December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

:hippie:

Just booked this cruise. :flower3:

We had to re-book our Dec 3 2011 to this date. So happy to see this board so active. It is a wonderful time to be cruising.:thumbsup2

:welcome: MerMade! I hope you will sign up on our cruiser list!

BTW - I am just a bit southwest of you, in the Spruce Creek Fly-In in Port Orange (near Daytona Beach). :)

Shari

MerMade - I see you signed up as I was typing! :thanks:

Don't worry about the first entry that didn't quite have all of the cabin number. I deleted that one. ;)

Hello all,
what a great group you all are.
And howdy neighbor! :wave2:
This will be my 3rd DCL cruise and my daughter Susan's 5th.:woohoo:
Was so excited to find out about porting in San Juan. Nice change.
I was so depressed about not cruising this December.:sad:
I am a DCL addict.
But the new ship and new port make up for it. :banana:

Gives me lots of planning time.::yes::

:dance3:

Hi Jilljill,
We live north of Brisbane, about one hours drive. I attended UQ and it's a great university (the oldest in the state). I have to say though that Queensland University of Technology (QUT) has the most comprehensive education programs in Qld - just in case that helps!!
Hope to see you on the cruise :rotfl:

Thanks so much for that info, DD is looking it up now as I type this. She's really liking the college so far for the info she has found. I'll have to check out the college as well.
Sounds like you are either in or near the Sunshine Coast.

Barb

On the outskirts of Brisbane in North Lakes; Sunny Coast is another hour north! :)

Ps. My husband is doing his law degree through QUT at the moment so if you need any help navigating the site let us know!

There are other places she should be able to get her strawberries during the day too - we found them at Cove Cafe up on deck 11 and at the Vista Cafe on deck 4. I hope I have the names right, they are the 2 coffee bars on deck 11 (adults only) and on deck 4 that is open to anyone. I thought they were going to send out the strawberry patrol on us since we always picked up several of them when walking by.
The little cookies at the Vista Cafe were so yummy too. - Many types to choose from.
Good thing we took the stairs a lot. :rotfl2:

Thanks Jilljill. That's all DW had to know.................there are even more places on board where she can get her strawberries!!! Don't worry about the getting the names correct..............she'll find them!!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sounds like we will be taking those stairs everywhere as well!!! (Of course don't you know..........I can't let her eat all of those yummy strawberries all by herself!!!)

I too would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: all of those who have just joined our group. This is going to be sooooooooooo much fun. Have all been watching the building of the Fantasy on Myer Werf's website. She is coming right along!!!:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

On the outskirts of Brisbane in North Lakes; Sunny Coast is another hour north! :)

Ps. My husband is doing his law degree through QUT at the moment so if you need any help navigating the site let us know!

Thanks, the website is a bit tricky. We're having problems with the lingo, especially concerning scholarships that are available for International Students.
DO you happen to know how hard or easy it would be to find housing? I'm a bit concerned since they do not offer any type of on-campus housing and you have to find your own. I see they can help you with finding a homestay or an shared flat/house.

Oh yeah......hope the rest of the posters dont' mind us having this conversation on here. If so we can move it to PM's or emails.

Thanks Jilljill. That's all DW had to know.................there are even more places on board where she can get her strawberries!!! Don't worry about the getting the names correct..............she'll find them!!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sounds like we will be taking those stairs everywhere as well!!! (Of course don't you know..........I can't let her eat all of those yummy strawberries all by herself!!!)

I too would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: all of those who have just joined our group. This is going to be sooooooooooo much fun. Have all been watching the building of the Fantasy on Myer Werf's website. She is coming right along!!!:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

No problem at all. Happy to help out a fellow CCS eater. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about your B2B....9 weeks till mine! :thumbsup2

I will be sure to let you know about our b2b when we get back.:thumbsup2 You are going too, how nice is that!!!:cool1: Ours is almost here on us and we can't wait for it to be here. So I know what excitment you and your family are going thru. Of course when the cruise does finally get here and it is time to go, you want time to slow waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down so you can enjoy it all!!! But then we do have this cruise to look forward to:banana::banana:.

Welcome aboard new cruisers. I go to work for a 4 day work weekend and come back to 2 pages to catch up on. This is going to be a great cruise I think.
On another note, anyone flooded out yet? I was coming home from work about75 mile drive and water was every where. Streets were flooded and it was getting go foggy. Came in and went straight to bed...now at 4am I am catching upon some DIS.

No problem at all. Happy to help out a fellow CCS eater. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Jilljill, you are much toooooooo kind!!! All DW wants to do now is find all of those places that offer the CCS's so she gets her "fair share" of them. (I'ma thinkn' there won't be any left for anyone else!!!!):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Has everyone seen the short video on here of the final block on the Fantasy going in place!!!:cool1::banana::cool1::banana: Can't remember how long after this took place with the Dream that she had her float out. Does anyone remember? I know it won't be real soon.........just can't remember how long after it took place.:confused3

Jilljill, you are much toooooooo kind!!! All DW wants to do now is find all of those places that offer the CCS's so she gets her "fair share" of them. (I'ma thinkn' there won't be any left for anyone else!!!!):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

My daughter has offered to go with you to guide your DW in the right direction. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

My daughter has offered to go with you to guide your DW in the right direction. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Thank your daughter for us jilljill. That is very kind of her. DW said she will probably find each and every snack bar, stand, restaurant or even guests who picked one up for themselves, and DW will fight them tooth and nail for that strawberry!!! (The nose knows...........DW's I mean!!!) :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Don't get me wrong here..........she is a wonderful woman...........but she can smell a strawberry at 100 paces!!! (That's what growing up on a farm does for you!) We both grew up on a farm, but my nose is just for decoration on my face............at least that is what DW tells me!!!:confused3:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I see you are leaving on the Dream in 4 days. have a great time!!

Thank you. We are really looking forward to the cruise. We knew just 3 or 4 days would not be enough time to check out the new Dream, sooooooooooo, we booked a back2back cruise. Should be allot of fun. We will probably stay on board the ship on the second leg to ride the AquaDuck about a zillion times!!!!

We got our cruise welcome letter last week! Woop!Woop! In it though it mentioned a formal night. Is that true? Like formal, wear a long dress formal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter