• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 13 - AK Moonlight Magic

Do you have to purchase a park ticket for AK for that day to get into after hours, or just a reservation for the after hours?
No ticket required! Just the reservation confirmation. Usually you're allowed in a couple hours before the event starts. You'll get a confirmation email a couple days before with the event info, including the hours.

This could be our first MM event, depending on the answer to this question :rotfl2:.

So I understand that to 'qualify' you need to have a minimum of 150 direct points, which we have. However, the night of the party, we are staying at the Poly using resale points, (the week prior to the party we are using our direct points), does that mean that we won't be able to book a place at this party on the 28th November because we're not using our direct points for a stay on the night of the party?

Or does the fact that we do have a direct contract worth at least 150 points mean it doesn't matter what points we are using for the night of the event?
You qualify with the dvc-y on your card. You can use YOUR resale points. You would not qualify if you were using rented points or someone else’s points. The qualifying owner has to register, be the person checking in and using their own points (direct or resale). We went to the AK July event, so don’t qualify this time. Good luck.

Does getting the email mean you “qualify” or does everyone get one?
We had registered for the last AK MM in Aug but then cancelled our trip. So, did not attend. We happen to already have a hodgepodge of reservations for a 7 person group mid December and I got the email. I was so excited but then realized you’re only allowed 1 event per park and we technically had tickets. Thoughts / experience/ advice anyone?
Everyone gets the email. I’m not even there that time and both of us got the email. Not sure about your situation since you technically did register for the event and you canceled later. Maybe call, but that does not ensure correct info. You could try, but if it doesn’t work, you know why.

So excited! 12/13 was our planned non park day. We purchased DVC in 2022, so this is all new to me. I have a 1 BR booked at VGF and a studio at BLT. Will I be able to request 8 tickets as long as I have 5/3 guests on reservations? My one son is flying in on 12/13 & landing at 5:50 pm. Do we all need to be present when I check in or could I leave park, give him wristband & both enter? Thanks!!
I am not sure you can get tickets for both reservations.
When I booked, I had to enter a reservation number. You can get a maximum of 5 tickets or the number of guests on that reservation, whichever is higher.
I don't remember the possibility of adding two reservation numbers, you may be limited to 5 in the first round.
If you have two owners in your contract, you could add one on each room and both could try to register.

I have a cash stay booked, which I had Prior to buying direct DVC. Does anyone know if I will qualify for the resort reservation pre booking?

I didn't get the email... when did you all get it? We are new owners as of September, and we are DVC-Y.

I didn't get the email... when did you all get it? We are new owners as of September, and we are DVC-Y.
I didn't get the email either and we have a stay booked that week with qualifying points (owner since 2008). ..I usually get all the DVC emails too... But.you don't need to get an email to book. The website will have an active link to book that day, just click it before booking time and you'll be randomly placed in the virtual queue when it opens.

So I understand that to 'qualify' you need to have a minimum of 150 direct points
Not necessarily true. There are DVC owners that qualify for extras with less than 150 direct purchased points because they were grandfathered in after DVC raised the minimum to 150 points.

But yes, since then, you have to have at least 150 direct points.

Does anyone know if you have a reservation for the day before and check out the day of moonlight magic on Dec 13th. Does that count as a reservation? Or do you need a reservation on the moonlight magic day?

What an exciting possibility! Given the factors mentioned previously, is it a real possibility that an eligible DVC member would be unable to secure tickets on Nov 28? I know that most answers to this would be speculative. I'm just wondering what expert DVCers think about this. Thank you!

What an exciting possibility! Given the factors mentioned previously, is it a real possibility that an eligible DVC member would be unable to secure tickets on Nov 28? I know that most answers to this would be speculative. I'm just wondering what expert DVCers think about this. Thank you!
Yes, it's possible. Both of the previous DAK MM events this year filled up on the initial booking day. There were a limited number of spots available when general booking opened.

Quick question - I've done multiple MLM events and we always book a room on the day of the event. If you check out the day of the event does that qualify you or do you need to be staying there on night of the event? Thanks

Quick question - I've done multiple MLM events and we always book a room on the day of the event. If you check out the day of the event does that qualify you or do you need to be staying there on night of the event? Thanks

I believe checkout day counts.

Need some advice please - My husband and I are DVC-Y and my parents are DVC-Y. We each have our own memberships. On the night of Moonlight Magic, the two of us are staying at a DVC resort booked under my parents points.

Because we didn't book the night under our own points, will we still be able to register for the event? If not, is there a workaround that we can do like perhaps add my mother as one of the guests on the room for that night - would the registration then work if one of my parents was noted on the room (but not the lead guest)?

Appreciate the help!

Need some advice please - My husband and I are DVC-Y and my parents are DVC-Y. We each have our own memberships. On the night of Moonlight Magic, the two of us are staying at a DVC resort booked under my parents points.

Because we didn't book the night under our own points, will we still be able to register for the event? If not, is there a workaround that we can do like perhaps add my mother as one of the guests on the room for that night - would the registration then work if one of my parents was noted on the room (but not the lead guest)?

Appreciate the help!

Unfortunately, you will not be eligible to register during early registration. Even if your parent was on the reservation, the owner of the membership has to be the one to check in for the event that night.

You will have to try for tickets on the day it opens for general registration

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter