• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

Ladies -- we can practice for Parker's big day on Dec. 18th for mine :cake: (must be chocolate). Yes, it's true, I am tagging along. Right now thinking back to back on Fantasy

Hadn't you already booked the podcast cruise?
YEAH! Another birthday celebration and more excuses for CHOCOLATE!

Traveling solo - rooming with a friend.

Ros is not just rooming with a 'friend'...she's rooming with my baby sister!! :woohoo:

Glad to see all you Floridians have survived Debbie. My former team-mate from work is vacationing at WDW this week :sad2: but at least we 'Zonies" enjoy the rain since we don't see it that often...but I don't think that is what she was looking for this week!

....and finally....shouldn't it be the WORLDWIDE HEN/MAN CLUB? (ladies first and all that). Although don't know how fond I am of the term 'hen club' to begin with....

Ok, I have a question for all my fellow cruisers out there. Have any of you tried the escargot on board the Disney ships? I have not, but I am very curious about it. What does it taste like................chicken??? Something else???? Is it an acquired taste????? Does it simply melt in your mouth?????? A little background is needed here. I do like oysters, clams, most any fish dish, although I am not a big shrimp fan, but I will eat some of it. So, anyone have an opinion on the escargot??? Calamari, there's another one...........any ideas on this one as well???

Our combined forces must have convinced DCL to add more tours or face a mutiny. So, from my point of view we won.

Sarge

Allright, Joining forces for the common good of all:cool1::banana: Power to the people

Ok, I have a question for all my fellow cruisers out there. Have any of you tried the escargot on board the Disney ships? I have not, but I am very curious about it. What does it taste like................chicken??? Something else???? Is it an acquired taste????? Does it simply melt in your mouth?????? A little background is needed here. I do like oysters, clams, most any fish dish, although I am not a big shrimp fan, but I will eat some of it. So, anyone have an opinion on the escargot??? Calamari, there's another one...........any ideas on this one as well???

Had both. They were very good. Looking forward to getting them again.

Kevin

Escargot- in my life I have had it prepared well and not so well. Disney's tasted great. They had already removed them from the shell which makes them easier to eat, but it felt odd and kind of disappoointing not to use the nail removing tool. Don't be afraid to try it.

Calamari- I snitched some of Kevin's. I have had squid before and had not liked it. I liked Disney's.

My suggestion,
try both!! I like both and the 18 year olds with us like both.

Haven't had the chance to CUOP, but just wanted to check in, if anyone is currently dealing with flood or fire, our prayers are with you. I live in central Florida about 30 min. from Disney and we faired ok, but have friends in the clearwater and lake city area that are struggling. With all this weather and our dear friend's DH still in a coma it has been a busy and exhausting month. Hope to get back to the fun of cruise planning soon!!!

Take care everyone and tell the ones you love how much they mean to you!!!:goodvibes:love::goodvibes

Haven't had the chance to CUOP, but just wanted to check in, if anyone is currently dealing with flood or fire, our prayers are with you. I live in central Florida about 30 min. from Disney and we faired ok, but have friends in the clearwater and lake city area that are struggling. With all this weather and our dear friend's DH still in a coma it has been a busy and exhausting month. Hope to get back to the fun of cruise planning soon!!!

Take care everyone and tell the ones you love how much they mean to you!!!:goodvibes:love::goodvibes

Glad to hear you all are ok. Our prayers are with our family and friends in Florida and freinds in Colorado.:grouphug:

Kevin

Good news- my sis was able to get close enough to check out Mom's house by wading through ankle deep water.

The water came all the way up to the threshold, but did not cross over!!!!
The garage floor entry rug needs replacing. The inside house flooring is okay.

The power was out for several days so the refrigerator and the garage freezer contents need replacing.

It will be another day or two for the water to go down the rest of the way before mom can get in safely. She's just very thankful as she did not have flood insurance.

Skye

Nemo loves them both. Me, I dread escargot night, but it gives him such joy I tolerate it.

http://www.nps.gov/saju/index.htm
The official fort site

Seems the Disney walking tour still has us walking this exact route to the forts, just doing it in style following someone in historic costume.

More intel--
The Bacardi Tour is actually free- you just have to get there.
http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/bacardi-rum-factory/

Seem to be $7 round trip per person and includes a ferry and a taxi. Actually seems to be the recommended way to do it as the tours take longer driving around.

If you just want to take a taxi there is it $31 so do not do that.

Unless Mickey himself is leading me thru the fort, I think a group of us could make it there and back on our own without a shore excursion. What exactly do you get for the extra $$$?:confused3

Unless Mickey himself is leading me thru the fort, I think a group of us could make it there and back on our own without a shore excursion. What exactly do you get for the extra $$$?:confused3

I'm thinking for $44 each- a really nice lunch out.
or
Some cool souvenirs from the fort gift shop.

Our cruise is officially paid in full:banana: :cheer2::thumbsup2
And we are hoping to book the all day sail and snorkel on St. Thomas and the Bacardi and Old San Juan tour in Puerto Rico. Once I pay for our hotel stays at the AoA our December trip will be complete.
Does anyone know if brunches are back in Palo? We're really like to do the brunch.

Have a great and safe 4th everyone:yay:
Deepirate:

Good news- my sis was able to get close enough to check out Mom's house by wading through ankle deep water.

The power was out for several days so the refrigerator and the garage freezer contents need replacing.

It will be another day or two for the water to go down the rest of the way before mom can get in safely. She's just very thankful as she did not have flood insurance.

Skye

That is good news about your mon's home Skye!!!:cool1::banana::thumbsup2 Donna and I are glad to hear that there was no damage to her home. :woohoo:

Skye

I hope she's comfortable where she's staying until your mom can go home. That's good news. :goodvibes

Mom called . She's home.

Had to buy a new garbage can as hers went on a vacation with a water view.

She was about to start cleaning out the stinky fridge and freezer.

Hello Everyone!! What a busy weekend. I work in a hospital in Roanoke VA where more than have the surrounding area is without power in the heat wave. Staying a hotel tonight because of the heat. Last time I looked I think the death count in Virginia is over 8 because of Friday nights storms. I am fine and my home is fine and we were without electricity for maybe 6 hours however I have friends that may be without lights until Saturday July 7 in the heat. I know that our hospital er was on the diaster plan. Please pray for the areas affected.

On the better things...The list...updated cruiser list with the FE groupings is ready to go out(or will be tomorrow afternoon. How do you all want this to go out? I can try to post it on the facebook page for one. I will also try to have the Secret Mickey parings that I know about people wanting to do done by Thursday unless I get called to work.

Fish extenders is like a secret santa for a group. Each family gives gifts to the others. These maybe purchased, handmade, may be for each individual or for the family or a combination of the above. It is the thought that counts. This is why we have to have staterooms. As those of you who have GTY get assignments, I will need to get your updates. If you upgrade at port, you have my room number, leave me a message and I will have a corrected list available at our DIS meet once we are onboard. (and No I will not plan it!!!)
The doors have a fish or a seahorse to hold notices and people make or buy fish extenders to put on these which have pockets to hold the goodies you recieve. You may given your goodies to others as you wish.

Secret Mickey is where one family is assigned another family and they given gifts 2+ times during the cruise. The limit for this is 25-30 dollars to spend on the family throughout the week. Who your secret Mickey is will be revealed later during the cruise either last sea day or Castaway Cay Day.

Reminder, if you havent signed up on the cruiser list, please do so.

Thanks
Lee
Keeper of the Lists

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter