• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

It is official! I canceled the Dec 8th cruise and we are sticking with you guys! I was gonna be soooo bummed because it seems like such a fun bunch and I want to do the Champagne girls event for sure! Not too sure that I am a boa kind of girl, but my grandma will look down on me with a big grin! She took to them so much in the last year or two of her life that my cousin has one wrapped around the urn that holds her ashes.

We are just a couple of weeks from school starting. All the shopping is completed for my oldest. I'm waiting on a supply list for the youngest. After Dale gets home tonight I will go to campus and get my advising done so that I can register for my class/classes. I'm still not sure what I'm taking or how many hours. I want to finish school ASAP though. Restarting as a freshman at 42? Yeah, that's me.

Welcome Tim, Wendy, and anyone else I have missed. As the cruise gets closer I hope to be on here more...gotta get those excursions planned. Definitely want to do the Bacardi tour. I think I saw where Skye had some info posted a few pages ago.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AmandaRG & Family are staying with us!!!!! I knew that you would................I knew you were going to say that....................I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!!!

Like Kevin and you Amanda, I went back to school when I was a little older. But you know everyone - my fellow students & teachers alike - didn't treat me any different. (But of course Donna says I have a brain of a 12 year old...........so I guess they couldn't tell any difference.):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Happy to have you staying with us Amanda :thumbsup2

Spent last week in Sanibel Island...GORGEOUS!!! All rested and ready to go back to LIFE :goodvibes Started school for the summer semester (RN to BSN) and looking forward to finishing it up before the cruise.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC WEEK!!!

Hi everyone!! Between the sick, recovering and the pregnant women, life is in overdrive and overtime. Hope to finish updating what I have this weekend.
Lee

PS I am getting all the pm's I need to address them.

Hi everyone!! Between the sick, recovering and the pregnant women, life is in overdrive and overtime. Hope to finish updating what I have this weekend.
Lee

I'm sorry you've been going through all that, Lee. :(

Happy to have you staying with us Amanda :thumbsup2

Spent last week in Sanibel Island...GORGEOUS!!! All rested and ready to go back to LIFE :goodvibes Started school for the summer semester (RN to BSN) and looking forward to finishing it up before the cruise.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC WEEK!!!

Sounds like a great time!:beach:

I hope your friend is doing better. That was such wise advice you gave earlier and I had meant to thank you for writing about cherishing our loved ones. TY:cheer2::cheer2:

Congrats about continuing your education to everyone :thumbsup2 That's awesome!

Yay! Amanda :goodvibes We're looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Lee

Lee, step back and take a breath, have a :mickeybar. All will be ok. You are doing a GREAT job, and we all appreciate your hard work.:worship::thumbsup2:cool1:

Lee, step back and take a breath, have a :mickeybar. All will be ok. You are doing a GREAT job, and we all appreciate your hard work.:worship::thumbsup2:cool1:

I agree with David. And thanks for all your hard work.

To quote an old song, "149 days to go, 149 days to go, we take them fast, we take them slooooooowwwww........." Not that any one is counting.

Kevin

Getting excited about our upcoming cruise! This is our 2nd DCL vacation, but our 1st was in June. Can anyone tell me about what the weather and water temps are like this time of year?

Dale will be enjoying those Mickey Bars onboard, for sure!

I posted on facebook that I booked our flights. I'll get with the TA about transportation as she has a limo company that can do it for about half of DCL transportation AND we can make a pit stop on the way for provisions if we need to.

Dale will be teaching the second quarter, giving the final on the 13th! I'm hoping he can work it out where he can get them graded easily. We have a 3 hour drive to Birmingham, AL to fly to MCO so hopefully we can make it smoothly.

Skye, I'd love to join your group to the forts, etc! It sounds like a blast!

After last nights fun and excitement (rain, hail, flooding, and heavy winds) I was waiting for the locust but at this rate, I am sure they will be coming on the next storm....:laughing:

Gentlemen and yes Hens, I am informing you there is a new threat to all remotes:stir: It is the couch:happytv:. I think the cushions are a life sucking soft eating machine. they start by eating small snacks then then work themselves up to remotes... I left a remote to fend for its self by leaving it on the cushion and when I cam back it was stuck between the cushion and the side of the chair.....:eek: Now I am only talking about a few moments. Just imagine what would happen if I left it for 10 minutes or longer:furious:

But on a side note: We are doing a back to back cruise on the Dream next year:woohoo::woohoo:

I hoe, I hoe, I'ts back to client meetings I go::rolleyes:

Dale will be enjoying those Mickey Bars onboard, for sure!

I posted on facebook that I booked our flights. I'll get with the TA about transportation as she has a limo company that can do it for about half of DCL transportation AND we can make a pit stop on the way for provisions if we need to.

Dale will be teaching the second quarter, giving the final on the 13th! I'm hoping he can work it out where he can get them graded easily. We have a 3 hour drive to Birmingham, AL to fly to MCO so hopefully we can make it smoothly.

Skye, I'd love to join your group to the forts, etc! It sounds like a blast!

Can you pass along the name of the limo company you use? We are staying at WDW a few days before the cruise and read that it'll be cheaper to get a car service to take us (3 adults, 2 kids) to the port vs DCL transportation. Just not sure of a reputable service that will take us all. :)

Getting excited about our upcoming cruise! This is our 2nd DCL vacation, but our 1st was in June. Can anyone tell me about what the weather and water temps are like this time of year?

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: jnpence and family to the cruise!!! Sooooooooo glad ya'll could join us. :cool1::thumbsup2:banana:
As far as the temps in December................well in will probably be chilly. December in Florida averages around 70 degrees. We will be heading south, but still the temps could be cool and the water temps also on the cool side. We were in Castaway Cay one year in October and the water was just a bit cool for my taste. But, I got to say, the kids didn't seem to notice at all, and I did get use to it after a bit.

We are just a couple of weeks from school starting. All the shopping is completed for my oldest. I'm waiting on a supply list for the youngest. After Dale gets home tonight I will go to campus and get my advising done so that I can register for my class/classes. I'm still not sure what I'm taking or how many hours. I want to finish school ASAP though. Restarting as a freshman at 42? Yeah, that's me.

I'm sure`you will do just fine Amanda.:thumbsup2 I too (like everyone else on here it seems::yes::) went back to med school 4 years after earning my Bachelor's. The people in my class ranged all the way from 19 (think Doogie Howser :eek:) to 51 years old (imagine, 4 years of med school, then 3-4 years of residency, he didn't start practicing until he was ALMOST 60! :scared:)

Can you pass along the name of the limo company you use? We are staying at WDW a few days before the cruise and read that it'll be cheaper to get a car service to take us (3 adults, 2 kids) to the port vs DCL transportation. Just not sure of a reputable service that will take us all. :)

There are actually quite a few good ones to choose from! I've used (and been happy with): Tiffany Towncar and Southern Elegance; DIS sponsor FL Tours is getting good reviews again, also Happy Limo. Recently friends have use the Coco Beach based Executive VIP Limo and been very happy (got great rates). http://www.executiveviplimousine.com/index.html

I posted on Facebook that Man vs. Food did a show on Puerto Rico and went to a restaurant in San Juan. It sounded like some good stuff! I ended up in the hospital for two days for some tests and the channels were very limited!!! Thank goodness for Sprout, though or the girls would have driven me batty when they were there. NO Disney channels???!!!

All is clear, though with the tests. Discharged with no meds or orders so I'm happy about that!

Dale got to have a fun couple of days. Any time I go out of town I prep stuff for him to cook/feed the girls while I am gone but this was sudden so there wasn't any advanced planning!

And a very Happy Monday Morning to one and all!!! I hope everyone is having a GREAT day to start off the week.

I think we need to all get together this morning and sing Happy Birthday to Kevin, the President of the Worldwide Man Club. Today is his birthday, and we need to put our voices together and wish him a very Happy Birthday. So if I may, lets get our best singing voices together and lets sing Happy Birthday to Kevin. Ok, "Happy".................come on everyone sing...................."Happy Birthday to you"..................thats it ya'll are sounding GREAT................."Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Kevin, Happy Birthday to you!!!!" Everyone did wonderful!!! (Soneone was just a little flat....................what:confused3...............I don't.................oh, ok..................never mind everyone.................DW tells me it was me who was singing off key!!!) And I practiced so hard too!!!!:confused3
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!!

After last nights fun and excitement (rain, hail, flooding, and heavy winds) I was waiting for the locust but at this rate, I am sure they will be coming on the next storm....:laughing:

Gentlemen and yes Hens, I am informing you there is a new threat to all remotes:stir: It is the couch:happytv:. I think the cushions are a life sucking soft eating machine. they start by eating small snacks then then work themselves up to remotes... I left a remote to fend for its self by leaving it on the cushion and when I cam back it was stuck between the cushion and the side of the chair.....:eek: Now I am only talking about a few moments. Just imagine what would happen if I left it for 10 minutes or longer:furious:

But on a side note: We are doing a back to back cruise on the Dream next year:woohoo::woohoo:

I hoe, I hoe, I'ts back to client meetings I go::rolleyes:

Thanks Sarge for this very important information. I too, have witnessed this very same thing with the remote and couch cushions. I had blamed DW with stuffing the remote into the cushions trying to hide the remote from me. But now the truth comes out!!! And me and that ol' couch go way back..............many good memories.................good times, good times.................she cradled me when I fell asleep on her oh some many times...............she supported me during the losing days of my favorite sports team.................and thru the winning days as well.......................she caught food when I would drop it, and keep it from hitting the floor.............................and never once did she complain...........good times, good times!!!! I'll never trust that.....................couch again!!!!

Oh you lucky people you................doing a b2b on the Dream. DW and I did that last September, we had a GREAT time. I know you guys will too. We are planning on doing that again here some time in the future!!! I hope you got the same stateroom for both cruises. That way you won't have to pack your things between cruises. Congratulations on your upcoming b2b!!!

I posted on Facebook that Man vs. Food did a show on Puerto Rico and went to a restaurant in San Juan. It sounded like some good stuff! I ended up in the hospital for two days for some tests and the channels were very limited!!! Thank goodness for Sprout, though or the girls would have driven me batty when they were there. NO Disney channels???!!!

All is clear, though with the tests. Discharged with no meds or orders so I'm happy about that!

Dale got to have a fun couple of days. Any time I go out of town I prep stuff for him to cook/feed the girls while I am gone but this was sudden so there wasn't any advanced planning!

Amanda..............glad to hear you are ok!!! That sounds like it was quite the scare. I missed the show as well. Tried to find it................but must have missed it. Maybe it will be replayed some time soon.

I remember way back when our two were little and I had to fix the meals when Donna was gone. Thank goodness for PBJ's sandwiches!!!! (There weren't any microwaves back then................there weren't any stoves either.........just the open fire pit!!!):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter