December 11, 2010 7 Night Western Magic (Part DEUX)

What part of Ontario are you from? We are about an hour from Detroit.

We are about an hour north of Toronto. Just 10 minutes south of Alliston.

We've often thought of doing the drive down to the states and flying from there. I know it can be really worth it depending on the flight you want to do. I've heard there are hotels that will let your car be parked for the week even if you stay there overnight. One day we will do it I'm sure.

Checked over all our Christmas stuff and only have 3 things left to get. Phew...now I just have to wrap it all. :eek:

I know where Alliston is. We are in Chatham.

We have stayed at the Park and Fly places in Detroit before, especially if our flight is an early one. We just go the night before. Actually it often works out cheaper than just paying for the parking and you know that you are there ready to go on time.

We are only 1 1/2 hours from home to the airport in Detroit, not including whatever time it takes to cross the border. Usually crossing the border is not a big deal, can be busy at times though.

Christmas will not be a big deal in our house this year, so I'm spared worrying too much about that. We have no children in our family anymore, which makes it easier (but not as much fun).

Where is everyone? I'm actually starting to get excited and everyone else has disappeared? I will be so sad if I'm the only one in our Fish extender exchange cause I'll know what I'm getting!:lmao:

I am so out of the loop. What is the Fish extender? There are a couple questions I am trying to get answers to and feel pretty overwhelmed.

Dazed and Confused... lol

Babutz

Hi

Although this is our 2nd DC, I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed. This is my first year to use the DIS. I read that we are meeting on the Promenade Lounge. Will this be a closed off area? Our party has actually gotten quite a bit bigger, can our friends join us at this gathering?

Also, I'm trying to find information on the entertainment guide/personal navigator for activites available that are not listed on the website. I remember last cruise we did the Gingerbread house decorating and the Tea w/ Mad Hatter. I wasn't aware of these things so I nearly missed out. I want to be on top of my game this time!

Last one...do you think it's too late for me to get door deco? Do I buy it somewhere or any ideas on things I could make?

Hi

Although this is our 2nd DC, I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed. This is my first year to use the DIS. I read that we are meeting on the Promenade Lounge. Will this be a closed off area? Our party has actually gotten quite a bit bigger, can our friends join us at this gathering?

Also, I'm trying to find information on the entertainment guide/personal navigator for activites available that are not listed on the website. I remember last cruise we did the Gingerbread house decorating and the Tea w/ Mad Hatter. I wasn't aware of these things so I nearly missed out. I want to be on top of my game this time!

Last one...do you think it's too late for me to get door deco? Do I buy it somewhere or any ideas on things I could make?

If you have any questions at all feel free to ask them here and we will try to help. I am a veteran of my soon to be 13 Disney Cruises so I might have a lot of the answers for you.

The Promenade Lounge is not a closed off area but it is a large area, open to the main hallway on Deck 3. Turn left past Lumiere's (spelling?) and it is right down the hallway on the left.

Yes your friends are more than welcome to join us if they wish. It will just be a really short get together. That way we can "recognize" each other when we pass on the ship. Makes it much more fun if you sort of know other people and can say hello and ask about their day:thumbsup2

I know where there are some recent Navigators from a Western cruise. I will find the link and post it for you to have a look. Of course the activities will not necessarily be exactly the same but they will give you a much better idea of what is offered.

Your best bet is to check the Navigators that come out for the day's activities while you are onboard. For this I recommend that you bring a highlighter (or several different colors). Then when something interests you, you can just highlight it. Makes it easier to not miss the things you wanted to do that way.

I am so out of the loop. What is the Fish extender? There are a couple questions I am trying to get answers to and feel pretty overwhelmed.

Dazed and Confused... lol

Babutz

The fish extender list is a "Secret Santa" exchange that people on our meet are doing. Unfortunately, since several of our meet members are already on their way or at WDW the list has been closed.
We are having a meet & greet on embarkation day though and would love to meet you!:grouphug:
2:45 in The Promenade Lounge.

Only 6 more sleeps until we are headed to Orlando :cat:

:woohoo:

This time next week, most of us eager cruisers will already be at the port or on our way.

So close now.

Everyone have a great final week.

Hello Crusing buddies:woohoo:

I have been so excited that I can't sleep.:yay:

This time next week we will be in the Conch Republic :banana::yay:
Hearing roosters crow and seeing 6 toed cats.:cat:

Safe travels for everyone.

We are driving in to the Port on Saturday morning. :drive:

See you all on the ship :sail:

Mer and Susan

Hello Crusing buddies:woohoo:

I have been so excited that I can't sleep.:yay:

This time next week we will be in the Conch Republic :banana::yay:
Hearing roosters crow and seeing 6 toed cats.:cat:

Safe travels for everyone.

We are driving in to the Port on Saturday morning. :drive:

See you all on the ship :sail:

Mer and Susan

I'm still in panic mode:scared1:. I don't have one thing packed and usually by now the suitcases are sitting in the foyer waiting to go. I don't have one door sign printed (supposed to be doing that right now..ugh), I have a birthday party to throw tonight (who's idea was it to have her party BEFORE we left????) and I've started having hte "ship left without me" nightmares that are making it all even more urgent!

I just have to keep telling myself that as long as we all have a bathingsuit, enough changes of underwear and a pair of flip flops in a suitcase we'll be just fine!:laughing:

I just have to keep telling myself that as long as we all have a bathingsuit, enough changes of underwear and a pair of flip flops in a suitcase we'll be just fine!:laughing:

Actually all you really need is your passports and a good credit card :rotfl2:

All problems can be solved with those two items in hand :thumbsup2

We're making progress at the Egan house! Kids are packed (for the visit to grammy's house);) and I found the passports.
I was ordered to work today, but that means I get to print my door signs at work and save me some ink!:rotfl:

Tonsil surgeries were scheduled for Dec 27th and we were given meds to get us through the holiday..so now I just need to get MY bathingsuit & flip flops packed and I'll be fine!

Anyone else going to WDW before the cruise? We have our Give a day, get a day tickets that didn't get used and expire Dec 15th so we're going to get off the airplane and head over to Epcot for the evening Friday...

We don't have enough time built into this trip for a visit to WDW but I sure wish we could.

I am at least hoping for a few hours at Downtown Disney but don't know for sure yet whether that will happen.

Not much longer now.

It has turned very cold and windy here and it just makes the excitement that much higher.

:yay:

We don't have enough time built into this trip for a visit to WDW but I sure wish we could.

I am at least hoping for a few hours at Downtown Disney but don't know for sure yet whether that will happen.

Not much longer now.

It has turned very cold and windy here and it just makes the excitement that much higher.

:yay:

It was cold & windy here last night, bad thunder storms too- can't wait for clear sunny skies (weather.com says windy & drizzle in grand cayman on port day:eek:)

It was cold & windy here last night, bad thunder storms too- can't wait for clear sunny skies (weather.com says windy & drizzle in grand cayman on port day:eek:)

We have been very lucky actually. We have had little to no snow.

My daughter (who is sailing with us) lives an hour away and she has had about 20 inches of snow in the past 24 hours and more to come. It seems to be localized to that area, which is good for us but not for her.

They are expecting even more snow tonight and in the next day or so.

We are sooooooooooooooo excited.

:cool1:

Our countdown on the frig is down from 57 when we started to 5. My daughter announced we are in single digits. We still have to pack and our weather here in florida is cold so we are looking forward to not wearing a jacket. :3dglasses

Only 5 more sleeps. See you soon:dance3::laundy:

We are sooooooooooooooo excited.

:cool1:

Our countdown on the frig is down from 57 when we started to 5. My daughter announced we are in single digits. We still have to pack and our weather here in florida is cold so we are looking forward to not wearing a jacket. :3dglasses

Only 5 more sleeps. See you soon:dance3::laundy:

I would gladly trade your Florida cold weather for my Ontario cold weather :thumbsup2

We are very excited too.

I have gotten the suitcases out but have not packed a single thing yet either. But then that seems to be the way I do it. I wait until the day before and then I pack it all and I'm done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter