December 12 - 19, 2009 Western Magic

Congrats! I'm a bit jealous though!

I have to tell you, I've always wondered how people got the free upgrades. This is our 3rd cruise, but I've heard of first timers getting them. Funny thing is, if you've never booked a cruise you don't quite know why I'm so excited. That's why I had to share here...people will understand what a treat it is :)

In 36 hours we'll be waiting in the terminal! :woohoo:

Just listened to a voice mail left on my cell phone yesterday from Disney Cruise line -- we've been upgraded from a Cat 8 to a Cat 5. :banana: I'm SO thrilled!

YIPPEE! I'm so excited for you.

Our last 30 hours have been a mess. About the time Disney called with our upgrade I found out my father had had a heart attack. We went ahead with our plans and flew out today. When we got to Atlanta my husband and daughter continued on to Orlando and I went to Ft. Walton Beach where my Dad is hospitalized. He had surgery today where they put in 4 stints (3 in 1 artery). He is scheduled to go home tomorrow and come back in a few weeks to stint two more arteries. So, it looks like I will go on to Orlano tomorrow to hook up with my family. We are staying at the Radisson tomorrow night.

OK I am confused because I get mixed and different messages. One person says pack beverages in a carry on, one says no...only use a soft sided cooler,

last time went the porter tagged and put the cases of water and soda we brought straight to out stateroom. Anyone know the story here?

One last photo before we leave:

2007OctoberDisneyCruise25thAnniv-1.jpg

OK I am confused because I get mixed and different messages. One person says pack beverages in a carry on, one says no...only use a soft sided cooler,

last time went the porter tagged and put the cases of water and soda we brought straight to out stateroom. Anyone know the story here?

I think the confusion is that while DCL doesn't encourage you to bring drinks etc with you (since they want you to buy it from them) they don't prohibit it either. However, since they are letting you do something that you technically shouldn't do, and that can put yours and other's luggage at risk should something break, they ask that you keep your beverages with you in a carryon, rather than check it with the rest of the luggage.

DCL does not allow hard side coolers, though, so if you do bring a cooler, it has to be soft sided.

In the past we too have purchased a case of water and several bottles of wine, and put the wine in our suitcases and the case of water in a separate bag with a luggage tag on it, and had it delivered to our room without incident. This was a recent as 1 year ago December. However, I recognize that Aquafina (the brand we drink) and many other water companies, are going to less sturdy and more easily collapsible bottles, which could be resulting in more breakages. Because of that, we are planning on putting our water into a suitcase that we will keep with us after checkin.

5 hours and counting. DH standing over me trying to get a little billing done before we leave. Hmmmm, maybe an all nighter is in my future. However, the house is clean, pets are off to sitters, and the last thing is paying a few bills. It would be nice to have power, etc when we get home. :confused3

See you Saturday!

Of folks who are still up at this hour!!

Hey, did anyone get a list of the new folks who joined who provided room numbers? I think there were 2 or so (3lowes and someone else) but I don't have the energy to dig back through the thread to find them.

Those who would have loved to be included but arrived after the closing date were:
and
This is it! Gone in 15! Someone better close up and lock the doors!

Of folks who are still up at this hour!!

Hey, did anyone get a list of the new folks who joined who provided room numbers? I think there were 2 or so (3lowes and someone else) but I don't have the energy to dig back through the thread to find them.

Chance of rain tomorrow. Hopefully it will hold off.

Key West still looking good for Sunday, 80s.

Sitting here in CBR waiting for everybody to get ready so we can head off and get some breakfast before hopping the bus to Epcot. It's rather cool and grey outside but hopefully it'll warm up a bit. High today is supposed to be 63.

Packing, running errands before we try to leave at 3pm! A friend is bird-sitting our parakeet and another friend is coming every couple days to check on our backyard chickens and gather the eggs. The cat will have the house all to herself. We can safely leave her for a week no problem, though she will definitely let us know we were missed when we get home. :)

Oldest has a Pre-Calc final to take before we leave town -- I pray he does well :thumbsup2

Found some of my door magnets from 2 years ago and printed a couple new ones. I wasn't going to worry about it, but the family said it helps them know which stateroom is ours!

In 24 hours we'll be waiting at the terminal! :woohoo:

We got moved as well, not to a better Cat. but up to deck 7. Still a great mid ship location near the elevators.

OMG, I can't believe this day is here! I am ready to go, leave in 3 hours for Orlando! WooHoo!!!!

3 hours outside Orlando. This had been one long road trip. Staying at the rennisance as well. Look for the road exhausted mom. Tired yet thrilled to be trying out Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter