December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

Welcome Wendy.

Anyone else see the irony of her liking a pirate when she is named Wendy?
lol at least she is from the other movie with pirates and has good taste.

Ya know ... I never made that connection :confused3

Hello to all! :)

ERDocG's DW here. This is my 1st time on a discussion board. Looking forward to meeting everyone in 5 months!

(Tim set this up for me, I chose the screen name):love:

I too would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: you CaptJackFan (aka Wendy) to the DIS Board. Doc's wife eeehhhhhhhhhhhh.............bet you got your hands full with that guy, huh??? You probably have to keep him in line like my wife Donna does....................she is so suttle(sp) I don't even know she is doing it.................and afterwards, I think to myself....................what just happened here???:confused3 Hey Captn Jack is Donna's favorite as well, I have lost out to him............I don't know how many times!!! Any who Wendy....................Hooooooowwwwwwwwwddddeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! And welcome, glad you are joining us!!!

Guess that means that I'm a-pickin'. :rockband:

:ssst: Good thing that I at least DO know how to play (not guitar or banjo ... but bass, keyboard, or trumpet). :thumbsup2

Use to play the guitar and a little piano many years ago (around 30), but who is counting.

DD10 plays the piano, organ, baritone, and is going to start on the guitar this fall. Good news is we own the guitar. :thumbsup2 I might work with her to get back into the guitar myself.

Kevin

ERDocG's DW here. This is my 1st time on a discussion board. Looking forward to meeting everyone in 5 months!

Hi, Wendy :goodvibes and Tim,

We're glad your family will be sailing with us. :beach: Can't wait! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hey Tim and Wendy. I know you all live in OH, does that mean you are Ohio State Fans? Former Michigander here, GO BLUE!

Kevin

LuvEyore and Dreamcruiser and Ibounce

Just checkin' to see if you guys got the PM's I sent ya. My "sent box" reads 0?:confused3

Sorry, I was missing from the DIS for a while. Got your PM and will take care of it in just a few more moments!

Welcome Wendy :wave:

Ladies....anyone else want to GET THEIR PINK ON ?

See page one for the current list of those wanting to meet up for a CHAMPAGNE GIRLS gathering at Oh La La! Closer in to cruise time I'll hunt you all down for cabin numbers in case you need to be contacted about revised plans once we are on the ship.

Got about 4 weeks till Platinum booking day. Better make sure my cabin mates are ready to pay in full by then! :scared1: Guess I need to discuss some stuff with my gang regarding Palo and port activities too.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Morning all!!!! And, a very HAPPY Monday morning to ya'll!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes.....................i even took off my glasses and cleaned them................a first for a week or more........................but, I found us back on page 3 AGAIN!!! How does that happen!!! :confused3 Any who, got us back on page 1 where we belong.

The remote battle continues in our household. This week-end Emily came over to stay with us. We all were watching a movie in the living room. The movie goes off, and I reach for the remote. Emily, our darling Granddaughter, beats me to the punch and grabs it first. Now this is a big game with her and I, see who can beat the other at anything. So she really likes to rub it in when she beats me at something. (To be honest with ya'll, I let her win most of the time.:rolleyes1 No really I do!!!::yes:: Really, I do.:worried: She beats me more and more everytime!!!!:sad::sad::sad:) When it's the three of us here I feel like this guy in the middle.!!!:crowded: Any way, then she hands over the remote to DW and says here Nana you pick the next show for us to watch. I think she is in "Remote Training 101" with DW training her for her role as an adult female. They are teaching them younger and younger nowa days my fellow Man Club members. We need to step up our training of the new and upcoming male members for their roles.

I over heard DW telling Emily about all of the hard work she had to put in to get me to where I am today. Donna told Emily, that we guys just don't come out of the box like this. You have to shape, and mold them into something you can work with, and it takes a lot of work to get us guys to that point. I never even knew any of this was going on!??! Did any of you guys.................know you were being shaped and molded into something else!!!??????:confused3

Thank you for the information. We would like to participate in our first FE (third DCl cruise) and I think I have signed up properly. How do I know if I have?

When it's the three of us here I feel like this guy in the middle.!!!:crowded:

I over heard DW telling Emily about all of the hard work she had to put in to get me to where I am today. Donna told Emily, that we guys just don't come out of the box like this. You have to shape, and mold them into something you can work with, and it takes a lot of work to get us guys to that point. I never even knew any of this was going on!??! Did any of you guys.................know you were being shaped and molded into something else!!!??????:confused3

Here at our house, it is just the opposite. There are FOUR GUYS (counting Rio, our dog) to 1 DW. She must LOVE "shaping & molding":scared:

It IS tough preparing them for their future MAN CLUB days (except Rio, who's been "fixed", ... wait a minute:scratchin ... can he STILL be a member of the MAN CLUB:confused3). So ...:idea: I have made their bedroom's their own little Man Cave's, where they have their OWN TV and REMOTE!:happytv: (I STILL don't have MY own TV):sad2: It's been so long, I'm not even sure I remember what a remote IS!:blush:

Here at our house, it is just the opposite. There are FOUR GUYS (counting Rio, our dog) to 1 DW. She must LOVE "shaping & molding":scared:

It IS tough preparing them for their future MAN CLUB days (except Rio, who's been "fixed", ... wait a minute:scratchin ... can he STILL be a member of the MAN CLUB:confused3). So ...:idea: I have made their bedroom's their own little Man Cave's, where they have their OWN TV and REMOTE!:happytv: (I STILL don't have MY own TV):sad2: It's been so long, I'm not even sure I remember what a remote IS!:blush:

Good job on starting them early, wow their own MAN cave with remote.:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1:

Rio can still be in the World Wide MAN club. He can dig the MAN cave. Might have to watch out for the bones though.:scratchin I had a dog once that the other dogs would tell where to dig and she would dig the escape tunnel.:confused3

All I know is that the remote is that thing that is always just out of my reach

Kevin

Good job on starting them early, wow their own MAN cave with remote.:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1:

Rio can still be in the World Wide MAN club. He can dig the MAN cave. Might have to watch out for the bones though.:scratchin I had a dog once that the other dogs would tell where to dig and she would dig the escape tunnel.:confused3

All I know is that the remote is that thing that is always just out of my reach

Kevin

Poor Hershey- yes the other dogs would bark at her and tell her where to dig. Thing was the other dogs were smaller than Hershey so when they got out we knew, located them, rounded them up and had them back in the yard before the hole ever got big enough for Hershey to get out.

Okay, back to packing. Looking forward to the reward after this is all over.
NW

Hi all! I can't believe that our cruise is less than 5 months from now! I can't wait!!!

DS8 is particularly looking forward to the cruise, because I've informed him that he'll be allowed to check himself in/out of Oceaneer's Lab as long as he lets me or DH know where he'll be at all times. He'll be given extra freedom to roam free if he's with a friend. However, he's pretty nervous about making a friend on board ship the first night, so I agreed to help him find an e-penpal or two to get a friendship (or two!) started.

If your child is around the same age and would like to pre-make a friend, please PM and I'll send you DS8's email address. This would work particularly well if your child will be allowed similar freedom to roam the ship.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to meeting new folks!

It is official! I canceled the Dec 8th cruise and we are sticking with you guys! I was gonna be soooo bummed because it seems like such a fun bunch and I want to do the Champagne girls event for sure! Not too sure that I am a boa kind of girl, but my grandma will look down on me with a big grin! She took to them so much in the last year or two of her life that my cousin has one wrapped around the urn that holds her ashes.

We are just a couple of weeks from school starting. All the shopping is completed for my oldest. I'm waiting on a supply list for the youngest. After Dale gets home tonight I will go to campus and get my advising done so that I can register for my class/classes. I'm still not sure what I'm taking or how many hours. I want to finish school ASAP though. Restarting as a freshman at 42? Yeah, that's me.

Welcome Tim, Wendy, and anyone else I have missed. As the cruise gets closer I hope to be on here more...gotta get those excursions planned. Definitely want to do the Bacardi tour. I think I saw where Skye had some info posted a few pages ago.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Thanks! I REALLY wanted to do the eastern since we did the western last year, but I don't know that we will be able to sail with them in the future...excited about the Secret Mickey and the FE!

Yeah AmandaRG is going with us- on this cruise!!

The excursions are much cheaper than the western especially with only 2 port days instead of 3.

Were you wanting to join our group that is touring the forts on our own?
Skye

It is official! I canceled the Dec 8th cruise and we are sticking with you guys! I was gonna be soooo bummed because it seems like such a fun bunch and I want to do the Champagne girls event for sure! Not too sure that I am a boa kind of girl, but my grandma will look down on me with a big grin! She took to them so much in the last year or two of her life that my cousin has one wrapped around the urn that holds her ashes.

We are just a couple of weeks from school starting. All the shopping is completed for my oldest. I'm waiting on a supply list for the youngest. After Dale gets home tonight I will go to campus and get my advising done so that I can register for my class/classes. I'm still not sure what I'm taking or how many hours. I want to finish school ASAP though. Restarting as a freshman at 42? Yeah, that's me.

Welcome Tim, Wendy, and anyone else I have missed. As the cruise gets closer I hope to be on here more...gotta get those excursions planned. Definitely want to do the Bacardi tour. I think I saw where Skye had some info posted a few pages ago.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Good luck with school. I went back to work on my BS at 27 and was so scared of not making it that the Dorm students thought I was a commuter student, was in my room all the time studing:), but I got a 4.0 that term. Started working on my masters a couple of years ago at 50.

Now we just need to get Dale in the World Wide MAN Club:grouphug:

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter