December 13, 2014 Eastern

:wave2: Well we are going to be joining you. :cool1:

Our cruise party is made up of LiAnne (31), Bill (29), Patrick (10) and Kayleigh (7). The ages listed are at the time of the sailing. :)

I am having our TA move our booking from the 12-14-13 Eastern sailing to this one. I hate that I won't be going this December as we've been looking forward to it since I booked it Jan. 2012. However issues with my graduate school have forced me to move the date of our Disney sailing. :scratchin

We cruised on the Dream two times last year and that's been our only DCL experience thus far. ;) I have sailed twice before on Carnival (yuck right?!?). And this December I'll be trying out NCL for the first time. I doubt it'll compare to Disney but it beats staying home right?!?! Or at least that is what I am hoping. I think that we'll have a nice family vacation on a Nickelodeon cruise and the rest of my traveling party will get to see some new ports. :lmao: Although canceling my trip on the Fantasy for this year breaks my heart (probably because I just did it last night so it is fresh on my mind). :scared:

Well... you guys are making me feel a bit bummed that I didn't book concierge. Is internet peer pressure a real thing?! :rotfl: I have us booked in a 5E. I've been wanting one of the extended balconies on the aft of the ship so that is what I went for and requested a notation on my reservation to NOT upgrade because I want the 5E.

I am torn on the FE. I will probably join but I'll wait a while to confirm my selection there. I have to figure out what I'd want to do and see how many cabins join in. My kids LOVE joining and I think it is fun coming up with stuff to do. So I'm about 95% certain we'll be doing it but don't want to say that I am absolutely in yet (unless you guys pressure me one way or the other). pixiedust:

Welcome!! Sorry you feel that way about CCL, we have had nothing but great cruises with them....:confused3

Welcome!! Sorry you feel that way about CCL, we have had nothing but great cruises with them....:confused3

I didn't mean to offend you (or anyone for that matter) with my comment about Carnival.

I spent months and months going around with them earlier this year because of errors they had on my booking. So even though I wasn't impressed with them in the past, since my husband prefers them I was willing to try them again. However after being told incorrect information and in one case a straight lie by both telephone and email, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle for me to deal with them. If my husband decides to pay for a cruise, he can pick the cruise line. But until then, I'm choosing.

However their maintenance/mechanical issues this year have me a bit too nervous to sail with them for a while. But it is their customer service department that will keep me from ever sailing on CCL again. I prefer to take my vacations elsewhere.

In comparison with Disney, I found both of our cruises with them to be boring (although I was 17 for one of them so that may have factored into that impression the first time). But there wasn't anything impressive about our second sailing either. Although is it really fair to compare a ship like the Disney Dream with the old Carnival Holiday and I think our original cruise was on the Elation but I'd have to look. Again it has been a while on that one. I just remember the name of the one I honeymooned on.

lianne_0325 said:
I didn't mean to offend you (or anyone for that matter) with my comment about Carnival.

I spent months and months going around with them earlier this year because of errors they had on my booking. So even though I wasn't impressed with them in the past, since my husband prefers them I was willing to try them again. However after being told incorrect information and in one case a straight lie by both telephone and email, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle for me to deal with them. If my husband decides to pay for a cruise, he can pick the cruise line. But until then, I'm choosing.

However their maintenance/mechanical issues this year have me a bit too nervous to sail with them for a while. But it is their customer service department that will keep me from ever sailing on CCL again. I prefer to take my vacations elsewhere.

In comparison with Disney, I found both of our cruises with them to be boring (although I was 17 for one of them so that may have factored into that impression the first time). But there wasn't anything impressive about our second sailing either. Although is it really fair to compare a ship like the Disney Dream with the old Carnival Holiday and I think our original cruise was on the Elation but I'd have to look. Again it has been a while on that one. I just remember the name of the one I honeymooned on.

No offense taken. :) No need to explain, everyone has different experiences and are entitled to their own opinions as well. I do agree about their customer service though for sure! You can call 4 times about one thing and end up with 4 different answers. But then again I've experienced that with some other lines too lol

No offense taken. :) No need to explain, everyone has different experiences and are entitled to their own opinions as well. I do agree about their customer service though for sure! You can call 4 times about one thing and end up with 4 different answers. But then again I've experienced that with some other lines too lol

Glad I didn't offend you. :) Didn't want to get off on the wrong foot right off the bat. I am a big time people pleaser and couldn't stand the idea of offending someone.

I did work taking calls for a major financial institution so I understand the calling and getting different information. I am no longer on the phones but I understand different people have different levels of knowledge so the answers may vary a bit. Each situation is different and all that.

But their error almost cost me one thousand dollars. I am not willing to bank on them not having issues again since they couldn't explain to me what happened with my booking in the first place. Then they gave me a big hassle about fixing it.

Anyways lets get off of this topic of conversation. :)

I can't wait to see Castaway Cay all decorated for Christmas.

Hi All,

Just got off the Disney Dream yesterday from a 4 night Bahamain and rebooked for cruise #3 while onboard :). Our first cruise was a Fantasy Western in September 2012. Looking forward to being back on the Fantasy; I was somewhat disappointed with the Dream :( Very excited about going to San Juan. We are me Nicole, 33 at the time of cruise, DH, Josh, 34 at time of cruise, DS, Ari almost 7 at the time of the cruise. This will be a Anniversary/ Christmas/Chanukah/DS Birthday combination cruise. We will be in a 6B, 7186, right next door to our original Fantasy stateroom. I was hoping to get 7188 but it was already booked. We are all counting down the days until our next cruise. It feels so far away, but will be here before we know it. We are hoping our favorite server, Dewayne from Jamaica will be available; our server on the Dream just didn't compare...Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are from the Memphis, TN area

Glad I didn't offend you. :) Didn't want to get off on the wrong foot right off the bat. I am a big time people pleaser and couldn't stand the idea of offending someone.

I did work taking calls for a major financial institution so I understand the calling and getting different information. I am no longer on the phones but I understand different people have different levels of knowledge so the answers may vary a bit. Each situation is different and all that.

But their error almost cost me one thousand dollars. I am not willing to bank on them not having issues again since they couldn't explain to me what happened with my booking in the first place. Then they gave me a big hassle about fixing it.

Anyways lets get off of this topic of conversation. :)

I can't wait to see Castaway Cay all decorated for Christmas.

I agree:thumbsup2 And I love Castaway & the ship (and the terminal too lol) all decked out for Christmas! It is so pretty:goodvibes

Hi All,

Just got off the Disney Dream yesterday from a 4 night Bahamain and rebooked for cruise #3 while onboard :). Our first cruise was a Fantasy Western in September 2012. Looking forward to being back on the Fantasy; I was somewhat disappointed with the Dream :( Very excited about going to San Juan. We are me Nicole, 33 at the time of cruise, DH, Josh, 34 at time of cruise, DS, Ari almost 7 at the time of the cruise. This will be a Anniversary/ Christmas/Chanukah/DS Birthday combination cruise. We will be in a 6B, 7186, right next door to our original Fantasy stateroom. I was hoping to get 7188 but it was already booked. We are all counting down the days until our next cruise. It feels so far away, but will be here before we know it. We are hoping our favorite server, Dewayne from Jamaica will be available; our server on the Dream just didn't compare...Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are from the Memphis, TN area

Welcome!!!! :welcome:

I'd love to do the FE. Just learned about it and the meet thread. Woohoo!
4 cabins, 6 adults, 9 kids (14,12,9,8,8,7,6,3)!! Looking forward to getting to know fellow disney fanatics!!

:yay:

Count us in!! will be myself, my dh, and my ds (12 when we sail).. this is our 4th disney cruise.. twice on magic, once on dream.. first time on fantasy!!
we would love to participate in the fe exchange too if possible!! counting the days til our cruise.. can't wait!!!:cool1:

Dana :)

Hi everyone!! :wave2: We just booked our cruise today! party:
It will be myself (Michelle), hubbs (Rich), dd, 8, and ds, 6 - (their ages as of 12-13-14). :woohoo:

We were on the Dream over Easter this year for a 4-day Bahamian and loved it. :disrocks: We participated with the FEs on the cruise and the kids looked forward to checking our FE everyday and delivering our goodies to everyone. I enjoyed coming up with what to make/take. We are in for FE for this cruise, too! I hope we can get a group going! :grouphug:

We are also Cat 5E, deck 8 because we wanted the aft veranda - friends had it on the Dream and we enjoyed spending time there for pre-dinner cocktails and a place to hang out after the kids were asleep. I also enjoyed how quiet the back of the ship was compared to the front. :thumbsup2::yes::

Does anyone know if there will be a pirate themed night? pirate:

I am excited to see the Fantasy - I've read such great things about it. CAN'T WAIT!!! :yay: :boat:

I'd love to do the FE. Just learned about it and the meet thread. Woohoo!
4 cabins, 6 adults, 9 kids (14,12,9,8,8,7,6,3)!! Looking forward to getting to know fellow disney fanatics!!

:yay:

Count us in!! will be myself, my dh, and my ds (12 when we sail).. this is our 4th disney cruise.. twice on magic, once on dream.. first time on fantasy!!
we would love to participate in the fe exchange too if possible!! counting the days til our cruise.. can't wait!!!:cool1:

Dana :)

:welcome:!!!!!!

Hi everyone!! :wave2: We just booked our cruise today! party:
It will be myself (Michelle), hubbs (Rich), dd, 8, and ds, 6 - (their ages as of 12-13-14). :woohoo:

We were on the Dream over Easter this year for a 4-day Bahamian and loved it. :disrocks: We participated with the FEs on the cruise and the kids looked forward to checking our FE everyday and delivering our goodies to everyone. I enjoyed coming up with what to make/take. We are in for FE for this cruise, too! I hope we can get a group going! :grouphug:

We are also Cat 5E, deck 8 because we wanted the aft veranda - friends had it on the Dream and we enjoyed spending time there for pre-dinner cocktails and a place to hang out after the kids were asleep. I also enjoyed how quiet the back of the ship was compared to the front. :thumbsup2::yes::

Does anyone know if there will be a pirate themed night? pirate:

I am excited to see the Fantasy - I've read such great things about it. CAN'T WAIT!!! :yay: :boat:

:welcome: to you as well!! Yes there is definitely a pirate night onboard the Fantasy pirate: And you will love the ship, it is absolutely beautiful!:goodvibes

Hello everyone. We just booked our first Fantasy cruise and looking forward to it. :banana::banana::banana:
We just finished a Med cruise on the Magic, and took advantage of the discount to book this cruise. Our only other cruise was on the Wonder to Alaska last summer.
We are on deck 10, and chose this cruise because our son, daughter in law, and two grandchildren (who will be 4 and almost 2 by the cruise date) will be sailing with us. Look forward to our first cruise with them.
They (with our help) may be interested in FE

Hello everyone. We just booked our first Fantasy cruise and looking forward to it. :banana::banana::banana:
We just finished a Med cruise on the Magic, and took advantage of the discount to book this cruise. Our only other cruise was on the Wonder to Alaska last summer.
We are on deck 10, and chose this cruise because our son, daughter in law, and two grandchildren (who will be 4 and almost 2 by the cruise date) will be sailing with us. Look forward to our first cruise with them.
They (with our help) may be interested in FE

:welcome:!!!!! You guys will love the Fantasy!!:thumbsup2

Hi guys we have booked this cruise as well we love your beautiful country and can't wait to come back:banana::banana:

We just booked as well, we are a crew of 5 for this sailing. Dh, me, ds, dd, and ds (16,12,10) we have been on the Magic 3x and the wonder x1. This is out first cruise on the new ships. We are DVC members and would like to participate in the FE's as well.

Just jumped onboard the Fantasy Holiday cruise!! Woo hoo...although I switched over from the Alaska cruise. Is anyone organizing the FE yet? First time on the Fantasy...done 3 on the Wonder.

Hi guys we have booked this cruise as well we love your beautiful country and can't wait to come back:banana::banana:

We just booked as well, we are a crew of 5 for this sailing. Dh, me, ds, dd, and ds (16,12,10) we have been on the Magic 3x and the wonder x1. This is out first cruise on the new ships. We are DVC members and would like to participate in the FE's as well.

Just jumped onboard the Fantasy Holiday cruise!! Woo hoo...although I switched over from the Alaska cruise. Is anyone organizing the FE yet? First time on the Fantasy...done 3 on the Wonder.

:welcome:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::dance3::cheer2: :cool1: party:

We are excited about December 2014. We sailed the pre-inaugural last March, 2012, but it was so fast and furious it is all a blur. We're excited to have 7 full nights. This will be our 6th Disney Cruise but our first time to the Eastern Caribbean on Disney Cruise Line.

We will want to participate in the FE - so fun!

We have 2 adults and four children, who will be, so hard to imagine, but they will be 17, 15, 11 and 9. YIKES!

Looking forward to planning for this one. It will be here before we know it!

We are excited about December 2014. We sailed the pre-inaugural last March, 2012, but it was so fast and furious it is all a blur. We're excited to have 7 full nights. This will be our 6th Disney Cruise but our first time to the Eastern Caribbean on Disney Cruise Line.

We will want to participate in the FE - so fun!

We have 2 adults and four children, who will be, so hard to imagine, but they will be 17, 15, 11 and 9. YIKES!

Looking forward to planning for this one. It will be here before we know it!

:welcome:!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be our first Eastern Caribbean with Disney as well, super excited!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter