December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

How is everyone? All ok after Irene? I know that she caused trouble for so many.

We live in Roanoke VA and not far from Martinsville and other than some wind we faired very well...at work in Roanoke ( a busy Labor and Delivery unit) we were very busy!! Must have been all the barametric pressure changes. I know that some nearRichmond were without power.

Everyone else doing okay?

Just lots of rain and wind here in DE, but we are fine. We didn't lose power and had a dry basement, I considered that living in luxury during the huricane.
DH gots lots of OT this weekend, he works in a grocery store and we only live about 4 miles from it so they know they can count on him to be there when the weather's bad.

My DW and I are booked on this cruise.:cool1: We were going to go in June with our granddaughter but she won't be able to go. A Disney Christmas Cruise is something we have been wanting to do for a few years now, so we switched the June cruise to this one. Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here. I have some catch up reading to do - but I'm glad we are sailing with you all!!!:thumbsup2

:cheer2:Welcome to this cruise!

If you look back through the threads you'll come across Taswira's threads. She's done a website for our cruise, along with a Cruiser's List. Easy way to keep track of who is who, and whether they are doing the FE and things like that.

One of the Hollys.

:welcome: Welcome to all who have joined us! It's going to be an awesome holiday cruise! :santa:

:thanks: Thank you to those who signed up on our cruiser list!

Shari

Thanks everyone for your kind welcomes.:thumbsup2 DW, Donna and I (?) me (?) anywho David are glad to be sailing with ya'll. I did sign the cruiser list yesterday and signed up for the FE. But, I think I put in the wrong stateroom number. Can't remember it right now, I'll correct it this week-end. Is it hard to change a mistake in the cruiser listing?

Donna and I are looking forward to our Dream cruise here in about 9 days. We are doing a back2back cruise. On our second leg we will probably stay on board and ride the AquaDuck a zillion times!!! Lookuing forward to getting to know each and everyone on here. This is going to a GREAT cruise!!!:woohoo:

I did sign the cruiser list yesterday and signed up for the FE. But, I think I put in the wrong stateroom number. Can't remember it right now, I'll correct it this week-end. Is it hard to change a mistake in the cruiser listing?
It's not difficult at all! I will make the change if you either post it here (probably easiest choice) or send me a private message. Another option is to resubmit the form online. Then I'll make the change. :)

Thanks again for signing up! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for your kind welcomes.:thumbsup2 DW, Donna and I (?) me (?) anywho David are glad to be sailing with ya'll. I did sign the cruiser list yesterday and signed up for the FE. But, I think I put in the wrong stateroom number. Can't remember it right now, I'll correct it this week-end. Is it hard to change a mistake in the cruiser listing?

Donna and I are looking forward to our Dream cruise here in about 9 days. We are doing a back2back cruise. On our second leg we will probably stay on board and ride the AquaDuck a zillion times!!! Lookuing forward to getting to know each and everyone on here. This is going to a GREAT cruise!!!:woohoo:

Have a great time on your B2B. We sailed on the Dream in April and liked it. It took a couple of days to get our bearings. You will love the snack bar they have set up in the nighclub area - it's easily accessible from each of the clubs and they have a nice selection of hot and cold savory foods and sweets. DD would stop there on her way to late dinner each night to get some mozzarella sticks. We stopped by after dinner each evening for the chocolate covered strawberries.

Have a great time on your B2B. We sailed on the Dream in April and liked it. It took a couple of days to get our bearings. You will love the snack bar they have set up in the nighclub area - it's easily accessible from each of the clubs and they have a nice selection of hot and cold savory foods and sweets. DD would stop there on her way to late dinner each night to get some mozzarella sticks. We stopped by after dinner each evening for the chocolate covered strawberries.

Thank you jilljill. DW ia a strawberryholic - she just can't get enough of them. I will be sure we check out that snack bar. I can see the headlines now......."Guest on Disney's new ship The Dream is dragged off the ship in Nassau screaming............WANT MORE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!" Video at eleven. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

We knew just a 3 day or even a 4 day would not be long enough to fully enjoy or see everything on the ship. So we decided to do a back2back and try to take in everything the Dream has to offer. But I'm sure there is still going to allot we won't be able to do or see. (Probably should have done a back2back2back2back.):rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

What a fantastic thread! Still 14+ months to go and so many posters already!
This will be our second cruise - me, DH, DS 10, DS 5, and GMa & GPa too!
Soooo looking forward to it, we are traveling from Australia and visiting WDW as well - woooohoooo! :goodvibes
Hope to meet some of you on board! :cool1:
Amy

Can't wait to hear about your B2B....9 weeks till mine! :thumbsup2

Thank you jilljill. DW ia a strawberryholic - she just can't get enough of them. I will be sure we check out that snack bar. I can see the headlines now......."Guest on Disney's new ship The Dream is dragged off the ship in Nassau screaming............WANT MORE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!" Video at eleven. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

We knew just a 3 day or even a 4 day would not be long enough to fully enjoy or see everything on the ship. So we decided to do a back2back and try to take in everything the Dream has to offer. But I'm sure there is still going to allot we won't be able to do or see. (Probably should have done a back2back2back2back.):rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

There are other places she should be able to get her strawberries during the day too - we found them at Cove Cafe up on deck 11 and at the Vista Cafe on deck 4. I hope I have the names right, they are the 2 coffee bars on deck 11 (adults only) and on deck 4 that is open to anyone. I thought they were going to send out the strawberry patrol on us since we always picked up several of them when walking by.
The little cookies at the Vista Cafe were so yummy too. - Many types to choose from.
Good thing we took the stairs a lot. :rotfl2:

What a fantastic thread! Still 14+ months to go and so many posters already!
This will be our second cruise - me, DH, DS 10, DS 5, and GMa & GPa too!
Soooo looking forward to it, we are traveling from Australia and visiting WDW as well - woooohoooo! :goodvibes
Hope to meet some of you on board! :cool1:
Amy

What a nice group you have traveling with you.

We absolutely love the area you live. We've been to that area twice. Do you live in Brisbane or in that area? Our DD was looking to go to the University of Queensland. She has now decided to cross it off her list of desired schools since they did not have the type of Education Program she was looking for.

Hi Jilljill,
We live north of Brisbane, about one hours drive. I attended UQ and it's a great university (the oldest in the state). I have to say though that Queensland University of Technology (QUT) has the most comprehensive education programs in Qld - just in case that helps!!
Hope to see you on the cruise :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter