• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 10, 2006 - 12/10/06 Wonder

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!! We have less than two weeks. If you are going shopping tomorrow, please be careful!!!! Have a good time.

Hey all, i hope everyone had a great holiday, i finished up some trip shopping today, i am so happy, got a short coat for me, Ashleigh got some new gym shoes and a hellp kitty robe for our trip, i cannot believe how fast time is approaching for our trip.

OMG!!!! I am exhausted. Christie, her two friends, my best friend and I left the house this morning at 4:00. We got home at 5:00 this afternoon. I got a few more things for Christmas. We had a great time. We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am going to start packing now. This is the first time in my 20 years of marriage that my tree was not put up today. I am going to get it up by the time the weekends over. We got to the Disney store by 5:15 and the mickey ears were already gone!!!!!! They were for the first fifty customers. Christie already has hers but the other little girls wanted them. They were not upset though.

Ok, all well i am off to bed, i am so tired, I can't wait, is anyone getting tired of hearing me say this?

Hello! I didn't do any Black Friday shopping. The deals just weren't good enough for me! ;) I did go to work today, so at least I made money instead of spending it!! :rotfl2: It was very busy and we were short staffed so they were glad to see me.

OH MY....two weeks! We leave in two weeks!! We should be getting our cruise documents this week!! Hopefully! WOW!

Both Jeremy and I work tomorrow and hopefully on Sunday I can start decorating for the holidays!

Good night all and have a super weekend!

Rina

Hi Everyone!!!
We didn't leave the house at all today. It was nice to just work on some projects and not deal with the crowds for a change. Goodness the shops have been full lately. I told Joe that if he needed any clothes for the trip, we HAD to get them before today. I can't imagine how packed the malls must have been. Oh, you brave souls that went out. Kudos for taking your girls - sorry the ears were all gone. You will have a chance to get them soooooon!

We leave next Sunday. Work has been completely overwhelming but it has been good to be busy. This week is going to tick by slowly, I fear. Work time will anyway! Ha Ha!
We have decided on dates and location for next year - off to Mazatlan for the first two weeks of December. It looks like most of the adults in my husband's family will be joining us. It should be great fun!

Blessings to you all. I have so much to be thankful for but most of all my wonderful, big, quirky family. :grouphug:

I think I've recovered from Thanksgiving. It was 3 days of cooking. We had people here until 10 PM.

Because I have guests from the UK with me, today we went shopping. Much as I warned them, we ventured out to a mall, a very large one in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. It drove me nuts, but they had a good time.

Does anyone know when we will start to receive our cruise documents?

BabyBird said:
Hi Everyone!!!
We didn't leave the house at all today. It was nice to just work on some projects and not deal with the crowds for a change. Goodness the shops have been full lately. I told Joe that if he needed any clothes for the trip, we HAD to get them before today. I can't imagine how packed the malls must have been. Oh, you brave souls that went out. Kudos for taking your girls - sorry the ears were all gone. You will have a chance to get them soooooon!

We leave next Sunday. Work has been completely overwhelming but it has been good to be busy. This week is going to tick by slowly, I fear. Work time will anyway! Ha Ha!
We have decided on dates and location for next year - off to Mazatlan for the first two weeks of December. It looks like most of the adults in my husband's family will be joining us. It should be great fun!

Blessings to you all. I have so much to be thankful for but most of all my wonderful, big, quirky family. :grouphug:

We are doing Hawaii and Australia next year.

Next year we are racing here there and yonder!! I am excited though to be going to some great places and traveling through some great places. But guess where we will all be in eleven days................WDW....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!Our secretary called me in complete awe this morning. She was sooooo excited to be there. They are staying at the Yacht and Beach club (we let them choose) She loves it. I am at home jealous as everything. We cant wait!!!!

iankh said:
Does anyone know when we will start to receive our cruise documents?

Ian,
I asked my travel agent and he said we should be getting them early this week. I am like "Um...okay, that is cutting it really close!". Has anyoene rec'd their yet?

Braved the crowds yesterday with Emilee, my mother in law and 2 sisters in law. We had a good time (5AM), but decided we were making my mother in law drive seperately next time so she can go home. She was was trying to make us tell her EXACTLY what we wanted at each store. That only workd for the doorbusters - after 10:00, we are just looking for anything.

Did you see that we are almost at 1200 posts - wasn't that our goal? To match our departure date....

We leave in 10 days! woo hoo!

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
Our secretary called me in complete awe this morning. She was sooooo excited to be there. They are staying at the Yacht and Beach club (we let them choose) She loves it.
What a great gift you gave her family! I can't wait to meet you all!

We don't have our docs yet either - I am sending Joe out to check on the mail right now....:magnify:

Well i am working a double shift tonite, so i am trying to finish up some of the packing, wow almost done, my mom still has not begun to pack just yet, i took her luggage down for her.

Joe's back without docs - I guess we still have some time until next weekend's departure. I'm not worried. Who me? :bitelip: Noooo. Never.

I spent all morning packing and sorting and packing and sorting. If you haven't ever used the travel space bags, you should go get some. I was thrilled at how much I was able to pack in one bag. I was surprised to see that I was still under the max per-bag weight even with the space bags squishing everything.
I have stuff in our over the door shoe holder thingie so I guess I will have to evacuate it sometime soon so it can go in the suitcase. Everything but our dress clothes and last minute toiletries should be packed by the end of tomorrow.

I can't believe we are a week away. It seems like we have been planning this trip forever! We are all still on for a meet at 8 in the super-suite? Yes?

BabyBird said:
Joe's back without docs - I guess we still have some time until next weekend's departure. I'm not worried. Who me? :bitelip: Noooo. Never.

I spent all morning packing and sorting and packing and sorting. If you haven't ever used the travel space bags, you should go get some. I was thrilled at how much I was able to pack in one bag. I was surprised to see that I was still under the max per-bag weight even with the space bags squishing everything.
I have stuff in our over the door shoe holder thingie so I guess I will have to evacuate it sometime soon so it can go in the suitcase. Everything but our dress clothes and last minute toiletries should be packed by the end of tomorrow.

I can't believe we are a week away. It seems like we have been planning this trip forever! We are all still on for a meet at 8 in the super-suite? Yes?

I do not think we have a set time just yet, i think we should agree on a time because i do not plan to spend much time in my room. Let me know.

What about 3? We will all be on board by then and everyone has to get their life jackets and be at their muster station by 4. The deadline will keep it short and sweet!

BabyBird said:
What about 3? We will all be on board by then and everyone has to get their life jackets and be at their muster station by 4. The deadline will keep it short and sweet!

Sounds good to me! We should be done with the Palo line and seating changes by then-and lounging in the pool with frou frou drinks!

I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! We had a blast out in the desert. My whole body is aching though from riding dirt bikes. I'm getting too old for it!
I didn't get to go black friday shopping. I checked the ads today though and there really wasn't anything I wanted/needed.

Shari- I am usually done shoping and have the tree up by now too. I just haven't had time! I think I am going to get everyone gift cards this year. I can go to the grocery store and pick out gift cards for every store imaginable all in one place!

I am going to start packing tomorrow-after I finish washing the enormous pile of dirty clothes! I came home with a crust of dirt about an inch thick all over my body (ok, not really but it feels like it!)

how early can we board the ship? I know the girls will want to hit the pool.

Those who are arriving on 12/9 and driving to the port, what time do yur flights come in, i am scared i will get lost going to the port, we have two cars and i wondered if our flights get in around the same time, if i could tail someone, i am a landmark driver so i am afraid i will get lost, hopefully it is a simple ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter