years suck because I hate to pull her out for a week plus, like I used to when she was in 1-4th grade.

DH says he doesn't mind if we take a "GirlzOnly" type trip at T-day, but if we do Christmas time we'll have to bring him along, and then there's the whole "do we abandon the college age boy?" thing. He's in a head up his you-know-where stage at the moment, so we really don't want to bring him along but would I feel guilty about leaving him (age 20 almost 21) at Christmas? (Me probably not, DH you never know...yes he's our kid)

DD homeschooled in 2007-8 and I took her on a Sept Free Dining trip. We had a blast and I think it might have spoiled me for life. I liked Free Dining and low season!

My favorite time to go is probably January - but then there's the whole pull the kid out of high school thing....

Sigh.

I think I'll just start booking dates at random, lol.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Hi all, just joining in. I'm booked for 11/29 - 12/6/09 at the Contemporary - it's my DS's first trip - he'll be 5! :cool1:

We're booked for Nov 29 - Dec 6 2009 at WL. Thankfully I finally got a PIN code this year via email (40%). So don't give up hope, you too may be lucky and get this email...seems like a lot of people got it so far. The dates available were good too.

We've never been at Christmas time either, only to WL in Aug 2006 for free dining. I can't wait...sigh..only 13 months and counting..:goodvibes

Here's my plan:

1. Try to get husband to forget that we just went in September
2. Talk husband into going again in Dec 2009
3. Get husband to understand that the ONLY place to stay in December is the Wilderness Lodge
4. Get a 40% pin:rotfl:
5. Book trip for Dec 11th-19th (son's 4th b-day is the 18th)
6. Start disney dreamin!!:cloud9:

I booked WL Dec 6th -13th on Sunday night. I was talking to the CM about codes, she said to keep looking for them because it's more than likely that they will continue regularly! Woo Hoo!

Just this morning we have started thinking about adding on a few days at Disney in December 09. We are taking a cruise in February which allows us the 3 night cruise for $99 later in the year. We'd love to do one in December and follow it up with a day or two at the World. I'm going to try and get a bunch of the family together and make this a big (albeit early) Christmas celebration. A code would be sooo sweet!

We're booked for Nov 29 - Dec 6 2009 at WL. Thankfully I finally got a PIN code this year via email (40%). So don't give up hope, you too may be lucky and get this email...seems like a lot of people got it so far. The dates available were good too.

We've never been at Christmas time either, only to WL in Aug 2006 for free dining. I can't wait...sigh..only 13 months and counting..:goodvibes

You got a 40% off code through e-mail for your December 09 trip already? From what I have seen, they usually they don't start coming out until a few months before the date of your trip. All I can say is, I hope you are right...I'll be checking my e-mail daily for sure!:thumbsup2

You got a 40% off code through e-mail for your December 09 trip already? From what I have seen, they usually they don't start coming out until a few months before the date of your trip. All I can say is, I hope you are right...I'll be checking my e-mail daily for sure!:thumbsup2

Yes, I got it via email about Oct 17 or so - 40% off room rates for quite a few dates all throughout 2009. We were also able to make it into a package with tickets and dining (althought the 40% is this case is still only off the room rate, tickets and dining are the regular price). It made our price of WL standard room go down to $144 plus tax. I was also able to add a second room to it for my parents, who have never been to WDW. Keep checking your email, you might be lucky too!

Does anyone know if Disney has ever offered a discount for those who check in at the end of the year, say Dec. 30th?? It's my husbands birthday & I don't want to change the dates. I have a diver lined up for that evening at Coral Reef. Are we just in the hole where no offers come?? :scared: :sad2:

i've never got an email with offers in it and i have a trip booked for March 09, i would love to get 40% off. Wish i could get some codes.

I've almost convinced DH for a December 2009 trip. We're looking at either 11/29-12/4 or 12/16-12/21. I'm crossing my fingers that I can convince him to do the earlier date! If I can get an even lower rate than $82/night at Pop, then I'm sure he'll be on board. :goodvibes

Count us in! DBF told me a few days ago he wants to go next December (and not in 2010 like we'd originally planned)!!!! He says it cause he figures there will be a good deal with the dip in the economy-I know it's really because he misses all the great food we eat on the Dining Plan (and all the Disney magic!:wizard: )

I'm really hoping we stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but without any sort of code we'll probably end up at Port Orleans Riverside (which is my favorite resort I've stayed at so far-but I've NEVER stayed at WL!) So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of deal!

Count us in! DBF told me a few days ago he wants to go next December (and not in 2010 like we'd originally planned)!!!! He says it cause he figures there will be a good deal with the dip in the economy-I know it's really because he misses all the great food we eat on the Dining Plan (and all the Disney magic!:wizard: )

I'm really hoping we stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but without any sort of code we'll probably end up at Port Orleans Riverside (which is my favorite resort I've stayed at so far-but I've NEVER stayed at WL!) So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of deal!

I am in the same boat as you and your DBF. I am waiting for Disney to put the right bait out there and I'll "BITE HARD". Although I want to get back to the Poly like last Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter