December 2005 Info, Code, Dining, & Special Package Watch! :)

We decided to stay on site at CBR and upgraded to dining, as well! :banana:

The ADRS we booked are:

12/3-- Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner
12/4--Hollywood & Vine for dinner
12/5--'Ohana for dinner
12/6--Boma for dinner
12/7--Crystal Palace for dinner
12/8--Le Cellier for lunch
12/9--Concourse Steak House for dinner
12/10-- head home :cry:

Our strategies (so far!):

Our son is 3 and our daughter is 7. She is totally fearless and loves scary rides (and, luckily, is very tall for her age!), so she is going to team up with DH and do the scary stuff, while I will take the little man on the tamer rides. (I'm a chicken!)

We are renting a car that we got a wonderful deal on at priceline. We will use that for every park except MK. Apparently, it is much quicker to get to MK using Disney's transportation.

We are bringing Motorola Talk-Abouts that a friend is lending us so that we can keep in touch while in the parks. And then I will take the little man home for a nap and/or a swim after lunch every day and go back around dinner time.

I am so excited! Only 4 weeks to go til our Disney vacation! 11/28 - 12/6 !!We were able to use code YQE to upgrade to a moderate hotel (POR) from a value (ASMo) for only $24 extra. This is the dining plan code. And the rooms at POR have a fridge in them already so that will save us about $80 on our trip as well! We could have used the code at another value resort (ASMo was booked) and saved about $400 but my DH really wanted to stay at POR all along. So it worked out great!! And we have tix to the MVMCP for 12/1 and the 8pm Luau on 11/30. We have all of our ADR's made and are all but packed!! The 30 day countdown begins!!!! I'd love to hear from anyone who will be there at the same time!! Happy Halloween!! :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce:

I am jumping out of my skin :Pinkbounc and can't stop talking about this trip. No one wants to listen to me anymore except a friend who is going in February. We have every other day phone calls and weekly get togethers to go over our plans. :hyper2:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: 9 princess: 5 pirate: 5 :wizard: 5
We are staying in the Cabins and plan on having breakfast there.
Here are my ADR's & other scheduled events:
12/2 Whispering Canyon Cafe (D)
12/3 50's Prime Time Cafe (D)
12/4 Late CS Lunch / Grand Gathering Fireworks Cruise
12/5 Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose
12/6 Ohana (D)
Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party
12/7 Crystal Palace (L) / ?? (D) / X Hrs @ MK
12/8 Chef Mickeys (B)
Mickeys Backyard BBQ (D)
12/9 Grand Gathering International Dinner and IllumiNations
12/10 :(

Strategy: Enjoy this trip and be prepared to throw everything I've
prepared out the cabin door. :teeth:

Orgamizer said:
I am so excited! Only 4 weeks to go til our Disney vacation! 11/28 - 12/6. I'd love to hear from anyone who will be there at the same time!! Happy Halloween!! :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce:
:wave: We'll be there 11/27 - 12/2. We'll probably see you there. :wave:

20yrs&counting said:
I am jumping out of my skin and can't stop talking about this trip. No one wants to listen to me anymore except a friend who is going in February. We have every other day phone calls and weekly get togethers to go over our plans.
My mother and 2.5 yr old are the only ones that will listen to me talk about the WDW trip anymore...and of course, DISers (they ALWAYS understand :flower: ).

We'll be there 11/27-12-2 also :cheer2: I can't wait...I think I may be more excited than my DDs. :)

May 2001-All Star Sports
July 2003-CSR
Nov/Dec 2005-Wilderness Lodge :banana: :banana:

Nov. 29, 2005-Our Family's First MVMCP :earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess:

We'll be at CSR Dec. 4 - 10 with the dining plan. It'll be myself, DH, DD(8), & DS(6). We're doing MVMCP Dec. 6 (first time!!). Here is our itinerary so far...

Dec. 4 - arrive @ MCO at 10:20 am. Lunch at PM and check out DD and maybe some other resorts. Dinner at Concourse Steakhouse at 5:25pm

Dec. 5 - Breakfast at Donald's Breakfastosaurus at 8:10am and spend day at AK (maybe take a mid day break if needed)

Dec. 6 - Spend morning at MK and have mid day break and swim (hope the weather's warm), Dinner at Crystal Palace before MVMCP

Dec. 7 - Spend day at DS and over to 1900 Park Fare for 6:00 dinner and then late night at MK

Dec. 8 - 1900 Park Fare for late breakfast and then off the Typhoon Lagoon (again, if weather cooperates) or just take the day off

Dec. 9 - Spend day at Epcot (our first time at this park) and early dinner at Alfredo's

Dec. 10 - :sad1: Back to MCO for our 11:15 am flight

This is just the plan, who knows, it may all change when we get there. We haven't been to any of these restaurants before, but I picked them on the advice of my fellow disers wonderful recommendations - thanks!!

I am sooooooooooo excited for this trip, but this is a surprise for our kids and we don't plan on telling them until the morning we leave. I haven't been able to talk about it at all (well except for here) or tell many people, for fear that the surprise just wouldn't be a surprise anymore. This has been the longest three months!! Only a little over a month left!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I have read this board relentlessly. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I am so excited that I may be overplanning. For you veterens is this plan workable. It will be my husband, 5 yr old daughter and 2 yr son. We are on the dining plan and hope to split a couple of meals to make it last longer.

12/18 arrive Orlando at 11:30 and will use magical express

staying at POFQ.

ADR at CRT at 5:10
tickets to MVMCP at 7 pm

12/19 MGM
2:10 ADR at Sci Fi
plan to go back to hotel and rest and play the evening by ear and how kids are doing

12/20 Sea World We are military and tickets are free

12/21 MK
Begin day with Chef Mickey at 8:10
May take kids back to hotel in middle of day and come back for evening
5:00 pm ADR at Crystal Palace

12/22 Animal Kingdom
Again, let the kids rest in the late afternoon
ADR at cinderella's gala feast at 6:10

12/23 leave for home

My kids will be surprised. We will tell them when we arrive in Orlando and begin to board the disney bus to take us to our hotel. I can not wait.

Oh yeah, my name is Micki too, thought spelled a little different.

Micki can not wait to see Mickey

Micki,
You are going in Dec and not going to see any of the Christmas spectaculars? - Candlelight Processional, Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, etc....You are on the meal plan and still eating at Sci Fi? I would check into their other restaurants first. You said you were sharing a few meals, which I definitely recommend, but you will have plenty of meal credits left over from what I can see.

Orgamizer said:
I am so excited! Only 4 weeks to go til our Disney vacation! 11/28 - 12/6 !!We were able to use code YQE to upgrade to a moderate hotel (POR) from a value (ASMo) for only $24 extra. This is the dining plan code. And the rooms at POR have a fridge in them already so that will save us about $80 on our trip as well! We could have used the code at another value resort (ASMo was booked) and saved about $400 but my DH really wanted to stay at POR all along. So it worked out great!! And we have tix to the MVMCP for 12/1 and the 8pm Luau on 11/30. We have all of our ADR's made and are all but packed!! The 30 day countdown begins!!!! I'd love to hear from anyone who will be there at the same time!! Happy Halloween!! :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce:
We are staying at Wilderness Lodge about the same time! POR was my close second choice.
It's finally almost time for us to go ! ! :bounce: So excited to share the tentative plan with someone who cares and understands!! :goodvibes

Mon - explore WL and FW, lunch at Roaring Forks
5:30 Dinner - Trails End (FW) (ADR)
7:00 Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing-Along & Movie (FW)
? Electrical Water Pageant

Tue - Magic Kingdom !!
6:25 Dinner - O'hana (Poly) (ADR)

Wed - Epcot
3:45 Late Lunch = Early Dinner - Nine Dragons (EP) (ADR)
6:00 Character Tree Lighting
6:45 ? Candlelight Processional (maybe get in, or maybe hear from outside?)
??? If DS makes it, maybe Illuminations @ 9:30
OR if he doesn't, maybe try to catch Wishes from Contemporary or MK?

Thu - Sleep In!
10:10 Breakfast - Chef Mickey's (Cont) (ADR)
? Swim, do laundry, shop?, Monorail / Boat, ??
2:40 Late Lunch = Early Dinner - Whispering Canyon Cafe (WL) (ADR)
4:00+ Magic Kingdom for MVMCP ! !
6:00 DIS MouseMeet at 6:15 Show (Mickey's Night Before Christmas)
Hopefully Parade & Fireworks, as well as family photo, cocoa, cookies, etc.!

Fri - Sleep In!
Downtown Disney
Nap (planning a nap each day - probably back at WL)
Animal Kingdom ('till close, I know we won't have much time, but some)
5:40 Dinner - Boma (AKL) (ADR)

Sat - Disney Studios
1:00 Late Lunch- Sci Fi Diner (ST) (ADR)
5:00 Dinner - Kona Cafe (Poly) (ADR)
hopefully back to Disney Studios to see Osborne Lights

Sun - Animal Kingdom
? afternoon - whichever park or activity we still want to do
7:00 "Sleigh" Carriage Ride @ WL !
? dessert at Artist Point (WL)

Mon - Checkout
Magic Kingdom - inc 10:05 Breakfast with Tigger - Crystal Palace (ADR)
~4:30 - Magical Express bus back to airport :(

Don't know how much we'll actually be able to accomplish with DS (20 months). I do have a nap time planned each day. I'm trying not to have my expectations too high! I'm sure there will be some stressful times and things that don't go as planned, but I'm sure we'll have lots of fun too! Still want to make up some T-shirts and my "Disney Mom" bag!

MHTeacher said:
We'll be there 11/27-12-2 also :cheer2: I can't wait...I think I may be more excited than my DDs. :)

May 2001-All Star Sports
July 2003-CSR
Nov/Dec 2005-Wilderness Lodge :banana: :banana:

Nov. 29, 2005-Our Family's First MVMCP :earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess:
This is too weird. Not only are we arriving and departing on the same days, we'll be at MVMCP on the same night. And I'm a teacher too, (I'm assuming from your username that you're a teacher), just taking a couple of years off to raise my two DDs.

WL is my favorite resort but we're trying BCV since we've never stayed there before and DH wants to stay in the EPCOT area this time.

Have a wonderful and safe trip!

The6ofUs said:
Not much longer now, tripmates! Anyone want to share their trip strategies, restaurant choices, and any other plans with us? Let's keep the excitement going! :Pinkbounc

We're traveling with an eighteen month old, an almost six year old (actually celebrating birthday there), and my fil. My dh went to dw when he was six so it's been quite a long time. I've never been there. We got a super rate for concierge at AKL so we're not doing the dining plan (I wish we could though). We fly out Dec. 2 and we come home Dec. 10. This is all I have so far and I'm sure I need to really get down and get a complete itinerary done....there's just too much to choose from.

Friday - arrive...no plans for much of anything. We should get there around three. I think we'll hit the pool if it's warm enough and explore the lodge and talk to the concierge people about recommendations:) It will be a long day so I just want to relax. I'm sure the kids will have more than enough fun just checking out the animals and the playground and such.

Saturday - I wanted to do the sunrise safari, but I guess it got moved to Sunday and it's full now. The original plan was to do Animal Kingdom park this day. Since we ended up picking up the ss on Thursday instead, this may change. We're going to have dinner at Boma. I also may change that if we opt to do something else. Honestly, I think it would be a lot of fun to grab the monorail and do some touring to get our feet wet.

Sunday - We're heading to MGM. I'm hoping the kids enjoy it. I know there's a lot of adult stuff there. I'm still waiting to hear back about our Hollywood and Vine reservation. Then we want to do Fantasmic.

Monday - Off to Epcot and then we're having dinner at the Trails End Buffet followed by the campfire story and movie. After that DH and I may hit Pleasure Island. (benefit of having the fil there to watch the kiddos)

Tuesday - this is our off day to do whatever. We'll probably relax a little and go to DD. No real plans. Maybe tour some of the other hotels.

Wednesday - this is our dd's birthday so we're going to MK and we're having dinner at Akershus with the Princesses:)

Thursday and Friday were originally free days. We'll have one more "park" day left on our ticket. Thursday we're going on the ss so I guess Thursday will have to be our park day. I wanted to leave a day open to choose our favorite park to hit again. That's why we may not do AK on Saturday. We also want to hit the water park if it's warm enough. We don't have any dinner plans for these days yet. I was thinking the kids might enjoy Crystal Palace so I guess we'd better make up our minds.

Saturday, we fly out early to come home:(

Some other things I would like to do include the Osborne lights and Candelight procession, spectromagic (I think that's what it's called) and I want to take the kids to the cookie baking thing. I'm not even sure where or when any of those things are so if anyone could tell me, that would be appreciated. Overall, I just want the vacation to be fun and relaxing. For an extra $300 I can get ten day tickets for everyone with all of the pluses and hopping an non- expiry so I may just go for that. Then I can guarantee we'll go back to DW someday:)

Kimberly! AKL has awesome kids activities there daily...make sure you check them out and take the time to do them. Over the week, they will earn beads...very pretty beads I might add and at the end, they will make a braclet out of it and get a final family bead. There is a music time.....FUN!!! And Feeding the Flamingos, animal tracking and a few others. They also have cookie decorating in Boma around lunch time each day, which your two will love as well, it is fun!

Kimberly, what kind of passes are you buying, just the Magic Your Way ones? And your kids will like MGM I think. Mine do, and they are 2 and 5. Playhouse Disney is fun, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Backlot Tour, the Stunt Show, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset. Seeing the Osbourne lights. You might want to consider taking the morning easy, get over there later and staying until late that day. Just some suggestions. You are going to love it!!

The6ofUs said:
Not much longer now, tripmates! Anyone want to share their trip strategies, restaurant choices, and any other plans with us? Let's keep the excitement going! :Pinkbounc
Here's our plan...

12/17 - Arrive in the afternoon, check into POR, head to the Magic Kingdom. Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

12/18 - Animal Kingdom, then Epcot. Dinner at Ohana.

12/19 - MGM, then walk to ESPN Club for dinner.

12/20 - Magic Kingdom, then shopping at Downtown Disney. Lunch at Crystal Palace.

12/21 - Epcot, dinner at Le Cellier.

12/22 - Magic Kingdom, lunch with Cinderella :lovestruc

12/23 - Check out :guilty: , character breakfast at Ohana, drive back!

Now I've just got to find out when that guy (Bob?) plays at POR - we'll need to schedule an evening around that.

Our trip plan!!

December 10-18th

Saturday: Arrive around 10:30am, get rental van, hit Costco for a few supplies (bottled water) and to POP Century early afternoon. Do nothing, relax, hit pool, etc. DTD in evening, with dinner at Fultons at 7:30pm

Sunday: Epcot at 9am, lunch in Germany, back to resort until late afternoon, back to Epcot for dinner in Japan

Monday: CM for breakfast, MGM in afternoon, with lunch at Sci Fi

Tuesday: DTD in AM, Dinner at Kona Cafe, then MVMCP

Wednesday: AK, Dinner at Whispering Canyon

Thursday: Epcot again, Candlelight Processional that night, LeCellier for dinner

Friday: MGM again, 50s Prime Time for dinner

Saturday: Boatwrights for breakfast, MK again and Boma for dinner

Sunday: Go Home early!

MemoryMakers2669 said:
Kimberly, what kind of passes are you buying, just the Magic Your Way ones? And your kids will like MGM I think. Mine do, and they are 2 and 5. Playhouse Disney is fun, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Backlot Tour, the Stunt Show, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset. Seeing the Osbourne lights. You might want to consider taking the morning easy, get over there later and staying until late that day. Just some suggestions. You are going to love it!!

Yes, we're getting the MYW. I was just going to get the five day, park hopping with three plus options, but it's not that much more for the ten day with five plus options, park and non-expiry. Then we'd have five park days left and a few plus options for another trip. We'd have to buy ds a ticket on the next trip, but it's interesting to me that I can buy essentially fifteen days (if you use the plus options for the water parks, etc.) for only a little more than it will cost me for eight. I guess I'd better decide and order my tickets :confused3

Trip Plans!

12/9 @ 10:50pm PST: Get on the plane at SFO
12/10 @ 6:00am EST: Arrive at MCO, Magical Express to Coronado Springs, check in
12/10: Epcot during the day, MK at night
12/11: Studios during the day, MK/MVMCP at night
12/12: My 26th birthday, AK during the day, Epcot at night with dinner at Nine Dragons (my fave!)
12/13 - 12/16: Each park a couple more times, one or two nights at Pleasure Island/DTD/DisneyQuest, tour the resorts for Xmas decorations and to see where we might want to stay again, massages at CSR (not sure which day, girlfriend booked that), Candlelight Processional at Epcot, Osborne Lights at Studios, dinners or lunches at Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater and (if we can swing it) V&A's... kind of up in the air!
12/17: one last park in the morning, plane leaves MCO at 6:00pm EST.

We can't wait!!

Well, we just booked at the last minute. Dec 8-15th, Pop Century, $64 a night. (FL resident)

Haven't even made a game plan yet. Any suggestions, LOL?

ladycollector
is that a standard or preferred and is that with tax I have preferred building with tax $79.00 with AAA just curious dec 8. 4 nights
maria

Maria395712 said:
ladycollector
is that a standard or preferred and is that with tax I have preferred building with tax $79.00 with AAA just curious dec 8. 4 nights
maria

It is standard and it comes to about $71 and change per night. (7 nights) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter