December 2,2006...Anyone want to join us?

:flower: :cool1: :flower:

DisneyCruising + DH, DD (13), DS (11), DS (9), DD (7) #8016
Disneefun + DH
Feenie + DH ... anniversary cruise #5020
Alwayslisad + DH, DD and extended family {Sis,BIL,DNH(17),DNH(14),Bro,SIL}
Mom x4, Grandma x4 + DH ....anniversary cruise
TrolleyGirl + DH and extended family
DizCrazy + DH???
PenskeSth1 + DH, DD (17), DS (8) #7094

and our new pals.....
icunurse celeste
gabbysmom 04 + DH, DD (2 1/2), DC? (1)

:flower: :cool1: :flower:

welcome!!!

dear momx4 grandmax4,

thank you for the food advice for the cruise. Food at disney world is something I do know about. I love chef mickeys, and the coral reef. although to be honest I think that coral reef is not as good as it was a few years ago. but that is just me! I planned out our meals for our september trip over two months ago! I just wanted to share that my husband and i just found out that we are having a boy! :goodvibes thanks again!

Gabbysmomo4,
CONGRADULATIONS !!!! :love:
I never knew ahead of time what sex our kids were going to be, but I'll bet it helps to know what clothes to buy ahead of time.
We have never eaten at the coral reef, but I have noticed it doesn't seem to be as busy as it use to be. :confused3
Yesterday was my BD and my DH got me a pair of Mickey Slippers. :earsboy: They are big Mickey Yellow slippers. They make you look like you have Mickey feet. They are big and take some getting use to walking in, they are so comfy, and feel like your walking on air. Now I have the Mickey Hands and feet and ears. :earboy2:
They are sooooooooooo cute!!!
mom x4,grandma x4 :wave:

mom x4 grandma x4, Thank you, we are very excited! Happy belated birthday! Your slippers sould great! I just rebooked our cruise with another stateroom and have decided to stay at the grand floridian for a week after the cruise. I am so excited I wish there was more for me to plan.

:wave2: Hi Gabbysmomof4,
You'll love WDW at the holidays. The parks are so pretty with all the decorations. have you ever been there over Christmas? :confused3
The BIG gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian is really neat to see. It smells so good when you get up close. We go every year just to check out the decorations at the hotels as well as the parks. We don't usually do the rides at that time, just go to check out the decorations so we don't mind the crowds. :goodvibes
Hope you had a good 4th.
All the parks at WDW had special fireworks, but we did not go. It's way too crowded on the 4th. Magic Kingdom maxed out by 10:00 a.m. :sad2: At that point they reserve most of the entrances for their guests that are staying on property hotels. Which is a nice perk for them. :earsgirl:
grandma x4, grandma x4

Hi,

It's early but I may spring for a cruise. I've only been once (Regency Cruise Line's Regent Sun, October 10-17, 1994 to the eastern Caribbean with my mom and travel agent). Unless I can talk my girlfriend into a cruise I will have to pay the single supplement, and I'm not sure I want to do that. Of course I can probably avoid the single supplement when travelling alone by booking an interior stateroom so small, that I'd have to leave the room to turn around.

Jim

Grandma x4,

I have never been at wdw for the holidays and I cannot wait to see everything. The decorations at gf are what made us decide to stay there, we were torn between the gf and the poly. My husband really wants to stay at the gf plus the decorations are supposed to be the best. I hope that it will still be fun for the little ones! We had a great 4th! We had a bbq at our house. How was yours? I would love to see the fireworks at disney, I bet they are great! ::MickeyMo

gabbysmom04,
We stayed at home and had a BBQ too. Since we live in the tourist captiol of the U.S. we usually don't go anywhere on holidays because of the crowds. Accept at Christmas. We hit all the parks, hotels, universal, sea world to see the decorations.
At WDW the biggest display is at MGM, the Osborne family festival of lights. At last count I believe it was over 5 million lights, and of course it is snowing and sometimes carolers are singing too. It usually starts about 7 p.m. It can get pretty crowded right at the start. We usually go about 8 p.m. on a week night. If you like the gingerbread house at the GF, you might want to check out the yacht and beach club, they have a gingerbread carousel that is really neat to see. And at Epcot, in the American Pavilion they have another gingerbread house to see in the restaurant. In the Contempory Hotel, on the same level as all the shops they have a small display of gingerbread houses that people have made. They are very creative with their ingredients and fun to see.
Well it's time for me to get an update on hurricane Dennis. WE got hit with 3 out of 4 hurricanes last year at our house. Twice the eye went right over the top of us. We had no damage to our home, but the neighbors had lots of damage. We are out in the country, and if we get stranded, we are on our own. We do have a generator, with gas, drinking water, extra food, a BBQ to cook on if needed and lots of batteries for the radio. And since we have a new house as of January, this time we will have a pool to cool off in if we loose our air conditioning. We save the generator for the freezer and frig and lights, with ceiling fans.
Hope you have a great weekend,
mom x4,grandma x4 Kathy :wave2:

Grandma x4,
I can only imagine how busy it must be there during the holidays. I don't know what I am looking foward to more our first disney cruise or wdw decorated for christmas. We were in wdw in september of last year and experienced one of the storms. Disney was amazing we were stying at POR and had to stay in our room for a little over 24 hours. They would call every few hours with weather updates and when we might be able to leave the room. Thank god our daughter was only 3 months at the time or we would have had our hands full. The next day it was as if nothing had hapened the parks were running like normal. we did however spend a ton on food to keep in the room for that day, lol, we bought like we would be stuck there for a week. do you have any shore trips planned for the cruise?
:earsboy:

Congratulations Gabbysmom!!!
Babies are so cute!! He will be a really fun age by the time our cruise rolls around. :)
I hope everyone is doing well!!
Summer time is crazy :crazy: My cats may lead a revolt If we don't start being home more. Poor babies. All we do is sleep, get up and leave again :cat:
We leave for Orlando for a Disney trip in 126 days!!! We can't wait!! :hourglass

feenie,
thanks! To be honest I am a little scared of having a two year old and a baby who is one on a cruise but we will make it work. our daughter has been to disney world twice and we have three more trips planned! We have 3 chihuahuas they show their anger by helping around the house, maybe they should talk to your cats. :earsboy:

event.png

event.png

In answer to your question, No we havnt decided on any excursions yet. Sometimes we just walk through down and shop instead of excursions. That way we have the morning on a deserted ship to enjoy the pool, and go on shore all afternoon or evening, depending on what time we have to be back on board. By the time we take this cruise we will have been on the Eastern cruise twice and the Western once. We may decide on an excursion that we havnt done before. Also this cruise is actually back to back 7 day cruises for us, so we will have 14 days of cruising and plenty of excursions to choose from over that period of time. I'll see what the budget allows.
How about you? Any special excursions you want to take? If I have already done them I'll tell you what we thought about them. The one thing most excursions have in common is the lack of restrooms, and some charge $1.00 to use them. They say water is GOLD on the islands.
mom x4,grandma x4

Mom x 4, I am not sure what we are going to do. At first I was looking at beach trips, But now I kind of want to do short trips and spend our time on the ship. And as you wrote it will be a quiet ship. I cannot imagine a 14 day cruise, wow. :earsboy: How wonderful for you! I was thinking about you over the weekend and am hoping you were not effected by the hurricane. I hear that this next one might be traveling up the east coast. I sure hope not, we own a condo in Pompano Beach and worry about it. Last week my husband and I booked our airline tickets for of wdw trip in March we have decided on staying ten nights! That will be our longest trip so far, and our new babies first trip! :earsboy:

comic sans ms
We are staying in room 8016 in September. I am so excited we reserved this room long long ago!!!! I can't wait.

Nicole :cool1:

gabysmom04,
Wow 10 days at WDW, that'a great! With that many days you can take your time and really enjoy yourselves without having to rush too much. :moped:
Are you going to stay at WDW?
They have several new attractions that opened this year for you to see.
We are taking our grandkids there in about 2 weeks when they come to visit. They love WDW :goodvibes and are looking forward to seeing new things. We will also take them to see Busch gardens, sea world, universal, cypress gardens, gatorland, and typhoon lagoon. They will be here a month, so we have lots of time. :hourglass
We did get a lot of rain from Dennis, and a bit of a breeze once in awhile. Not bad really, but the ground is already saturated because this is our rainy season, then lots of rain from Dennis left us with standing water everywhere.
Tonights news has the next storm missing Florida all together, so your beach house should be ok, at least for now. :flower:
Have a great weekend,
mom x4,grandma x4 :wave:

Mom x4,

I am so excited for that trip! Well, I am loking foward to all of our trips. So far we are booked for almost a week in September at BCV, then onto a Week in Fort Lauderdale at Marriott Beach Towers. We are going to WDW in March and we plan to stay at BWV. We just became DVC members in September of last year. This will be our first time staying at a DVC resort, although we always stay at disney. We plan to come for a week in June, and we have our cruise booked then five nights at the Grand Floridian. That is all I have planned for now. I hope that I have not bored you with my vacation plans. :earsgirl:

I'm so glad that I am not the only one who has vacations planned way out in advance!!

We didn't get off the ship at all on our eastern last year. (except for castaway cay) We did spa stuff while the ship was in port and relaxed on the mostly empty ship. It was very nice.

:flower:

feenie,
You are not the only one when I am around. I am even planning beyond December! I love Disney so much that planning trips makes me feel as though it is closer then it sometimes is. I am starting to surf these boards all the time. :earsboy: It is also exciting to think of our sons first trip to disney world!

Ladies, :flower:
Your not alone with vacation planning. I'm now working on a cruise for 2007. As soon as they release those for reservations we will be booking the 10 day Christmas cruise. :goodvibes I love planning ahead of time, that way when we return from a trip, instead of feeling it's all over. I can think, that was such a fantastic vacation and I only have 253 days until we go again. :cheer2: No if's ands or buts, it is booked and we are going!!! Plus we always do a few 3 day weekends here and there when DH can get an extra day off. This fall we want to stay at AK resort or Wilderness lodge for a weekend. That sounds funny because we drive to WDW all the time. But it's nice to just stay there sometimes for a couple of nights. I may take a trip to Oregon this fall too so I can see my mother. :cloud9: I hate to fly and have never done it alone, so I need to think about that. :confused3 I usually take the train, which I love, but it takes 4 nights and 5 days to get there. I have a private room, but that's 2 weeks of just traveling, then 2 weeks to visit and I'm gone for a month. That is along time to be away from home. :guilty: And it's very expensive.
I'm glad to hear that both you ladies get to travel a lot. It is so much fun. :cool1:
I'm anxious to meet both of you when we get on board. :grouphug:
mom x4,grandma x4

I look foward to meeting you too. I love to travel! I cannot stop planning trips to disney. sorry it took me so long to write back, we had a rough week here. I just started progesterone shots to hopefully prevent preterm labor and it really hurts. I have to get this shot once a week. then when i got home from the doctor my dd who's one was covered in hives so back to the doctor i went! on top of all that our flight to wdw in march has been changed and we now have a 6 hour layover in ohio. so that is a two hour drive to the airport a flight to ohio six hours waiting in the airport and then a flight to wdw arriving there at almost midnight. and that is with a two year old and a three month old! I am sorry for dumping this on you but I do not know what to do. oh I almost forgot our tenents in our condo in fort lauderdale told us they mgiht be leaving in late august and now we have to find renters from NY. :rotfl2: someone please wish me some luck!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter