December 13, 2014 Eastern

Oh boy... so glad to find this thread. We are all very excited! Been to other cruises but first on the disney cruise. It will be DH (Rudy), myself DW (Aileen), DD (Alana, 12) & DD (Maya 9). I just joined the fb group. 26 days til our cruise, yay!!! See you all very soon!!

Oh boy... so glad to find this thread. We are all very excited! Been to other cruises but first on the disney cruise. It will be DH (Rudy), myself DW (Aileen), DD (Alana, 12) & DD (Maya 9). I just joined the fb group. 26 days til our cruise, yay!!! See you all very soon!!

Yae now added to the web page and the ornament exchange :thumbsup2

Just booked this cruise last night for myself, hubby and our three daughters! This will be our second Disney cruise and we can't wait :yay:

How many are signed up for the late FE group, just want an idea before I commit, I wouldn't want to run short on time to do gifts. Thanks

Just booked this cruise last night for myself, hubby and our three daughters! This will be our second Disney cruise and we can't wait :yay:

How many are signed up for the late FE group, just want an idea before I commit, I wouldn't want to run short on time to do gifts. Thanks

If you click on the link in my signature it will say on the roll call page. I believe there are only 6 or 7 right now. If you fill out the join us form I will add you:goodvibes

Never mind, I see that you already filled out the form. LOL. Would you like to participate in anything else? The ornament exchange is still open. As well as the Pink Drink Mixology class.

And Welcome aboard!!!!!:flower3:

Skybrobre,

Welcome aboard!!! Very excited you and your family will be joining us on this great sailing.

I see you have signed up, but want to confirm whether you plan to participate in the FE gift exchange. Please let me know as the late list will be officially closed Nov. 30th.

Thanks!!!

pixiedust: 22 days and a wake up. pixiedust:

Jaime,

Please confirm the ages of your party to ensure age appropriate gifts for them.

Thank you!

Hello! :wave2:

I just booked this last minute and wanted to say hello! Quick question-is there still an open FE for this sailing?

The late FE group will be closed Sunday, Nov. 30th

I think this will give us enough time to get all the great gifts together for this FANTASTIC cruise...

pixiedust: 26 Days and counting... Who’s with me... Whoot! Whoot! pixiedust:

Where would I look for the late sign up?

WELCOME StitchFan and Family...

So gald you could join us on what will be a GREAT HOLIDAY SAILING!!!

DisneyDiva... you ROCK!!! thank you for allowing the late comers to join in the fun!!!

Girl, I am not about to leave anyone out of the fun!!!! :hippie::santa::banana::yay::dance3:

WELCOME StitchFan and Family...

So gald you could join us on what will be a GREAT HOLIDAY SAILING!!!

DisneyDiva... you ROCK!!! thank you for allowing the late comers to join in the fun!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome and thank you to DisneyDiva for making room for last minute Annie's like us :upsidedow

Booking the cruise happened fast, we're kinda still in shock :rotfl:

Hi! My husband and I will be bringing our 20 month old daughter on this sailing. It will be our first Disney Cruise! I am so excited and a little overwhelmed trying to make sure I have everything together and organized. :scared: I really want to participate in the Fish Extender but I'm not sure where/how to begin. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or is it too late to join in?

Thanks a million!!

Hi! My husband and I will be bringing our 20 month old daughter on this sailing. It will be our first Disney Cruise! I am so excited and a little overwhelmed trying to make sure I have everything together and organized. :scared: I really want to participate in the Fish Extender but I'm not sure where/how to begin. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or is it too late to join in?

Thanks a million!!

There is a link in my signature to the join us form. Please fill that out and we will get you added to all the fun activities :)

Thanks a million!!

Kittykat

We also came in late and didn't (still don't) know much about the overall process, but ill pass on what I know as it seems simple enough.
FE is basically a secret santa done between participating families on a Disney cruiseship. You sign up (via the link provided by Disney diva) and say you would like to participate - include everyone in your family including their ages and if you have it your stateroom #. If you don't have your stateroom # yet don't worry as there is a meet set up on the first day to exchange the info. You will be added to the list and be able to see who else is on it along with their ages. Once upon the ship you hang a "fish extender" (basically a stocking of sorts) from the hook outside your stateroom. This can be home made or purchased (we purchased ours from etsy). They usually have a pocket with each family member having his/her own. Prior to boarding you have all the info of families participating - so you gather gifts for everyone on the list. Now, as everyone does, you are thinking "what the heck do I give strangers?" This is completely up to you. Everything from trinkets to booze for the adults has been given. It seems as if the handmade variety goes over well as it can be somewhat tailored to the age of the person. Cost and time are something to be factored as well. We are really trying to keep things under control by not "tailoring" to the individuals and giving things that are a bit more universal. Although this is a bit more difficult when the little ones are concerned. In the end I think (and I hope this sentiment is shared among all) its not what you give or how much it cost its just an additional fun thing to do. And hopefully it makes someone smile. :)
One of the questions I had was when (what day/time) this was all supposed to happen and I found I don't want to know. I want to do it randomly. Some here some there. Just to keep it interesting.
Sorry for the long explanation but I think when I was looking into FE I wish I would have read something like this as I haven't seen it explained thoroughly enough.
Hope it helps!
22 DAYS!!
See you all there!!:beach:

Thanks a million!!

Did you happen to fill out our join us form to be added to the events? I don't recall seeing anything for you. Don't want you missing out on anything fun:goodvibes

Castro, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, crazy busy trying to get ready for Christmas and the cruise and still run our daily lives. Yes we will be taking part in the FE. Could you please ensure we are on the list, we are still a GTY room but I will let you know as soon as our room is assigned. I can't believe it's only 17 more days!!:cool1:

Ok, so I logged onto my Disney reservation after I responded to this and our room assignment is there: ROOM 7040/7042 (there will be one fish extender on one of these doors for everyone)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter