• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 10, 2006 - 12/10/06 Wonder

BabyBird said:
What about 3? We will all be on board by then and everyone has to get their life jackets and be at their muster station by 4. The deadline will keep it short and sweet!

3PM Sunday sounds great to me :-)

I just found out my brother is going to cancel the cruise part of his trip (WTH??) so my Mom, who paid for his cruise is out that money! My sister-in-law and the 3 kids are still coming, but still....I couldn't believe it when my Mom told me today. He says he can't afford that much time off from work - umm, we have been planning this for how long, exactly? 18 MONTHS!~

Okay, rant over!

Still haven't started packing - I think it will be next weekend before I get started. But I did buy new shoes (tennis and Crocs) for me and the kids. Riley got the cutest camoflauge Crocs. Good for a boy :-) Picked up a couple of outfits too, including a really great dress for Palo.

I also need to get sme of my Disney Rewards tranferred to my rewards card. That is my Pedicure money :-))

Kristen

I am too excited. I have to start packing!!!!!!! Toiletries dont count for me because they are always packed. I am scared I will forget something. I have everything wrote down and look at my suitcases and think where is it all going to go?. Christie has decided to go to the Jingle Bell Ball at The Peabody. It is next Sunday night. It is a big to-do in Memphis. I needed to have to shop for another dress. She did find the prettiest dress. She looked beautiful . She is only eleven. She is not suppose to look like she does. My mom made her a "belle" dress for our dress up night. It is beautiful as well. I am not bragging but I have to very goodlooking children!!!! Well, I guess I am bragging. ;) Its ok though if I am the Mom......Right?

Is anyone shipping down early? and if they are how are they shipping? Fedex ups or postal service?

Kristen and Andrea - Did yall know that we can do a pre check in 10 days in advance for the Poly?

I am fine for 3 o clock, if everyone else is. Shawn, this is very generous of you. The bad thing is everyone that is not catagory 3 or better will be wanting it next time!!!!

I'm currently in the airport lounge, flying off to WDW in a few minutes.

Could someone do me a favour and just post some details about what we are doing/where we are meeting, stuff like that please? Havn't got enough time to go through pages and pages of posts to try and work out what is happening!

Hoping to check the board sometime in the next week from Disneyquest (or anywhere else I can find an internet terminal).

Look forward to seeing you all on the cruise,

j

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
I am too excited. I have to start packing!!!!!!! Toiletries dont count for me because they are always packed. I am scared I will forget something. I have everything wrote down and look at my suitcases and think where is it all going to go?. Christie has decided to go to the Jingle Bell Ball at The Peabody. It is next Sunday night. It is a big to-do in Memphis. I needed to have to shop for another dress. She did find the prettiest dress. She looked beautiful . She is only eleven. She is not suppose to look like she does. My mom made her a "belle" dress for our dress up night. It is beautiful as well. I am not bragging but I have to very goodlooking children!!!! Well, I guess I am bragging. ;) Its ok though if I am the Mom......Right?

Is anyone shipping down early? and if they are how are they shipping? Fedex ups or postal service?

Kristen and Andrea - Did yall know that we can do a pre check in 10 days in advance for the Poly?

I am fine for 3 o clock, if everyone else is. Shawn, this is very generous of you. The bad thing is everyone that is not catagory 3 or better will be wanting it next time!!!!

It is perfectly acceptable if you are bragging about your own kids! (I happen to have a great looking little group of them myself ;) )
It's too expensive to ship ahead from Cali-I'm going to stop on the way to port to buy water and stuff.

My TA told me about the 10 day check in last week-I wrote it on the calendar and forgot about it. That's tomorrow! Wow! (or is it today?)

HappyLawyer said:
Those who are arriving on 12/9 and driving to the port, what time do yur flights come in, i am scared i will get lost going to the port, we have two cars and i wondered if our flights get in around the same time, if i could tail someone, i am a landmark driver so i am afraid i will get lost, hopefully it is a simple ride.

So, in 2004 when we went on the 3-day cruise, Joe and I were on the highway, headed toward the coast when he says, "How do we get there?"
I realized that all of my documentation etc was in the TRUNK of the rental car. :lmao: Needless to say, my months and months of time on the boards paid off. We drove straight to Port Canaveral and looked for the hotel that had a view of the DCL port. Can you believe that we actually found it???

It really isn't hard to get there. I think Florida was made to accomodate tourists and their need for signage. No worries - you will get there in one piece - I promise!

jdyer said:

Could someone do me a favour and just post some details about what we are doing/where we are meeting, stuff like that please? Havn't got enough time to go through pages and pages of posts to try and work out what is happening!

Hoping to check the board sometime in the next week from Disneyquest (or anywhere else I can find an internet terminal).

j

Hope you have a great flight! So far we are doing a magnet that represents where we are from for the room doors, small gifts for the kids and it looks like we wil be meeting at 3pm on the 10th at Shawn's room for the gift exchange/meet & greet thing. I'm sure someone else can tell us if I got it all (and got it right) I've been away for a week so I could be wrong!

BabyBird said:
So, in 2004 when we went on the 3-day cruise, Joe and I were on the highway, headed toward the coast when he says, "How do we get there?"
I realized that all of my documentation etc was in the TRUNK of the rental car. :lmao: Needless to say, my months and months of time on the boards paid off. We drove straight to Port Canaveral and looked for the hotel that had a view of the DCL port. Can you believe that we actually found it???

It really isn't hard to get there. I think Florida was made to accomodate tourists and their need for signage. No worries - you will get there in one piece - I promise!

I totally agree, there are very few highways and streets throughout the whole state. My in laws live there and when we visited it was really wierd-we couldn't get lost if we tried.

jdyer said:

j

I think we have tentatively agreed to meet in Shawn's (happylawyer) suite (don't remember #) at 3PM on Sunday, before the drill.

Have you a good trip and we will see you next week!

Kristen

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
I

Shari and Andrea - I am going to check in today (thank gosh for the DIS, my TA didn't tell me!).

I haven't had the time to really sit down and research which longhouse to request. What did you guys choose? Did you make a special request? HELP PLEASE :-))))

Kristen

ktpool said:
Ian,
I asked my travel agent and he said we should be getting them early this week. I am like "Um...okay, that is cutting it really close!". Has anyoene rec'd their yet?

That is cutting it very close isn't it? What is usually the drop dead date by which they should arrive? I ask because my local post office is horrible and mis-delivery of mail is a daily occurance. Sometimes my neighbors give me the mis-delivered mai. I frequently have mail delivered that is for a completely different part of the city. I know that I drop it back in the mailbox. Who knows what someone does when they receive mail intended for me!

iankh said:
That is cutting it very close isn't it? What is usually the drop dead date by which they should arrive? I ask because my local post office is horrible and mis-delivery of mail is a daily occurance. Sometimes my neighbors give me the mis-delivered mai. I frequently have mail delivered that is for a completely different part of the city. I know that I drop it back in the mailbox. Who knows what someone does when they receive mail intended for me!

I think I have read on the boards somewhere that if you check in on line, you have basically filled out your travel documents (except of course not getting your Disney luggage tags!). If I don't have them by Tuesday, I will be calling again. I am worried that my TA sent everything to my Mom, instead of each of us (even though we are all in different states!). Especially worried because she leaves this Saturday :-(

Kristen

Kristen and Andrea - I tried this morning and we cant do it until tomorrow. They were very nice when I called. They were so nice I am overcome with the anticipation of getting there. Chrisite has a preference (of course!) but I am not sure. I really aint picky when it comes to WDW resorts because I havent ever had a bad room. I would love to have a laggoon view but it was so much more money. We are suppose to have a garden view. We arent ever in our room anyway. I will let yall know tomorrow what I got.

I am going to pick my documents up from my TA. She isnt going to mail them. She is only like 15 minutes away. If she mailed them I would be worried until they were in my hands.

We have all of our extra school work done! :banana:

Christmas shopping done! :cheer2:

Workers and customers Christmas party ready to go when we get back! :cool1:

Tree is not up, gifts arent wrapped, workers still at my house, and I am not packed!!! :sad2:

I cant wait to meet everyone!!

My TA called last week to tell me about the 10 day check in and said our WDW papers had arrived but not the cruise docs. She was on the other line with them on hold to find out where they were, but didn't call me back to tell me the answer. We were leaving that day to go to the desert, so maybe she is waiting until tomorrow to call.

I have tried researching the long houses, but can't make up my mind- on one hand I want to be close to the monorail and bus stops, on the other I want to be close to the pool. I agree with Shari that there probably isn't a bad room in the place. My biggest concern is walking around with all of the kids in tow. View and all that aren't really important becuase we aren't hanging out in our room looking out the window much!

Shawn- if you e-mailed the list of kids I never got it. Would you mind sending it again? Thanks

or Kristen or Shari if you have the list I would love to have it! I think you both have my e-mail?!

Wow...we are in the home stretch! We haven't gotten our cruise documents either. I will be on the look out this week!! 3 pm sounds good to us. We are getting to the port early so we can check in and relax and get on the boat as early as possible to enjoy every minute!!! We are staying at disney after the cruise so it is going to be a good week!!

We decided to have Alexis' birthday party at a bowling alley! All we have to do is bring the cakes, kids and camera!! They do everything else!! :banana: :banana: It is great but I feel like I should be doing more! I am kinda at a loss with the bowling alley doing everything! :rotfl:

disneyfan'ole said:
Wow...we are in the home stretch! We haven't gotten our cruise documents either. I will be on the look out this week!! 3 pm sounds good to us. We are getting to the port early so we can check in and relax and get on the boat as early as possible to enjoy every minute!!! We are staying at disney after the cruise so it is going to be a good week!!

We decided to have Alexis' birthday party at a bowling alley! All we have to do is bring the cakes, kids and camera!! They do everything else!! :banana: :banana: It is great but I feel like I should be doing more! I am kinda at a loss with the bowling alley doing everything! :rotfl:

Ahh...sit back and enjoy it! You will be doing enough for the kids the next weeks, haha!

HappyLawyer said:
Those who are arriving on 12/9 and driving to the port, what time do yur flights come in, i am scared i will get lost going to the port, we have two cars and i wondered if our flights get in around the same time, if i could tail someone, i am a landmark driver so i am afraid i will get lost, hopefully it is a simple ride.

We are ariving just before 5:00 PM, and I will have no problem finding the hotel using the shiny new navigation system I got for my birthday today. :cheer2:

3:00 PM actually makes a lot of sense, except we will have to put 14 gift bags together when we get there.

Neal

neckhardt said:
We are ariving just before 5:00 PM, and I will have no problem finding the hotel using the shiny new navigation system I got for my birthday today. :cheer2:

3:00 PM actually makes a lot of sense, except we will have to put 14 gift bags together when we get there.

Neal

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Nealllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Happy Birthday to you:rolleyes1

SILLYANDI said:
Shawn- if you e-mailed the list of kids I never got it. Would you mind sending it again? Thanks

or Kristen or Shari if you have the list I would love to have it! I think you both have my e-mail?!

I sent it 3 times, to both te emails you gave me, i don't know what else to do, i did not want to post it publically, maybe someone else can forward it to you since you are not getting my emails

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter